SiouxSports.com Forum

Calgary's Commodore

Supertrex

Is it me, or did Commie look a little out of step yesterday. Not just on the blown play around the net, but really the whole game. It seemed like he just out of sorts like he had the flu or something. He sat the last part of the 2nd and the entire 3rd period. In the OT, he took the puck well into the Shark's zone, only to lose it and get caught way out of position - San Jose nearly scored on that play. I hope he comes back with a better game tomorrow night...everyone has their days.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calgary has been fun to watch in the playoffs! I especially liked the third period of game 7 versus Detroit when Commie leveled Hatcher and stood over him! sweeeeet.... :D

I think Calgary is proving to teams like Detroit and the Avalanche the saying is true... "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard".

Commodore took quite a hit last night...it was a credit to him that he played out to the whistle. I hope he's ok. He didn't play much after that. They showed a shot of him on the bench midway thru the third and his whole face was swollen and his nose appeared to be broken - I became concerned that his facial bones are also fractured - he looked terrible. There was no penalty on Marleau (sp) but it sure was close to boarding. Especially since Commie had lost his balance and was falling down immediately before the hit...

The hit was not only directly from behind, Marleau finished it with an elbow to the back of the head that put Commie's face into the glass. Nose certainly looked broken when he was out again in the 3rd. Very cheap shot, would be nice to get revenge, but Marleau will never drop the gloves. Weanie.

The hit was not only directly from behind, Marleau finished it with an elbow to the back of the head that put Commie's face into the glass. Nose certainly looked broken when he was out again in the 3rd. Very cheap shot, would be nice to get revenge, but Marleau will never drop the gloves. Weanie.

The NHL has got to start calling checking from behind. It is seldom called, and when it is called, it is a 2 minute boarding penalty. I see at least 2 every game. In fact, Commodore had a pretty bad one on Maltby in the Flames-Red Wings series.

I would like to see the NHL adopt the college rule and make it a major with a game DQ.

Sami Kapanen is unquestionably the toughest kid in the playoffs. A career forward he has played defense against both Toronto and Tampa Bay. He went up against Toronto's biggest, toughest forwards and took everything they had to offer. In Game 6 against Toronto he takes a hit which would have ended the playoff run for many players yet he comes back to shine against Tampa Bay.

One tough, tough mofo.

Sami Kapanen is unquestionably the toughest kid in the playoffs.      A career forward  he has played defense  against both Toronto and Tampa Bay.  He went up against Toronto's biggest, toughest forwards and took everything they had to offer.  In Game 6 against Toronto he takes a hit which would have ended the playoff run for many players yet he comes back to shine against Tampa Bay.

One tough, tough mofo.

oh, come on. I've played with a concussion just like the rest of them. I saw that dazzling hit and Kapanen's skulking crawl back into box.

"rub a little dirt on it and get back in the game" ???:D

flyers/flames in 04'

The announcers commented on what a good game Commie had last night (although in a losing effort, I doubt that he would see it that way), even tho he didn't get alot of ice time. He did look sharper and more energized. I go back to my original comment - he must have been under the weather...

Just making sure you guys saw this.........

'The Doors' making noise for Flames

The Doors is the nickname hung on defencemen Mike Commodore and Steve Montador, who started the NHL playoffs in the press box but have stepped in to help light the fire in the Calgary Flames playoff run.

``It's been a hell of an experience,'' Commodore said Monday as the Flames prepared for the pivotal Game 5 of their Western Conference final against the San Jose Sharks.

``Rewarding, I think, would be the right word. Obviously it was unexpected.''

Question: IF YOU WEREN'T A HOCKEY PLAYER, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING?

Mike Commodore: I'd probably still be in college, enjoying the college life and taking about three credits a semester.

Did Commy just say he'd be on "The Diggler Plan"? :D