SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (6-15, 5-7) vs USD (11-7, 9-1) 230 2/13

SWSiouxMN

This was good game for UND were getting to see how good this team can be if players play up to their ability. They still have alot to clean up on turnovers and handling shifting of defenses but overall it was very good step forward. The thing i want to see is improved effort tomorrow because SD will still come out of here with split. I still think they can play better defense against them but South Dakota does have many options to score off.  AJ came to life in second half but i did notice they didn't have Inhenacho on him then and soon as they put him back to AJ we got couple of turn overs to get the lead back.  Sims i thought did pretty good job defending Umude  he  made him work for his points and i thought we did that with AJ also so offense end i thought why we getting good looks from threes because they were tired defending. I also think South Dakota game plan was to make North Dakota shoot the three because of their season percentages and take Rebraca away inside but we are shooting ball much better lately and i think this caught South Dakota off guard. Like i say now which team shows up tomorrow one with poor statistics or team we saw today. It would be fun for us to finally put together sweep in conference play tomorrow.

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

What does this mean for us SW?

Helps to take some of the sting from the DU series.  Put them back in the 5th spot in the conference for now.  3 straight wins over the Yotes dating back to last year.  Have to wait to see what happens to the team chasing UND now (Kansas City and WIU play later tonight) to see how big this win was.

Keep a winning season in the Summit in play if they win out but an 8-8 finish is more likely if they take care of business in Omaha next weekend.  That would be enough to get to 5th in conference.  

I'd like to see how they play tomorrow before saying they have finally turned a corner. 

54 minutes ago, ND-fan said:

This was good game for UND were getting to see how good this team can be if players play up to their ability. They still have alot to clean up on turnovers and handling shifting of defenses but overall it was very good step forward. The thing i want to see is improved effort tomorrow because SD will still come out of here with split. I still think they can play better defense against them but South Dakota does have many options to score off.  AJ came to life in second half but i did notice they didn't have Inhenacho on him then and soon as they put him back to AJ we got couple of turn overs to get the lead back.  Sims i thought did pretty good job defending Umude  he  made him work for his points and i thought we did that with AJ also so offense end i thought why we getting good looks from threes because they were tired defending. I also think South Dakota game plan was to make North Dakota shoot the three because of their season percentages and take Rebraca away inside but we are shooting ball much better lately and i think this caught South Dakota off guard. Like i say now which team shows up tomorrow one with poor statistics or team we saw today. It would be fun for us to finally put together sweep in conference play tomorrow.

I thought UND would get one this weekend but I felt it would have been tomorrow.  I fully expect USD to come back strong tomorrow and come away with a split but I need to see UND put together another solid performance.  They finally put together a good 40 and they know that they can do it (its one thing to believe it but when you go out and do it that's a whole different animal).  I loved how when USD made their pushes, they didn't panic and they responded with a push of their own.  Those are two things that they haven't really done a lot of this year. 

15 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Panoam has a good 3pt %.  UND stepped up

That switch that Sather made in the lineup after the first NDSU game has paid off for UND on the offensive side of the basketball. Panoam has brought really great energy to the starting lineup. Ethan has done well in the 3 spot of the lineup as well.  Before the switch, the team was averaging 60 points a game.  Now they are up to around 68 a game.