SiouxSports.com Forum

Matt Moreland

alum05

Very interesting catch. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm sure someone will be able to help with this one. If it's true, then congrats to Matt and please work extra hard next year to get ready.

Matt and Drew are both trying to walk on this year, good luck to both. I would like to see Mcintyre try as well, but he may get an offer from UND to come here in another year. Those three would make a pretty good line together.

I don't know if Matt will make the team directly out of high school, but if he does more power to him. Sando is a pretty good player who should have no problem making the team with the junior experience that he has. Either way, go Nodak boys!!! :D

Does he plan on playing hockey/walking on?? :D

This is a good question. Unless Erik did sign professionally with that German league and Blais has decided not to bring back some players, having Sando and Moreland walk on would mean one or both of them would not get much, if any, ice time. Since Matt, as good as he is, isn't listed as a highly touted draft pick, that means that he'd most likely stay all four years. This means he'd basically throw away one year of his eligibility. Unless he comes in and redshirts, I'd tell him to stay in Sioux Falls.

• 4 weeks later...

Moreland has shown up on Heisenberg's list of 2005 recruits:

Matt Moreland-C (6/8/04) Sioux Falls (USHL) 6' 165 1-13-86

Chris Vandevelde-RW (6/8/04) Moorhead 6'2 180 -87

Brad Miller-LW (3/12/04) Green Bay (USHL) 5'10 170 1-31-86

T.J. Oshie-LC (2/5/04) Warroad 5'10 165 12-23-86

Brian Lee-RD (2/3/04) Moorhead 6'2 180 3-27-87 2003 USA U-17 team

Ryan Duncan-RW (12/18/03) Salmon Arm (BCHL) 5'6 155 7-14-85

Taylor Chorney-LD (10/23/03) Shattuck St.Marys 5'10 160 4-27-87 2003 USA U-17 team

Luke Beaverson-LD (1/3/03) Green Bay (USHL) 6'3 201 12-11-84 57-1-6-7-141 || 44-2-3-5-69

6' and 165?

May I recommend the steak dinner, the protein shake, two-liters of water, and a two-hour session with an iron pile?

Repeat daily until at least 185.

I'd recommend the same regime for Messrs. Oshie, Chorney and Miller.

And plenty of hours on the bikes for everybody. ;):(

I'd recommend the same regime for Messrs. Oshie, Chorney and Miller.

And plenty of hours on the bikes for everybody. ;):(

You've convinced me.

A steady round of that regimine, including the bike, for all of them! ;)

PS - GF is an nasty town to ride the bike in. You never get to coast (rest) because there's never a downhill.