SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. UMB?

Bisonfan1234

Have you guys ever played or considered playing the U of Manitoba's football team?

I would've never thoguht of it but there is a guy who is playing for the Vikings who is from there, so they must have decent players. Might be a good game. Who knows?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you guys ever considered playing the University of Minnesota, or possibly Boston College. The Vikings have guys from those places too. Might be a good game. Who knows??

He tries to bring up a point about the Sioux football team playing Manitoba, and some people degrade him and/or his (bf1234) favorite football team? :D

The Sioux do play Manitoba in hockey for an exhibition game, so maybe the same could be the same for football, but the Sioux would never play them in a non-conference game because I'm (almost) sure the NCAA doesn't include teams against a canadian team in it's SSI. Who knows he could be right, it might be a good game.

Years ago, when I was in undergrad school, :D NDSU played a Canadian team.  I think it was called Simon-Fraser University or something like that.  They came to NDSU, so I think that they must have played "American rules" or NDSU would have probably never scheduled a game with them....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Although they are Canadian, Simon Fraser is actually an NAIA member. I believe they won the all-sports title last year (Director's Cup) for NAIA.

I played 11-man football in high school. We scheduled a game one year against a 9-man team where whoever was on offense determined the number of players on the field so we played 11-man when we were offense and 9-man when they were. Based on that experience, I don't think either team benefits from a game like that because of the extra time we spent in practice for one game. If it ever happened, I'm sure the Canadian team would have to use US rules which wouldn't really benefit them for their season.