SiouxSports.com Forum

Bochenski who?

SiouxperDave

I'd still like him on the team. ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am sure a lot of us would like to have him still on the team, however, I think Travis may get us to forget about Bucks... The kid could have one awesome season. I can see it already: Zajac has an awesome season this year and fans to the south of us start pointing to our schedule with the likes of BSU and Canisus on it. Oh well I could care less.

Zajac is obviously very talented and a great prospect, but..

It's never healthy to expect a freshman to be a team leader or to immediately replace the production of a 2-time Hobey Baker finalist. First, the Sioux need veterans to step up their level of play. They also need to be able to get production from more than one line in crucial situations.

I'm not being critical. I like the looks of this team!

Fight on Sioux!

Here we go...the fans crawl out of the woodwork after one game annointing the new players as Hobey candidates and e-mailing the NCAA to tell them to send the national championship trophy to Grand Forks right now. One game does not a season make, folks. Wait until Zajac plays in front of thousands of fans screaming AGAINST him to see how well he does under pressure. And not one but TWO short-handed goals scored against you? Yikes. Some things to work on, but definitely a positive start.

Zajac is obviously very talented and a great prospect, but..

It's never healthy to expect a freshman to be a team leader or to immediately replace the production of a 2-time Hobey Baker finalist. First, the Sioux need veterans to step up their level of play. They also need to be able to get production from more than one line in crucial situations.

I'm not being critical. I like the looks of this team!

Fight on Sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know that too many are expecting Zajac to be the second coming, at least not on the level as ZP. It is interesting to note that Zajac was taken in about the same place as ZP in the NHL draft. From watching him on Sat he for sure has the potential to have a season similar to ZP's freshman year. He is a great two way player, that likely doesn't have the hockey sense ZP did, but he is a lot bigger.

I think Hak played the freshman (forwards) a lot just to take a look at them. I'd expect to see Fylling moved up into the top two lines next weekend. It will be nice to get another look at the new players tomorrow night.