SiouxSports.com Forum

Greene giant

PIM

Agreed. It must be difficult for a person of his size and strength to reign all that in AND relearn how to play hockey due to the officiating emphasis and when he doesn't get it done in the first twelve games some fans call for his head, question his leadership and captaincy, etc . . . jeez . . . . .

I guess his offseason workout program should have emphasized getting shorter, slower and weaker - ala Chris Fournier; we know how productive he ended up being.

On a side note, it was good to hear on Saturday's postgame that Campion admitted that he "owed Greene one" for mistakingly calling a penalty on him in the third when it should have been Stafford that was penalized.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is interesting to look at USCHO after games where Greene features a big hit, penalized or otherwise. He is the cheapest player in WCHA history behind the likes of Commodore, and every other Sioux defenseman that turned down the opportunity to play at that perspective fan's team :ohmy: Of course, those Gopher fans probably wouldn't admit to wanting someone like Greene or Commodore on their team. Lucia doesn't recruit thugs... except for Taylor, but he's gone now so Lucia can breathe easier now. :lol:

Oh, one question about Greene's play. Was that before or after Jordan was kneed in the mask?

Possibly.  I didn't have a good angle.  From my seat, it appeared as though the SCSU player's knee contacted his mask.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it was the time Parise stayed down on the ice and the trainer came out to look at him, he admitted after the game that he dove and was trying to draw a penalty.

A goalie admitting to a dive, a ref admitting to a mistake and Prpich admitting that his water bottle episode on Friday didn't elicit the response that he hoped for from the Huskies - all during the same weekend!

Did Dr. Phil have a sit-down with these guys before faceoff to discuss feelings and the importance of honesty and opening up?

Looks like we've got a case of the fairweather fans. The boys lose and Matt Greene should quit hockey. We win, and his bone crushing hits are what the team needed.

He has a dance move called the 'godzilla'. Look for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, I'm still concerned about his proven ability to take the stupid penalty which lead to the loss of some games.

I was simply attempting to provide a compliment when the player does something worthwhile and though the referenced penalty was indicative of his reckless nature, it occurred in a better point in the game as compared to his normal two handed crosscheck to the back that he's done in front of too many refs while attempting to kill a PP.

That's all.

Did Dr. Phil have a sit-down with these guys before faceoff to discuss feelings and the importance of honesty and opening up?

No, Dr. Phil was up being interviewed during Friday's first intermission.

Oh, you mean the TV "Dr. Phil", not Dr. Phil Harmeson, UND's NCAA faculty athletics representative. :lol::ohmy:

A goalie admitting to a dive, a ref admitting to a mistake and Prpich admitting that his water bottle episode on Friday didn't elicit the response that he hoped for from the Huskies - all during the same weekend!

Water bottle incident? I missed that one; what happened?

did anyone see Foyt work his magic Friday night? He was on fire.  Not only is he sexy, but he has great hands.  Word on the street says he almost won the shootout competition in practice Thursday. You'll get'em next time Scottie!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like Sioux Rule is back only in disguise.