SiouxSports.com Forum

Agassi vs. Roddick

afterShock81

I agree, they play that commercial all the frickin time. Instead of overloading the GF area where everyone already knows about the event, why don't they put some of the commercial time in other market areas. The people of GF only have so much money to spend in a week at the Ralph. Bring people in from out of town and it will help out the entire community.

well said dakotaboy...the problem with the Agassi match is the Ralph wont make any money off of it...the money goes to his charity after expenses..they will hopefully make money in the concessions though..if they sell tickets...the advertising is repaid to the Ralph which is why i am assuming they are getting the Ralph name out there so much since its free...

A heart-felt thank you to the Engelstad family and the REA for bringing this event to GF. It is still hard to fathom that these 2 RANKED players, a month removed from being in NY to participate in the US Open, played a match at the Ralph. Wow.

Expanded advertising may have resulted in a near capacity crowd - tough with it being a weekday -- maybe the city could have tried to "advertise/sell" a dual ticket: come to Grand Forks to see AA vs. AR followed the next night by the T-Wolves -- I'm not sure if REA and the Alerus would be willing to advertise together and/or if the tennis and basketball entities would be willing to advertise together. Regardless, it still was a decent size crowd -- the couple next to us drove up from Sioux Falls (found out about the match via ticketmaster); there were signs held by people from "Kansas" and the Sauk Centre tennis club was there too -- so at least some out-of-towners found their way to GF.

Those of you in the GF area who get cable channel 3 or live in the dorms watch for my sports package about the match on Studio One. I was able to get great footage and interviews. It aires October 21st at approximately 5:40. When you're done you can critique the h*ll out of me. :blush:

Also, it aires in Portland, Denver, Minneapolis and throughout North Dakota as well.

**shameless plug**

I wish I could have been there. It sounded like a lot of fun. I guess GF is the place to be this week. Now the T Wolves come in.

I was a little surprised that they had to get the tennis court from the Staples Center. I would've thought that somewhere closer would have had one. Anyone know what it cost to rent that court?