SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four

CPBronco

I live in Orange County California. About five years ago they held the Frozen Four at the Pond in Anaheim. I went and it was very exciting. I hope to go again when/if it comes back to Southern California again. Are there plans to hold the Frozen Four in California again?

I realize it may suck and is expensive for fans of college hockey teams to come all the way to CA. But for fans of hockey it's great to see an event like the Frozen Four in your back year.

You should join the long list of FF followers who apply for tickets and go, no matter where it is held.

2005 - Columbus, Ohio

2006 - Milwaukee

2007 - St Louis

2008 - Denver

No thanks I got better things to spend my money on than traveling to other cities than the Frozen Four. But thanks for telling me what to do.

I feel like I lost a few IQ points after reading this thread. I wish I could get that minute back. I can't believe Cali would be having so many problems with people like you there. ;)

Somebody like you who doesn't have many IQ points to lose should be really worried.

Nice to see North Dakota is filled with stupid, idiot, racists people.

I think all sprig was trying to say is that if you say that it's a great thing for fans of hockey to have the frozen four in their own backyard then you seem to be a pretty big fan. Big hockey fans usually follow the frozen four no matter where it is and even if their team isn't in it. It wasn't meant to be a personal attack but you took it that way. It seems to me California is full of stupid, idiot people too, and I don't know where your racist comment came from, since from careful review of this thread and its responses I saw no evidence of a racist statement in the whole thread. You asked about future frozen four sites. You got a factual response. You just chose to blow a simple suggestion made towards an assumed big hockey fan (you) way out of proportion. Settle down, you're among friends here - IF you're a Sioux fan. If not, then watch your back. ;)

Somebody like you who doesn't have many IQ points to lose should be really worried.

Racist? :D Show me the part of Fedorov's post that was racist. I think your state has bigger problems with that than lil' ole' North Dakota.

Dude, all sprig tried to do was make a suggestion that he thought you may want to take...considereing you had a lot of fun at the Frozen Four in Cali. He didn't say you had to do it. People have a great time doing it...why be so hostile to someone trying to help out? :sad:;)

We're all friends here...well, except for WPoS, he's a Goopher fan ;);)

Calling someone a racist is the #1 theme out here. ND people shouldn't take offense to this. Parents seem to hammer this point into kids heads, so that they have a defense mechanism or something.

FYI: Racism is truly a major problem out here. Kids of different colors won't even talk. This would be different from what I've noticed in ND.

As for the FF being held in Cali. Won't happen again. I'd like to hear others' opinions that went there, but from what I heard it was one of the worst in a long time. Long trip, not as many fans, and expensive were some things I've heard.

Something smells funny about him. Can somebody say Troll?? And no, I'm not refering to somebody who resides in the lower peninsula of Michigan. :sad:

Besides, whats so great about Cali besides the weather??? Smog? Gas Prices? Crime? That little bitty threat of anytime the "Big One" hitting and somebody has got themselves some dirt cheap ocean front property in Arizona??

I think all sprig was trying to say is that if you say that it's a great thing for fans of hockey to have the frozen four in their own backyard then you seem to be a pretty big fan. Big hockey fans usually follow the frozen four no matter where it is and even if their team isn't in it. It wasn't meant to be a personal attack but you took it that way. It seems to me California is full of stupid, idiot people too, and I don't know where your racist comment came from, since from careful review of this thread and its responses I saw no evidence of a racist statement in the whole thread. You asked about future frozen four sites. You got a factual response. You just chose to blow a simple suggestion made towards an assumed big hockey fan (you) way out of proportion. Settle down, you're among friends here - IF you're a Sioux fan. If not, then watch your back. ;)

First of all there is something called sarcasm. The part about Thanks for telling me what to do, is called sarcasm. I just noticed I didn't put a smiley face after the post which would have probably helped.

As for the racist comment, the nickname of your school is racist. The jerk who built the hockey arena is a racist. If it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it's a duck.

troll,

1. you've verified your question,

2. you've proven your not a sioux fan

3. hell, i'd question if your a hockey fan (that's cuz you're probably from San Jose, where the barn is empty and the sugar daddy can only last so long). The run the sharks are making this year will do little more than try and start what the "Great West" conference tried to do in 86.

4. if it looks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it may very well be Howard the Duck

5. strap on your in-lines and gopher a spin

Sarcasm is great, thanks for playing ;)

this thread is done. :D

go away :sad:

I didn't like the idea of holding the Frozen Four in California in the first place. Without one single D-1 hockey school in the state, they shouldn't of had it there.

Besides, isn't that state due to fall into the pacific? As for the troll...he's toast soon.

Dear CPBronco,

Thank you for your opinion. I, personally, will take it under advisement. However, I will take further notice of this opinion:

"Asked if high school and college teams should stop using Indian nicknames, 81% of Native American respondents said no."

Source: Peter Harris Research Group, Inc., as reported in Sports Illustrated, March 4, 2002, page 69.

Methodology: The pollsters interviewed 351 Native Americans (217 living on reservations, 134 living off). The responses were weighted according to US census figures for age, race, gender, and the distribution of Native Americans living on and off reservations.

Margin of error: Plus or minus 4 percent.

• 2 weeks later...

BUUURRRNNNN!!! :D

One thing we require here CPBronco...back your statements up with facts. Even Gopher fans do this...most of the time. :angry:;)

What facts? You bring ONE survey. ONE survey that interviews 351 Native Americans. Yeah that's a survey I would trust. Just like if I asked 351 KKK members if they thought Hitler was a good guy.

Get real. There are tons and tons of protests by Native American groups. But when you're a racist idiot like Ralphy and the rest of you idiots you just blow them off.

There are tons and tons of protests by Native American groups.

I can understand why somone who thinks protests can be measured by the ton would reject a scientific survey conducted by a credible polling organization.

What facts? You bring ONE survey. ONE survey that interviews 351 Native Americans.

Yes, one survey.

One survey done by scientific methodology by a nationally respected leader in their field, Peter Harris Research Group.

One survey done using scientifically accepted methods for gathering data, namely, the "pollsters interviewed 351 Native Americans (217 living on reservations, 134 living off). The responses were weighted according to US census figures for age, race, gender, and the distribution of Native Americans living on and off reservations."

This wasn't a survey about Shriners done at a Shrine Circus.

This was the most scientific survey on the subject ever done.

It's your choice:

- Mock the research.

- Mock Native Americans for their answer.

- Take Native Americans at their word as evidenced by the scientific data.

What facts?  You bring ONE survey.  ONE survey that interviews 351 Native Americans.  Yeah that's a survey I would trust.  Just like if I asked 351 KKK members if they thought Hitler was a good guy. 

Get real.  There are tons and tons of protests by Native American groups.  But when you're a racist idiot like Ralphy and the rest of you idiots you just blow them off.

Yeah, those two situations are oh so similar. With the KKK you know you're getting a biased answer. This was a random sampling of native americans...they weren't hand-picked.

So, you see first hand what happens up here from California?