SiouxSports.com Forum

Grand Forks UND-Maine broadcast?

Let'sGoHawks!

The Friday game will be broadcast by CSTV which is carried by, among others, DirecTV on channel 610 (if it's the same as last year). So, call a bar and see if they have DirecTV (and they get channel 610 which is sometimes extra $). If so, you're in!

:blush: Between Direct TV on Friday and Internet feed of Maine TV boadcast wired to our big screen on Saturday, it will be on in my family room both nights! Good food, good friends and free beer - it just not get any better (other than flying with team to Maine)!

This "Penalty Box" bar in GF, how big is it?  I hear they will have the game for a nominal fee on Friday.  I don't live in GF, I will be there for this weekend though, that is why I am wondering where to watch the game there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i went to the manitoba game last saturday. between periods we went to the olympic rink to check out the "penalty box." at the time it was just a couple of beer stands (similar to the miller stands in the concourse during the games) in the olympic rink with black curtains behind so people didn't wander around the rink. i'm not sure how they will set that part of the rink up to show the game. if you go, let us know...it would be an interesting place to watch away games if they set things up right.

This "Penalty Box" bar in GF, how big is it?  I hear they will have the game for a nominal fee on Friday.  I don't live in GF, I will be there for this weekend though, that is why I am wondering where to watch the game there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it is $7. There will also be a volleyball game at the Betty and the women's hockey game going on at the same time of the UND-Maine game.

:blush: The "Penalty Box" bar is as described and in my opinion a joke.  I would not spend a minute or a dollar in the place!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you go The Ralph website, it says that ANY bar/restaurant can buy, via pay per view, any game telecast on dataflix and show it at their establishment. The cost was around $35.00 per game I think. Therefore, any bar that has an internet connection, a computer with an S-cable/RCA "outs" and a TV with those same "ins," you can watch the dataflix broadcast in a bar on TV... I do it in my TV room for every game not on the FSSN. Not too bad either... just right click on the smaller dataflix window and choose the "full screen" option and my entire big screen is the dataflix broadcast.

Reply here if you want further setup info on how I do it.

Saturday's game is going to be on Maine's CBS affilliate WABI tv 5. That is the same station that is doing the webcast of the game for $15.

My question then is that you'd think a bar in GF would be able to pickup the CBS affillate through DirecTV or DishNetwork. (just like how anyone can watch WDAZ across the country on DirecTV). Does anyone know if the Ralph is going to show the TV or Web version?

Saturday's game is going to be on Maine's CBS affilliate WABI tv 5.  That is the same station that is doing the webcast of the game for $15. 

My question then is that you'd think a bar in GF would be able to pickup the CBS affillate through DirecTV or DishNetwork.  (just like how anyone can watch WDAZ across the country on DirecTV).  Does anyone know if the Ralph is going to show the TV or Web version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think that DirecTV will broadcast a small town CBS affiliate. They tend to only have the major cities as options. Though, in many smaller cities you can now get your local affiliates on your local channels option.

Dagwoods will be showing the friday night broadcast,,it is on CSTV Sports on <a href="http://www.srch-results.com/lm/rtl.asp?k=direct%20tv" onmouseover="window.status='direct tv'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">direct tv</a> sat....The Saturday night game does not look to be broadcast on anything as of yet......Coachdags.....Game time 8pm est our time 7pm

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We will also look into webcast for Saturday nights Game... Looks like it will be webcast thru WABI #5 thru Bangor Maine cbs affilate...if it can be done Dagwoods will have it..we are all set up for webcasts......Coachdags

I just reviewed the DirecTV schedule for CSTV (channel 610) for Saturday. It appears they will be showing the UND versus Maine game that night also. However, it is not starting until 8:30pm.

I assume that is actually the Saturday game and not a rerun of Friday's game.

Saturday's game is scheduled to start at 7pm EST (6pm CST) in Maine.  I would be hopeful that the 8:30pm DirecTV/CSTV game is probably a delayed broadcast of Saturday's game, not Friday's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the Sat broadcast is a rerun of Friday.

So essentially at the Ralph Saturday it will be the Maine webcast? Anyone know?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like it's the WABI tv broadcast from Maine (via satellite, I'd guess). Here's an email from Chris at the REA:

Good to hear from you again. The Friday night game is a CSTV broadcast.

Saturday night we have acquired the TV feed from the local CBS affiliate

in Maine that is doing the game. That will be broadcast inside the arena

here on the concourse TV's and in the Penalty Box. Are you able to make

it? Hope this helps.

Chris