SiouxSports.com Forum

Pod style game 5-Duluth, and I hate Duluth.

Wilbur

9 minutes ago, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

I want to make a comment about the play-by-play of UND hockey games.  Does anyone else get tired of the constant babbling of both the guys in the booth?  I ended up muting the game for a while after one of them started to comment on someone being on vacation in Italy and going to the top of a mountain......all this while play is going on!  Someone in management needs to give some direction to these guys so they can do the job for which they are hired.  Namely, a play-by-play announcer should do mostly just that.  The color guy should make comments related to the game, but do it mostly when play is stopped.

If I thought I could get Hennessy on the radio and synch it with the tv video, it would solve the problem, but I don't think I have that possibility available to me.

If Alex or Jake read this:  Please make a self-evaluation of the way you cover the games.  You are both knowledgeable about the sport of hockey and could really add a lot to the enjoyment of the the audience watching the game.  Getting into a gab-fest with each other while the game is in progress only detracts from your performance.

Wooger (RIP) and Mazzocco used to do stuff like this all the time. This is a First World Problem, just my 2 cents.

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I think the coaches keep 29-22-17 together.  Then again, anyone can play with 22-17.

Hain and Senden are great together, gotta find the third guy.  Cole Smith mentality please.

Didn't get on the score sheet, but 21-14-28 was for 60 minutes our best line.  Might have been Keane's best game.  Don't have a finisher on that line, but they can grind away shifts in the offensive zone.

Keaner deserves more icetime.  

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

I want to make a comment about the play-by-play of UND hockey games.  Does anyone else get tired of the constant babbling of both the guys in the booth?  I ended up muting the game for a while after one of them started to comment on someone being on vacation in Italy and going to the top of a mountain......all this while play is going on!  Someone in management needs to give some direction to these guys so they can do the job for which they are hired.  Namely, a play-by-play announcer should do mostly just that.  The color guy should make comments related to the game, but do it mostly when play is stopped.

If I thought I could get Hennessy on the radio and synch it with the tv video, it would solve the problem, but I don't think I have that possibility available to me.

If Alex or Jake read this:  Please make a self-evaluation of the way you cover the games.  You are both knowledgeable about the sport of hockey and could really add a lot to the enjoyment of the the audience watching the game.  Getting into a gab-fest with each other while the game is in progress only detracts from your performance.

Spot on!  Listen to Starman and Holden sometime; it's night and day difference.  They actually are talking about what's happening on the ice...novel concept.

22 hours ago, Old Barn Guy at Home said:

The last game against DU, I thought I was listening to the DU play by play guys as they were gushing about DU for most of the game. I had to mute them.