SiouxSports.com Forum

Victory Sports TANKED!

SiouxMeNow

Not a (real) hockey subject but one close to our hearts....with Victory Sports pulling the plug and handing the torch to FSN...what happens to our own beloved Katie O'Keefe??? She of the tight leather pants and high heels who so entertained us at Sioux Hockey games??? Hopefully that law degree is still in the picture....she's hot - NO DOUBT - but as a sports expert she left a lot to be desired! Her most insightful question ever was..."so how long have you been playing hockey???" Don't misunderstand me! not cracking on Katie but comparing her to Marnie Gellner (a former WDAZ alum who's doing quite well) - knowlege of the sport you're working is a definate asset on the job....anyone know if she survived the twins "transition" to Fox Sports?

no...she was basically a bleacher bunny for Victory...go up the steps...conduct some inane interview with the 4th cousin of Tori Hunter, etc...I've heard a lot criticism for her lack of "content" and general sports knowlege from the "very limited" viewers of Victory during the "can't see the twins period" for local sports fans...Katies nice but you need to know the subject you're talking about...not just look good on camera. Again - i refer you to the Marnie Gellner example....

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforksherald/8618398.htm

Victory's failure to get the cable co's to add the channel, along with the bill in the legislature for the new stadium, forced them to pull the plug. Very happy they are done, it sucked not being able to watch the west regional this spring. FSN has bought the Twin's telecasts for the next 8 years, so one could assume they'll get college hockey back also.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforksherald/8618398.htm

Victory's failure to get the cable co's to add the channel, along with the bill in the legislature for the new stadium, forced them to pull the plug. Very happy they are done, it sucked not being able to watch the west regional this spring. FSN has bought the Twin's telecasts for the next 8 years, so one could assume they'll get college hockey back also.

The sad part was that all the two sides were talking about was $2.00-$3.00 more a month to add the channel, I told Midco I would have paid it. Now we won't go through this for 8 years at least.

Marnie G is very good at her job as are female sportscasters, Linda Cohn, Robin Roberts and others.

However, the whole Monday Night Football shtick to have a pretty lady ask questions on the sidelines has lead to the inane questions presented by other pretty ladies in the stands at hockey games. Now I like looking at beautiful women as much as the next guy (unless the next guy doesn't like women for reasons that are his own) but I think the games will go on just fine without this fluff between periods or in football between plays.

shep

I am glad that I can see the Twins now, but if I had my choice I would have rather seen Victory picked up by satellite and cable providers. Victory had plans to show SCSU and MSU-Mankato football and hockey games, which would have given us a few more opportunities to see the Sioux on TV. They also had plans to air classic Twins games during the offseason. That would have been so much better than 20 hours a day of Beyond The Glory, You Gotta See This, and The Best Damn Sports Show.

Victory was showing Classic Twins games, but it was the same ones

65 World Series

87 ALCS & World Series

91 ALCS & World Series

Hopefully FSN picks up more hockey games besides the loser Goofers

Victory Tanked? Maybe so, but Carl's crying all the way to his bank.

Sure it would've worked out better for him if they would've come to a deal--and he did spend around 10 million to start up/run Victory--but it was a win-win. He got FSN to double the amount it was paying for Twins from 6 mill to 12 mill per season for 8 seasons.

Who's to say what they would've paid absent Victory's existence, but love him or hate him, you can see how Carl made his millions--he just increased his profit margin by a cool, gross of $ 48 million---BY FAILING.

Victory Tanked? Maybe so, but Carl's crying all the way to his bank.

Sure it would've worked out better for him if they would've come to a deal--and he did spend around 10 million to start up/run Victory--but it was a win-win. He got FSN to double the amount it was paying for Twins from 6 mill to 12 mill per season for 8 seasons.

Who's to say what they would've paid absent Victory's existence, but love him or hate him, you can see how Carl made his millions--he just increased his profit margin by a cool, gross of $ 48 million---BY FAILING.

Ditto....

I basically put the same thoughts out on POI earlier in the week....

Carl wins by everyone else losing even when it is himself...and the rich get richer!

WPoS

Yeah he makes the money from the Twins but when will he spend it?

By some accounts, he has more money than Steinbrenner but refuses to put it into his team.

When people were taking sides on this issue, I cautioned that to cheer for Pohlad is to cheer for Old Man Potter in Its a Wonderful Life.

shep

I am glad that I can see the Twins now, but if I had my choice I would have rather seen Victory picked up by satellite and cable providers. Victory had plans to show SCSU and MSU-Mankato football and hockey games, which would have given us a few more opportunities to see the Sioux on TV. They also had plans to air classic Twins games during the offseason. That would have been so much better than 20 hours a day of Beyond The Glory, You Gotta See This, and The Best Damn Sports Show.

in Today's Star Tribune

Victory's deals with St. Cloud State and Minnesota State, Mankato, to air a variety of sports, including men's hockey, were only for one year. FSN won't pick up any of those games

bummer

r77, either that was a bad joke and you missed the wink button or you've never been to a game at home in the last three years ???:D

ss, clean it up. you're drool i mean. anyway, for the rest of you 'soul' seekers, katie's taken. and that #25 is a big guy so watch yourself