SiouxSports.com Forum

The other Lamoureux's

spfreak

On the Tri-City Storm website it has an updated protected list for the upcoming year. This list has a couple of intriguing inclusions: P.J. and Mario Lamoureux. I would guess that the Sioux have a lock on all of the Lamoureuxs if they so choose to get them. Does anyone know if one or both have a shot at making the team and if they do will Mario go play there instead of playing for Central. He was pretty impressive against so so (at best) competition for Central.

Another interesting tidbit is that Jordan Mowbray, who played at Shattuck last year, is going to continue to play with Duncan as he is going to play for Salmon Arm. His rights belong to Green Bay in the USHL, but who can blame him for playing in a far more offensively minded BCHL. Another one to watch from Salmon Arm is a new one named Luke Cain (if I remember right). He is a six foot three two hundred pound or so power forward.

On the Tri-City Storm website it has an updated protected list for the upcoming year. This list has a couple of intriguing inclusions: P.J. and Mario Lamoureux. I would guess that the Sioux have a lock on all of the Lamoureuxs if they so choose to get them. Does anyone know if one or both have a shot at making the team and if they do will Mario go play there instead of playing for Central. He was pretty impressive against so so (at best) competition for Central.

Another interesting tidbit is that Jordan Mowbray, who played at Shattuck last year, is going to continue to play with Duncan as he is going to play for Salmon Arm. His rights belong to Green Bay in the USHL, but who can blame him for playing in a far more offensively minded BCHL. Another one to watch from Salmon Arm is a new one named Luke Cain (if I remember right). He is a six foot three two hundred pound or so power forward.

I heard that Mario made Tri-City and that he will be playing junior hockey somewhere next year, whether it be Tri-City or Bismarck.

From what I know Mario will be playing for Central at least one more year. PJ might be back at Bismarck. Jaques (sp?) had troubles in juniors so I dont know what will become of him. Mario is the best player out of all the Lamoureuxs. Mario will have a decent shot at the sioux but more Mario maybe PJ if he keeps exceling. PJ is a force he hits hard, finishes all his checks, and likes to fight. Last weekend both looked very good in the fargo tourny. On Jaques I heard he's working hard to get back in shape for the next season in juniors but I have no idea on what team maybe Bismarck if they want him back.

From what I know Mario will be playing for Central at least one more year. PJ might be back at Bismarck. Jaques (sp?) had troubles in juniors so I dont know what will become of him. Mario is the best player out of all the Lamoureuxs. Mario will have a decent shot at the sioux but more Mario maybe PJ if he keeps exceling. PJ is a force he hits hard, finishes all his checks, and likes to fight. Last weekend both looked very good in the fargo tourny. On Jaques I heard he's working hard to get back in shape for the next season in juniors but I have no idea on what team maybe Bismarck if they want him back.

JUst a question. How old are these two kids? Seems like one of them was pretty young when he played at Central, if I remeber right didn't one of them play at Central as a 8th grader?

Mario played for Central two years ago as an 8th grader. I believe based on his birthdate P.J. would be a junior (maybe senior) this year. Jacques would be a senior in the upcoming year as I remember.

Oh my god was that two years ago already. I thought the kid was pretty good hockey player for only being an 8th grader. I have heard there are nine of them all of which are supposed to be really good athletes, I believe two of them are twins girls which are also hockey players. I can't imagine what it cost to put skates on all of them. I hope most of them end up at UND. That would really throw Wooger off on FSN. First the Pazner Division then the Lamoureux's...

Oh my god was that two years ago already. I thought the kid was pretty good hockey player for only being an 8th grader. I have heard there are nine of them all of which are supposed to be really good athletes, I believe two of them are twins girls which are also hockey players. I can't imagine what it cost to put skates on all of them. I hope most of them end up at UND. That would really throw Wooger off on FSN. First the Pazner Division then the Lamoureux's...

There are 6--Phillip, Jacque, PJ, Mario, Monique and Jocelyn. Mario would be a sophomore, but is an 88 so he is the same age as many of the juniors around the state, like Paul Weisgarber. I suspect he was either held back or started school late. The girls will be 2nd year bantams.

Jacques was either dropped from Bismarck or didn't dress the last half of the season. He did not contribute much when he did play. PJ is a D-man that fit into the NAHL pretty good. From what I saw he isn't even close to having the speed or skills for a D-1 prospect. Mario was one of the top 5 players in the state last year as a 10th grader, but so was Jacques when he was that age. Some players progress quickly then hit a wall, hopefully Mario continues to progress. They kind of remind me of the Schneiders, Toby was probably the best player in GF in youth hockey, in a group that included O'Connell, Panzer, Spicer and Paul Murphy. Those players passed him up in high school. Andy was a different story.

The twin girls are two of the best players in the country for their age. They could really help the womens program gain some recognition if they stay in GF.

Jacques was either dropped from Bismarck or didn't dress the last half of the season.

Mario was one of the top 5 players in the state last year as a 10th grader, but so was Jacques when he was that age.

The twin girls are two of the best players in the country for their age. They could really help the womens program gain some recognition if they stay in GF.

Jacques only dressed half the games.

Mario is going into 10th grade.

I heard the girls are wanted on the Womens Olympic team in a couple years is that true?

Jacques was either dropped from Bismarck or didn't dress the last half of the season. He did not contribute much when he did play. PJ is a D-man that fit into the NAHL pretty good. From what I saw he isn't even close to having the speed or skills for a D-1 prospect. Mario was one of the top 5 players in the state last year as a 10th grader, but so was Jacques when he was that age. Some players progress quickly then hit a wall, hopefully Mario continues to progress. They kind of remind me of the Schneiders, Toby was probably the best player in GF in youth hockey, in a group that included O'Connell, Panzer, Spicer and Paul Murphy. Those players passed him up in high school. Andy was a different story.

I agree that Mario is talented, and probably a D1 prospect with huge upside, but top 5 in the State? I beg to differ. Moreland, McIntyre and Marto from GF Central were better, Jeckort from Bismarck Century was better, Graalum from Fargo Shanley was better, and Brehmer and Mauch from Fargo South were better. Mario did not even make the all-state team. Interestingly, Paul Weisgarber (who is the same age but will be a junior at South) did. I may be biased, but I like Paul Weisgarber's game better than Mario. Mario is stronger and has a better shot, but Paul has a better overall game IMHO.

Mario has a better pysical game than Paul but Paul might be a little faster right now but I dont know what will happen in the future there if Mario just lifts like Jacques did and gets too bulky to be fast he could get worse. Jacques gained like 20-25 pounds last summer. Ive played against both Paul and Mario and Mario is a harder game to play against any day.

I agree that Mario is talented, and probably a D1 prospect with huge upside, but top 5 in the State? I beg to differ. Moreland, McIntyre and Marto from GF Central were better, Jeckort from Bismarck Century was better, Graalum from Fargo Shanley was better, and Brehmer and Mauch from Fargo South were better. Mario did not even make the all-state team. Interestingly, Paul Weisgarber (who is the same age but will be a junior at South) did. I may be biased, but I like Paul Weisgarber's game better than Mario. Mario is stronger and has a better shot, but Paul has a better overall game IMHO.

I would put him in the top 5 players in the state, as far as college potential. Mauch, Brehmer and Jechort are pretty unlikely to play D-1 hockey, they are a step slow imho. From what I saw last year Graalum was the most skilled player in the state. I could see him playing if he works at it. Weisgarber is a crap shoot, he needs to bulk up. He reminds me of Cory McLean from North who is at Notre Dame. IMO Marto may be the best D-1 prospect in ND, I'd be surprised to see him back in GF next year.

What is Graalum doing next season? I heard rumors about him making a USHL team in Iowa, Cedar Rapids or Waterloo I think.

I would put him in the top 5 players in the state, as far as college potential. Mauch, Brehmer and Jechort are pretty unlikely to play D-1 hockey, they are a step slow imho. From what I saw last year Graalum was the most skilled player in the state. I could see him playing if he works at it. Weisgarber is a crap shoot, he needs to bulk up. He reminds me of Cory McLean from North who is at Notre Dame. IMO Marto may be the best D-1 prospect in ND, I'd be surprised to see him back in GF next year.

What is Graalum doing next season? I heard rumors about him making a USHL team in Iowa, Cedar Rapids or Waterloo I think.

Jason, I'm not sure about Kyle Graalum. I will find out and let you know. With the qualification based upon potential, I agree with your assessment. :D

I had the opportunity to watch Jechort play a couple of times this season and I think he's got what it takes to play DI hockey. He may have to get a little bit bigger, but he's a great skater, and a natural goal scorer. Give him two years in the USHL and I'm willing to bet he'll make it. :D

Can you imagine the pick up games these guys could have against the other neighborhood kids. Yikes. This family is almost at the legendary status as far as their atheletic prowess goes. And wasn't there dad like a stud goalie during the 1970's?

I know that the bobcats are in Bismarck, but aren't they (bobcats) quite a big step below USHL caliber competition?

I wouldn't call it a huge step. A lot of players have gone from the AWHL directly to college hockey. I think its a league that is probably better suited for players that haven't graduated from high school and are a little bit younger (i.e. Layne Sedevie, P.J/Jacque Lamoureax). In Layne's case he played his senior year of high school in the AWHL, moved to the USHL, and had a scholarship at UND until they yanked it when he got injured. :D