SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Dominate!

Let'sGoHawks!

Went to the game today. The Sioux dominated Mesa. The stats were amazing! Over 500 yards offense for the Sioux, around 85 for Mesa! Mesa was frustrated often, I saw quite a few of their players paying more attention to the UND student section than the thumping they were taking. A few of their players laughed and joked on the sideline when they were down by over 50 points. Number 24 was pretty cocky too, he was one of their corners who got torched all day, but kept on sauntering around the sideline throughout the game. I wasn't impressed by their football skills or how they carried themselves at all.

Ah yes, that wonderful brand of DIAA caliber football that has the Northern Colorado coach refusing a penalty on the kickoff which would have killed more time off the clock and given them better field position. Not only did he accept the terrible field position, but he played ultra-conservative on top of it and forcing his team to sweat out a last second field goal attempt. By the way, gotta love that former Division I quarterback Tony Stauss, he is quite the gem. Wish the Sioux defense could continue feasting on him.

Whatever...UND's schedule has been a joke the last couple of years...UNC would've creamed this years UND team.

Ok, lets talk about schedules then. You first victory of the year cam against a non-scholarship "DI-AA" squad. Next week, you have an NAIA team that just beat Jamestown College this week. Don't come here and talk about schedules. In fact, just don't come here at all. Nobody ever mentioned ndsu in this thread until you had to come on here and have diarrhea of the mouth. Go away, you are pathetic.

I forgot to mention: The Sioux beat the 23rd ranked team in the country with their 2nd string quarterback 65-7. It was 52-0 at halftime! This game could have been much worse.

I don't know what all of this jibberish is about the bison, who cares about them? Why would one of their fans come on our board and talk trash about the Sioux victory?....oh yeah, because they are a bison fan and are probably mad they lost today to a team with the alloted number of scholarships.

TNT is right, ignore the blundering turd fans and they will go away...I hope!

Wow, an interesting game to say the least. Are the Sioux that good, or is Mesa that bad? My guess is that the answer lies somewhere in the middle of the 2. I am glad to see the redshirt pulled off of Dressler for a few reasons. Hermes was returning kickoffs before today, and I suspect that Dressler will take over that role from him now. Nothing wrong with Tony, obviously a great athlete, but having a LB back there as a return man is not the most ideal scenario. Dressler has the skill set that is ideal for punt and kick returns. The linebacker combos the Sioux can put out there are amazing, there is a different set for every single situation. Belmore looked real good. O & D lines were both wonderful. One thing to remember for later in the year, the Sioux ran the reverse to Groeshl early in the game for about 5-7 yards. Mark my words, later in the year in a big situation they will run a reverse pass out of the same set that will go for extremely big yardage.

say what you want about Valpo...it would be a challenge for most of the Modern Day NCC  and it would kill any non NCC patsy UND annually has on its schedule.

I'll try this one more time...AT LEAST CROOKSTON HAD 4 1/2 SCHOLARSHIPS! if you think Valpo would be competitive in the NCC you're sadly wrong. They couldn't cross the 50 YARD LINE against NDSU's 3 teamers...that's absolutely pathetic. You beat Montana last year, but couldn't win the NCC - much less make the playoffs - that says right there the gulf of talent between the top of DII and division one AA isn't THAT big. Get your face out of the plastic bag and quit sniffing that YELLOW paint...it's frying your brain!

PS - You can get your revenge via the NAIA this weekend - THAT WILL BE SWEET!!! (I hope 19,000 show up for that joke) :p:)

Speaking of Dressler...

I heard a rumor that he could play in 20% of the games and still be able to keep his redshirt, because he has an injury and they are seeing if he can play through it or whether he should redshirt...I don't know if this is true or not, but I would believe that if he can play, he will...Great performance by Belmore and company!!!

Speaking of Dressler...

I heard a rumor that he could play in 20% of the games and still be able to keep his redshirt, because he has an injury and they are seeing if he can play through it or whether he should redshirt...I don't know if this is true or not, but I would believe that if he can play, he will...Great performance by Belmore and company!!!

Just a guess, but if Bowenkamp was hurt last week they may have still started him due to the competition of Delta State. I am sure the coaching staff realized immediatly once watching Mesa's game tape that they were not very good and this would be a great opportunity to get JB some rest and Belmore some valuble game experiece with little to no risk.

I was surprised that Dressler played. I am not completely sure about the redshirt rule, but if he plays next week and maybe gets hurt or the injury is aggrevated he could still get a medical hardship depending upon how much he has actually played during the games. I also think that UND never intended on redshirting him but didn't want to throw him to the wolves in the first game against fairly good competition. It is probably a good idea to ease any player into a major role on the team, especially if they are a true freshman.

Note to NDSU: On your way home from CO, open up the plane doors at about 25,000 feet. Through your starting QB and kicker out. Problem solved.

Seriously the game yesterday was probably the ugliest football game I've ever seen. Both teams were terrible on offense. At least CO had a kicker and NDSU had a freshman QB that could play. Otherwise they would still be playing OT trying to break the 0-0 tie.

As far as the Sioux go - weak competition? Mesa state beat the Sioux last year and were a playoff team. Montana Tech plays in the same league as teams like Valley City and Dickinson. NDSU could bring out the South JV team and beat them.

It is getting harder for me to like Bison Football. The program has been on a downward slide the last 10 or so years. What a great time to move up a division - when your team is going into the crapper. :p

The Sioux are playing it right. If they do move up to DIAA they will bring a winning program that has been building into a DII powerhouse. I think leagues like the Big Sky will be more impressed with a program that has played in several championship games the past 5 years than a team that still brags about their championships from the 1980's.

Dominate......I wouldn't call the Sioux games domination. They have all been close games in recent years including that 16-13 defensive thriller won by the Bison in 2000! Seems to me the Sioux got lucky quite a bit in recent years. The only reason I was prompted to come to this board was that idiot of yours, SIOUXMENOW, keeps posting wortless smack over on Bisonville. You should keep that crap here. It goes both ways. I was surprised to see how cocky UND fans are getting because they've beaten some cupcakes. NDSU is proving its a more progressive institution that isn't content to stay in a watered down D2. See you in a couple years again when your institution finally gets with the times. Then we'll see who has the better Football team. The fact remains if your AD had any testicualr fortitude you'd be in the Great West right now with UNC, SDSU, NDSU, UCD, etc...but instead he wants to play the Crookstons of D2 and think his institution is achieving greatness.

Cocky? Who the heck on here has been cocky about winning anything? If you have an issue with someone, take it to email. You don't need to come here and pull the same crap you say SMN is pulling on bisonville. That seems to be counterproductive and also validates that SMN is getting to you. Be the bigger man and quit being an ass on siouxsports.com.