SiouxSports.com Forum

USCHO National Poll

soSIOUXme

SCSU's operation "respect" just got pinged - on insidecollegehockey.com they list 16 teams on a power ranking scheme - 1 - Denver 3 - MN 11 - ND 16 - Wisc on the bubble CC and UAA ...... I didn't see SCSU listed. What's up with that?

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I would get this thread going again. Looks like the team moved up the ranks without playing any games this past weekend. Looks like due to the Maine loss and Cornell not having played a game yet. Anyway, just thought that I would put it out there if you haven't seen it yet.

USCHO Men's D1 Poll

Here is the USA Today Poll, nothing changed for the Sioux in this poll.

USA Today Poll

Personally I think this is a good illustration of how meaningful early season polls are. I suppose you have to do them but I don't think one should put much stock in them.

I think it is way too early to put the Sioux at #7 in the nation. Let's face it, last year was not a good year. We have played 2 games this year, one against a bad Canisius team.

Yes, we did play pretty well against a top ranked Michigan team but that is one game. I don't think we really know what this team is made of for at least a couple weeks.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't think the Sioux ARE a #7 team. I just don't know that there is enough proof this early in the season. I sure as heck hope they are. I like the leadership on this team, and the effort being shown on the ice so far.

Hope it keeps up this weekend!

The funniest part is watching the moves when we didn't even play. I understand UND moving ahead of Maine (who lost 0-3 to CC).

However, how did we overtake Cornell, who also didn't play? I guess where 0-0-0 Cornell fits into the polls is a tricky question, though.

Looking at who is above and below the Sioux in the poll, #7 looks about right... although I think Jan Brady is a little low even with the loss to Ferris. I would put them just ahead of the Sioux for now.

Kind of off subject, but does anyone know who has the current longest streak of consecutive weeks in the top 10? My guess is Michigan. I can't recall a time since at least 1996 that they would not have been in the top 10. BC and the Sioux had quite a streak going until last year.

I completely agree with you dagies, it is way too early for the polls to be accurate I was just putting it out there. The poll that makes the most sense to me is the pairwise rankings and that doesn't come out for a while. Even the pairwise isn't going to determine the outcome of a game, that's why they are played (and for our enjoyment). I just think it's nice that other people out there think highly of the Sioux this year. I also think that staying around the middle of the polls doesn't put any added pressure on the team, and doesn't make them a target for other teams, which can happen to some of the top ranked teams

I think Jan Brady is a little low even with the loss to Ferris. I would put them just ahead of the Sioux for now.

Sorry Guys I am not convinced that JBSU or SCCC is that good. Sorry I am not saying anything controversial, SCSU lost a lot of good people and they don't have a great goal tender, I would take any of our goalies over Jake Moreland. I think SCCC is going to slump this year. Just a thought/theory...