SiouxSports.com Forum

It's official - Eades is hired!

UNDProud

I love it when Gophs start whining about the "Canadian hockey tactics" employed by Eades and company in the 70s and 80s, and how the new coaching contingent will bring it back. If it wins 2 NCAA's in 3 years like it did for Eades when he was a player, I'd say go for it :)

I love it when Gophs start whining about the "Canadian hockey tactics" employed by  Eades and company in the 70s and 80s, and how the new coaching contingent will bring it back. If it wins 2 NCAA's in 3 years like it did for Eades when he was a player, I'd say go for it :p

Actually Sprig,

The Goofs and company have been whining about their 'Pride on Ice' issues and canadian black jack since before the beginning of time. They all tried to kick us and Denver out way back in the day because of 'the Canadian influence'. What they don't ever admit to is that the State of North Dakota, especially the Grand Forks contingent has a pretty equal per capita contribution to the college and pro ranks as most of the schools who question our ethics.

Sure Minnesota is the State of Hockey, but when a couple of their 'towns' equal our population by themselves. I'd say us nodakers play some pretty good puck. And as far as the east and the lakes states are concerned, they probably think NoDak is part of Canada anyway. :lol:

oh, btw... where did someone bring this up again?

Yes, Bush will soon be announcing a new addition to the "axis of evil". Iraq, Iran, North Korea, Cuba, Libya, Syria and Eades.

:lol:

Makes you wonder if Homeland Security Archie would let Cary back across the border :p

So with the hiring of Eades does anyone else think that we have a very good shot at getting Kyle Hardwick? Just a thought.

Possibly...I wonder if the recruiting factor played any part in the asst. coach hiring. A majority of USHL players have already committed to schools, however there is still a nice hockey factory in Warroad full of high school kids that have yet to give verbals.

I wonder if the recruiting factor played any part in the asst. coach hiring. A majority of USHL players have already committed to schools, however there is still a nice hockey factory in Warroad full of high school kids that have yet to give verbals.

He already "recruited" most of them once, it shouldn't be hard to do it again! :lol:

I am so sick and tired of being lectured by Gopher fans how our National tiles are tainted because we won them with 25 year old canadians. Slappy has already brought up points about our coaching staff being from Canada. So what.

I wonder if they'd be willing to give back a couple of Grant Potulny's goals last season... Especially the one in the Frozen Five...

I admit to being sortof clueless in this matter, but why do we care what the gopher homers on POI are saying about our coaching staff? I'm very vocal about letting those people just keep preaching to their choir. I only listen to a select few Gopher fans and most of those I mean frequently post here.

And besides, let them throw stones at our coaching staff. It will make them think more distracting thoughts away from their defensive and goaltending woes. I mean, is Eades and Hakstol more important to Gopher fans that figuring out what is going to happen now that the defense has been stretched thin and the repeat of last season's lack of depth at goaltending? I mean, if I were a Gopher fan I'd be worried about that. What happens if Briggs gets injured? They've got nobody behind Briggs. I would think that that should dominate their time.

Now back to our regularly schedule doldrums waiting for the season to start.

I would much rather have players like Cary Eades, Dave Hakstol etc. than guys like Demarchi, Ballard, Taffe and Westrum who will cheap shot you then turn away. In my opinion face to face confrontations are all a part of hockey, but the cheap checking from behind needs to be eliminated from the game. That is where the injuries come from. That said, I'm not saying that all Sioux players are saints in that regard, but as far as Eades and Hakstol are concerned, they were straight up players. In fact, when Hakstol fought Hankinson, he reached for his own helmet as if to offer Hankinson the opportunity to dance like they do in the NHL, but Hankinson would have no part of it.

In fact, when Hakstol fought Hankinson, he reached for his own helmet as if to offer Hankinson the opportunity to dance like they do in the NHL, but Hankinson would have no part of it.

Thanks for sharing. :lol: I didn't know about this incident... how did it turn out?