SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux FB moments

artsnott99

Wow, there are so many. Here are a few of the specific individual plays that stick out in my mind:

- Mike Mooney's strip against the Bison to end the streak in 1993

- Chad Mustard's catch and plow for a TD against Pitt. St. in the 2001 playoffs.

- Obviously, Jimmy's catch and run against the Bison in 1998.

- Travis Lueck's diving catch last year, I forget against who, but I do know he ended his season on that play by breaking his collar bone. Best catch I have seen.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. But by far the most amazing college football play I have seen with my own eyes:

- Kelly Howe running down Josh Ranek @ SDSU in 1998. Ranek broke through the line and was off to the races for about a 90 yard run, and I swear Ranek had a 15 yard lead on Howe. Kelly catches him from behind, punches the ball loose, and Brant Grimes recovers the fumble in the endzone for a touchback. Ended up being the difference in the game and was voted "Hustle Play of the Year" nationally in college football. Simply unbelievable.

I know it this is supposed to be BEST FOOTBALL MOMENTS, but Big Game's post about Jimmy got me thinking about individual plays. Obviously winning the national title has to up there, as well as all last year's comebacks and the title game.

Of recent memory, "the drive" has got to be the best. After all, it included "the play." :lol: I'll never forget watching the play in my basement... there were about 15 of us all sitting in chairs and couches when the play started, and when it ended, we were all standing about 3 feet away from the TV, screaming, high fiving, and laughing at the guy who missed the tackle, who was crying like a baby. Simply the best.

Last year had so many good moments:

The field goal to beat St. Cloud

4th & 1, Digger Sticks him

The bobbly 2pt. conversion

... among so many others.

How could any moment be considered better than "the play":lol:?

i hope everyone realizes that i know that "the play" is by far the best in the history of sioux football. i think that goes without saying, especially with the avatar i have of luke hoisting the national championship trophy. by far, the best moment is sioux football.

-Kelly Howe's 90+ yard INT return against Mankato after breaking his leg a year before.

-Craig Riendeau hit against UNC wideout in '99.

-Kevin Klancher's "flip pass" to Tony DelDotto for a TD in '95.

-The back pick I set on Lon Carlson in a Intramural game in '98. :lol:

My favorite play was anytime that Adam Stratton was on the field. That guy was so much fun to watch, but I can't pick all of those plays so I will have to pick the National Championship win.

Speaking of Stratton, does anybody know what happened to him. Did he get the chance to go pro?

Jimmy running away from the NDSU secondary was the most amazing play. That just wasn't fair. The best moment though is Luke, not even close. I missed the Riendeau hit because it was cold and I went back to my dorm cause I was wearing a short sleeve shirt. I'm a dope. I do remember Schultz having his second biggest cow ever on the play, though.

I remember a game at Memorial when Todd Bouman ran in a last second TD to win the game for SCSU. That was my best UND Football memory. :lol: Good luck this year. If we can't win the NCC and make the playoffs, I will pull for you guys.

I also remember never losing to SCSU.

Can't remember the last time UND lost to the PuPs!?!? 93 maybe???

97-blowout

98-heartbreaker

99-blowout

00-heartbreaker

Good ol' Hedberg will never get over the UND hump!

Lon,

watch out for those back picks!!!

Sitting in Dimaggio's last year watching the Sioux - Bison game and watching the three little Bison idiots playing pool, watching the game, and calling their buddies on cell phones every time the cows did something good. At the end, they were all down on their knees holding each others hands just before the Sioux stopped the Bison cold. I thought they were going to cry. TFF!!

Sitting in Dimaggio's last year watching the Sioux - Bison game and watching the three little Bison idiots playing pool, watching the game, and calling their buddies on cell phones every time the cows did something good. At the end, they were all down on their knees holding each others hands just before the Sioux stopped the Bison cold. I thought they were going to cry. TFF!!

Priceless.......

i hope everyone realizes that i know that "the play" is by far the best in the history of sioux football. i think that goes without saying, especially with the avatar i have of luke hoisting the national championship trophy. by far, the best moment is sioux football.

:p:ohmy::D:p

I didn't enjoy that play so much. It only lets me say 2 NC > 1 NC, and that now we're tied up 1-1, instead of 2-0.

;););)

:p:ohmy::D:p

I didn't enjoy that play so much. It only lets me say 2 NC > 1 NC, and that now we're tied up 1-1, instead of 2-0.

;););)

You look at "the play" as a busted one that "robbed" Grand Valley State of a title. I look at Bowenkamp's fumble near the goal line last year, which pretty much gave Grand Valley State the only td of the game, in a similar light. But for that play, UND may very well have won 6-3 since it would have been a chip shot field goal for Glas. All in all, I'd say 1-1 for both teams is about right considering how close both games were.