SiouxSports.com Forum

The other Lamoureux's

spfreak

The twin girls are two of the best players in the country for their age. They could really help the womens program gain some recognition if they stay in GF.

At this point, it looks like they won't be staying in Grand Forks... at least for now. Monique and Jocelyn will be enrolled at SSM this fall.

At this point, it looks like they won't be staying in Grand Forks... at least for now. Monique and Jocelyn will be enrolled at SSM this fall.

Interesting. The question then is, will they play for the boys or girls team? Both were invited to the boys selects last year. However they are about at that age where the guys should start pulling ahead of them. I hope they both have scholorships, I believe SSM is about $25K a year.

I've never seen Mario play so I don't know about him. But I saw the other two play quite a few times last year for the Bismarck team. They both have a ways to go. But they were the two youngest players on the team by far. They were the only two players with '86 & '87 birth years. All the other players on the team were '83s, '84s & '85s.

Yes, that was interesting.  He was too hurt to play at UND but well enough to play at Bemidji.  But hey, the Sioux needed to free up an extra goalie spot for J Parise.  Who is the odd man out this year?  I heard it may be Ziegleman.

Hey Troll, I doubt Parise is going to be the next out, one reason being he was our best goal tender at the end of the season. I suppose your one of those people tha assume that JP is only here because of his younger brother. Blah, blah, blah... Sure Layne played ok at BSU, however, BSU in in the CHA with isn't half as good as the WCHA. Most CHA teams aren't even as good as UAA or MTU.

Ziegelman is leaving in order to get more playing time. He came here because his dream was to wear the green but he realizes that for the forseeable future he is the 3rd or 4th option on the goaltenders chart.

Have you heard exactly where he may be heading? I've heard rumors of Alaska or Colorado?? :)

Mario may be the youngest player in the ushl this year. do you have to be 16 to be in the league? it looks like mario already is. and does any one know when u have to be 16 by?

I'm not 100% sure, but think you have to be 16 by Dec 31 of the year you're playing. So a kid could actually be 15 when they come into the league.