SiouxSports.com Forum

Time to renew your season tickets

choyt3

This covers more than hockey, but I'm posting it here anyway. Link to today's Herald article.

Some interesting points:

For men's hockey, the prices for single-game tickets range from a low of $21 for the Dec. 19 exhibition game against the USA World Junior team to a high of $28 for each game of the series with Minnesota on Oct. 22-23. In most cases, single-game tickets cost $1 more for a Saturday game than the opening game of the series.
$18 for football (except $20 for the Minnesota Duluth game)

Jeez, what happened to the days when the prices were the same for ALL games?

UND students purchasing season tickets for men's hockey next season will pay $75, up $25 from this year. Students get in free at all other UND sporting events.

Commence !@$! hitting the fan.

I think it is up about $10 actually. I think we paid $65 last year. Myabe I'm wrong though. More money for less games though? WTF? This is the greatest injustice in the history of the world!!!!!! :D;):silly:

Any student who complains about having to pay $75 for tickets is a knob. Sure I'd rather get free tickets, but oh well.

I think it is up about $10 actually. I think we paid $65 last year. Myabe I'm wrong though. More money for less games though? WTF? This is the greatest injustice in the history of the world!!!!!! ;):silly::D

Any student who complains about having to pay $75 for tickets is a knob. Sure I'd rather get free tickets, but oh well.

I thought we paid $60 last year. There wasn't a $5 shipping charge since we got them directly at the REA. I can't believe it is $75 for the season. Screw that. I'm going to go to three games instead and have a cup holder. :D

S**t hitting the fan? Cup holder?

$3.41 per game per seat? I could go back to UND for a two credit class, pay the activities fee and blow what I pay out of the water.

I can't believe it's that big of a deal for students to spend either $3.50 a game or the $8.00 it costs for walk up. Hey, season ticket holders will pay more for tickets this year per seat per game as well. Five less games and the prices are going up. Some are whining but not me.

It all comes down to priorities. Maybe the hockey games aren't a priority for some? That's ok; I understand that we have doubled the seating capacity from years back so student presence, sustainability, and marketing are all different. But when I grew up, I made it a priority to save money to go to the games, whether they were in the GA, student or reserved seating areas.

Not a diehard hockey fan and want to attend a game? Why should it be a students right to attend any athletic event for free? Other activities of the University cost money and students seek other forms of entertainment that they prioritize. Remember that your tuition subsidizes your education, not athletics.

I want students to be there. They contribute a great deal. Yes, the economic truth that has become the reality of the REA is sometimes hard to swallow. It feels sometimes that RE left us a great tradition, but a bill to go along with it. This issue will come up again when the bill goes up associated with the

CVL, you missed both Federov's and my sarcasm. We don't mind paying for tickets. Heck compared to what Minnesota students pay, we get a steal. It's no big deal to have to pay for tickets, especially when I'll get tpo sit exactly where I want to.

OK, dumb question:

I have two season tickets, I will only have to pay the FSC $110 once right? :D

Yes, you're correct. All seasons are now century club level and have a $110 membership fee. That is once per year.

From now on though if you want four seats together (assuming that will ever happen) you'll have to join the coaches club @ $1000. You will not be able to get four seats together at the century club level (ergo. no $220 membership fees*)

*there is one exception

CVL, you missed both Federov's and my sarcasm. We don't mind paying for tickets. Heck compared to what Minnesota students pay, we get a steal. It's no big deal to have to pay for tickets, especially when I'll get tpo sit exactly where I want to.

no I didn't miss it.

I was just spouting on what CH had commented on. Maybe his 'hit the fan' comment was just an instigator?

by the way, how do you get an image inserted into a reply to a post? Do you have to list a url? or can you somehow copyclip the image into the text?

I was just spouting on what CH had commented on. Maybe his 'hit the fan' comment was just an instigator?

Not trying to instigate anything. I just have seen this situation before and have seen MANY students go off the deep end on here and elsewhere.

BTW, six year season ticket holder at Coach's Club level of FSC, so whether students pay $0 or $500, it has no bearing on me.

Not trying to instigate anything. I just have seen this situation before and have seen MANY students go off the deep end on here and elsewhere.

See, he wasn't trying to start anything with that comment. He was just saying students are stupid and complain about everything. Now aren't you glad that is cleared up? :D

Sounds like going back to school is the key. I took a class Sr. year called "Field Trip to Winnipeg". Great 2 credit course. We hopped in a car - drove to Winnipeg...walked around....went to a bar and downed some of the local brew (6.5% I might add) and came back. Took a short essay exam the following week and bang - 2 credits.

Might be worthwhile to sign up for that class again just to get the "student" rate on season tickets...

Why should it be a students right to attend any athletic event for free?

Because they have to pay that damn activity fee. Along with extra for the fitness center even if they never use it. Or if it wasn't even built. :D