SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Dominate!

Let'sGoHawks!

Well why wouldn't they be cocky, look at their schedule. The funny thing is we had 3,000 more people at our game then the N.C. vs. NDSU game. Wasn't that game hyped up to be a aa classic. On T.V. they showed one side completely empty. And the attendance was 5,311. I thought there would be at least 5,000 bison fans there. Well tickets for tech go on sale tomorrow for $3.00.

The only reason I was prompted to come to this board was that idiot of yours, SIOUXMENOW, keeps posting wortless smack over on Bisonville.
If you're upset about something happening on another message board, please address it there -- do not drag it over here. Come here whenever you want to discuss Fighting Sioux Football.

Regarding UND's strength of schedule so far, Mesa St. was UND's only regular season loss last year and was #23 in the AFCA poll and Don Hansen's rankings before this week. Delta St was #10 in the d2football poll and #14 in Don Hansen's rankings before playing the Sioux. We can't help it that playing the Sioux makes opponents look bad :p

If you're upset about something happening on another message board, please address it there -- do not drag it over here. Come here whenever you want to discuss Fighting Sioux Football.

Regarding UND's strength of schedule so far, Mesa St. was UND's only regular season loss last year and was #23 in the AFCA poll and Don Hansen's rankings before this week. Delta St was #10 in the d2football poll and #14 in Don Hansen's rankings before playing the Sioux. We can't help it that playing the Sioux makes opponents look bad :p

Central Oklahoma (the team that beat Mesa in the opener) won handily yesterday too but I have the feeling Mesa was greatly overrated in the pre-season polls. Not UND's fault though and throttling a top-25 team can only help them down the road. I thought Delta was a legit top-10 team - they'll be around at the end of the year.

Dominate......I wouldn't call the Sioux games domination. They have all been close games in recent years including that 16-13 defensive thriller won by the Bison in 2000!  Seems to me the Sioux got lucky quite a bit in recent years.  The only reason I was prompted to come to this board was that idiot of yours, SIOUXMENOW, keeps posting wortless smack over on Bisonville.  You should keep that crap here.  It goes both ways.  I was surprised to see how cocky UND fans are getting because they've beaten some cupcakes.  NDSU is proving its a more progressive institution that isn't content to stay in a watered down D2.  See you in a couple years again when your institution finally gets with the times.  Then we'll see who has the better Football team.  The fact remains if your AD had any testicualr fortitude you'd be in the Great West right now with UNC, SDSU, NDSU, UCD, etc...but instead he wants to play the Crookstons of D2 and think his institution is achieving greatness.

Just a quick question for you. Where exactly was NDSU in 2001, 2002 and 2003??? I didn't see them anywhere. :):p

licking their buffalo *UTTS after getting beat by UND!! That's why they ran away...ran away...for the DIVISION ONE WORLD of Valparaiso!!! (Maybe Valpo would like a rematch in MBB??? :):p:) ) where "they" can WIN with no complications!!!! (CUE MUSIC: "Sunshine, lollipops and Rainbows EVERYWHERE!!!)

I am just back from Greeley and read a bit about the Mesa State game. Sounds like Mesa State will not be a threat to do much in the D2 playoffs. I think there is no question that UND should be the #1 ranked team in D2.

As to the comments about a QB controversy at NDSU....there is no controversy....Walker must be the starter, Stauss is not getting it done. I say you go for the future of the team and go with the Freshman. It was unbelievable how a Freshman like him could come in and turn that game so fast. As to the kicker, on that missed FG in the end, the holder bobbled the ball and didn't get it set very well. I guess that didn't show up on TV very well. It was an exciting game....

A couple of interesting articles from the Grand Junction Sentinel,

the first from Sunday on the game results: Second verse same as first for Mavericks

and the second from today on the college atmosphere at the game:

[url=http://www.gjsentinel.com/hp/content/epaper/editions/monday/9_6_pa_column.html;COXnetJSessionID=B8eLB5rpaeDDQVkFz1WWIhsEPsLsgyR2p7qlAjKUYb51TEW01Riq!672961906?urac=n&urvf=10944917236660.4391758975770377]Mavs don

maybe those Ag College :p guys are right?? DII is going downhill like a snowsledder in Minot!! Unfortunately...we've got the anchor called DI Womens Hockey to pay for...and I don't see prospects for a huge influx of $$ coming soon for us to move up. (hopefully REA won't decide to build a Basket Weaving Auditorium on the heels of the Betty) TALENT-WISE - division one AA isn't that big of a jump (except for the Scholly $$'s) - UNC beat NDSU with ONE year's more experience - 13 LESS scholarships....AND a field goal kicker with a more than 50degree Arc!!! We can be there!!! It'll just take some time....

were already at the D1AA level, that kicker Colorado had was brutal, horrible...and NDSU...wow...that was ugly....as far as starting the freshman QB...its easy to come into the game when your down and need to get it done, playing from the have to...not starting and not being the MAN...no pressure, but when your named the starter and you become the MAN...its a whole new ball game, and not many freshman are ready for that...