SiouxSports.com Forum

Questions from a Gopher fan heading to NoDak!

FIRE HELMET GUY #26

Southgate is a good pre/post game place, although it's pretty smokey. They have drink specials, and no bar around has any food that can beat their beef tips and toast! They have a bus to/from the Ralph. They're on South Washington near 24th ave.

OK, I'm headed up to Engelstad with a friend for the exhibition game... as a Sioux fan... (shh, don't tell any of my fellow season ticket holders at the National Hockey Center :) ). I was just wondering where I could find good places to go post-game, & also, does anyone know how we can get tours of the arena?

(Will be stopping at the Red Pepper, definitely, their food looks awesome).

Looking forward to the start of the season :D

Thanks,

Elizabeth

Tours of the Ralph (both living and virtual) can be found at:

REA Tour Info

While there is not a whole lot to do in GF, hockey games bring out the best in this community.

Dagwoods is a good place to go, can get crowded before games, but if you're looking for Sioux fans its a good place to start.

El Roco hasn't been said yet. Kind of a college and up "dance club" feel to it. If you want to drink and socialize their specials are dec.

Buck 50's at DU is always a must on a Friday from 4:30 till game.

The Edge and Jonsey's Dugout are now:

UPTOWN/DOWNTOWN GF

Haven't sampled them yet, but it wouldn't take much to beat the Edge...unless you're the type who likes the "younger" Central High School crowd with the "highest" quality fake IDs.

As for the Pepper...Salami Taco Grinder has been a fail safe since I was a wee lad, but Turkey w/ Taco meat is quickly becoming a favorite.

Oh yeah...if you don't want to drink?

...um...

The malls are a joke, for the most part, compared to those in the Twin Cities area. There are "mini malls" popping up all over to adequately satisfy your shopping needs.

Check out the Ralph tours though, the building is unreal, and filled with all types of Sioux/WCHA memorabelia.

We have a Culvers now!

Not quite sure about the "fine dining" in GFK, as a college student I don't partake too often...however I do know that:

Lola's is a pretty decent Italian place that, for some reason, has been rumored to close for years.

Sanders has Salmon that is seriously unbelievable. Kim is a great cook/guy, and a little eccentric about his cooking/attire. He'll be the guy in the tye-dye pants with the "I 'heart' GF" shirt. If you get a chance, and don't mind a (fairly) high bill, I highly recommend it. Listen to the specials too, there are many other entrees that I enjoy.

Oh yeah...if you don't want to drink?

...um...

The malls are a joke, for the most part, compared to those in the Twin Cities area. There are "mini malls" popping up all over to adequately satisfy your shopping needs.

Check out the Ralph tours though, the building is unreal, and filled with all types of Sioux/WCHA memorabelia.

We have a Culvers now!

Not quite sure about the "fine dining" in GFK, as a college student I don't partake too often...however I do know that:

Lola's is a pretty decent Italian place that, for some reason, has been rumored to close for years.

Sanders has Salmon that is seriously unbelievable. Kim is a great cook/guy, and a little eccentric about his cooking/attire. He'll be the guy in the tye-dye pants with the "I 'heart' GF" shirt. If you get a chance, and don't mind a (fairly) high bill, I highly recommend it. Listen to the specials too, there are many other entrees that I enjoy.

I find it humorous to compare Grand Forks malls to anywhere else :D Even Fargo has a better mall.

New restaurants are popping up like Culvers and Qdoba. I hear we are also getting a Coldstone Ice Cream place.

There is a lot of development under consideration including a movie theater that will bring Grand Forks past the 1990s in terms of theater quality (but we don't know if and when that will be built). The point is, Grand Forks is slowly growing and with it comes more attractions.

No, if you come here expecting it to be even half of what the Twin Cities is, you'll be greatly disappointed. But if you want an atmosphere where you can leave for your cross town workplace 10-15 minutes before your shift starts, friendly people, and a decent atmosphere despite the conditions, GF is a nice place.

Siouxtupa makes good recommendations for eats if your pocketbook can handle it.

A nice package for the future should be in place when you come back. :)

Turkey and taco meat. :D

Sounds like a fun place. Grand Forks seems to be growing. There is quite a bit of development around the Ralph. Another good place to eat in GF is "jimmyjohns". A sub shop with less bread and more meat. This is a chain like Culvers and Cold Stone that is common in the cities area, but rare in ND.

Sounds like a fun place. Grand Forks seems to be growing. There is quite a bit of development around the Ralph. Another good place to eat in GF is "jimmyjohns". A sub shop with less bread and more meat. This is a chain like Culvers and Cold Stone that is common in the cities area, but rare in ND.

Someone needs to bring back the old Fat Alberts that was on Gateway...I will take one Atomic please!!!!