SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux versus Bison Week

The Sicatoka

Sounds like Kelby Klosterman (throwing shoulder) may be out for the Bison game on Saturday.

Yeah, the Bison may have lost their last three (UC-Davis blew them out in CA, Augie got them in FargoDome, and USD got them in 4 OT in Vermillion), but I believe they are probably in "caged animal" mode right now. They need something to build on.

So how good is QB John Bowenkamp? Can he do the job? I've only seen him in mop-up jobs for Klosterman.

Will Chris Beatty be back so Riza Mahmoud won't have to carry the load all by himself? Where's Adam Roland for that matter? (Schwenzfeier got one carry last week. What's that say?)

My prediction:

Both teams sell out to stop the run and dare the other to pass: Smash-mouth football like you've never seen it. Bring the extra face masks for the helmets and buy the aspirin bulk.

If Kelby were available I'd really like UND's chances. I'm not very confident with Bowenkamp or Joe "The Rifleman" Wilson at the helm. It's a tough spot for them to be thrown into (first start, on the road, at NDSU). Of course, the toughest steel comes out of the hottest fires (and that's your cliche for the week).

Will Shad Carney get any looks in practice this week? If he really is as good as touted when he was recruited why not have his coming out party now? :0

Prediction: Bison by 2. :D

Total Points: Under 34.

I don't care if Bowencamp totally sucks and can't throw a 5 yard spiral, he is still better than Graig "I spell my first name wrong" Gorder. Sioux win by 10.

Anyone else notice that the farmers haven't "stolen" the Nickel Trophy yet? Did their tractor break down or what's the problem?

Im really disappointed in the kind of talk Im hearing. It lacks sportsmanship and fact. Craig Gorder is the better QB right now. Look at the conference stats. Kelby "I am too a Harlon Hill Candidate" Klosterman is truly an embarrassment. He was going to lead the great sue sox to a second national title. That's really doubtful now.

What about the rumor that Klostermans injury is minor but being expanded to allow for a substitute in an effort to avoid a QB controversy in the "grand cities". It might be unbecoming for Dale "i got a modern haircut just like the college kids" Lennon to have a QB problem, especially since UND, the grand forks herald and "shoutin" ed schultz started the big Harlon Hill buzz for your champion.

Certainly jimdahl, your going to have to admit, its a little early in the season to start that isn't it? Your 1-1 has no more legs as far as a conference title or national championship are concerned than the BISON 0-2. I would also like to remind "diggler" that its illegal to steal (check it out at the law library) but stealings not nearly as offensive as his tie.

jbb - I believe Kelby was named NCC offensive player of the week based on his results from this past weekend - so I don't care what the stats are, rather let's ask "what have you done for me lately?" - this weekend Kelby was "the guy" - it is a shame he can't play this coming weekend - hopefully he'll heal quickly.

What about the rumor that Klostermans injury is minor but being expanded ....

Nice form, JBB. Do you always question the injury status of student-athletes? Let's try this instead:

Are we sure Klabo and Murphy are hurt? I heard a rumor that they were embarrassed to come on the field with that team.

That's not my normal form, but I feel it appropriate to read a page from your own book to you. How do you like it? Nice, eh?

PS - That photo that Diggler uses is Grand Forks Red River graduate and Fighting Sioux defenseman Andy Schneider. http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/mhocke...p?PLAYER_ID=488

Im really disappointed in the kind of talk Im hearing.  It lacks sportsmanship and fact.  Craig Gorder is the better QB right now.

Just a tip for you JBB, the name of your quarterback is Graig Gorder, not Craig. Write it with me now. Pick up your green and yellow crayons and try it, I know you can do it. G-R-A-I-G. Very good, JBB. I'm so proud of you I'm going to give you a scratch and sniff sticker! And you can go to reccess early today!

Good one diggler.

The Golden Arm Award is not a most valuable player trophy. Passing statistics are the prime criteria, rushing is only secondary, especially when you dislocate your shoulder and possibly end your season. Not a smart choice, but what could he do? With no receivers open and no worthy running backs to go to Klosterman was forced to run most of the afternoon. Too bad for his career and Harlon Hill Hopes, as well as the Harlon Hill hopes that shoutin ed schultz and UND sports information held out for him. The Harlon Hill Buzz is dead and that buzz was only in the head of his fans and promoters.

JBB, your comment about Coach Lennon's hair is very interesting. I question your fashion knowledge since you probably haven't left your computer in the past several years (seeing all of your postings). That, or there is some underlying interest in our coach. :p Fitting seeing the history of the NDSU fans (former A.D.)

Now for those who want to talk seriously about the issue at hand:

I do question the play calling this year in using Kelby as a majority ball career and feared for this happening. I also ask: Why is Bowenkamp starting over Wilson? I've heard good things about Wilson's arm, isn't it his chance?

Let's make one thing certain: when it comes to Sioux-Bison football it doesn't matter the record, the stats, who's injured, who's healthy, who likes girls, or who likes boys (its ok JBB). All I know is anything and everything can happen, and it will! Lets get ready to rumble! :D