SiouxSports.com Forum

DETROIT RED WINGS

GVSU Yooper

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DaveK,

Despite being a Red Wings fan, I believe you are 100% correct. Rocket Richard must be turning over in his grave knowing that only two Canadian hockey teams are still alive in the Stanley Cup playoffs while teams from San Jose and Tampa Bay are near-favorites or favorites to make the finals. I used to cheer against Canadian teams, now I find myself pulling for them. A Detroit/Toronto or Detroit/Montreal cup finals would draw a monster share of the Canadian TV market. We'll see if it happens.

DaveK,

Despite being a Red Wings fan, I believe you are 100% correct. Rocket Richard must be turning over in his grave knowing that only two Canadian hockey teams are still alive in the Stanley Cup playoffs while teams from San Jose and Tampa Bay are near-favorites or favorites to make the finals. I used to cheer against Canadian teams, now I find myself pulling for them. A Detroit/Toronto or Detroit/Montreal cup finals would draw a monster share of the Canadian TV market. We'll see if it happens.

Last I checked, there were three: Toronto, Montreal, and Calgary ;)

I think MafiaMan is saving everyone's time by stating the Flames are done since they are playing the Red Wings. :sad:

Didn't the Red Wings fans say that about Anaheim last year? And Colorado and Vancouver fans say that about Minnesota?

Besides, the Flames have Commie...no one can handle the 'fro ;)

Iginla has a 12 point series. :D

Goon,

Uh oh. Looks like some changes in Beantown after tonite's performance. Personally, I think Boston should send Martin LaPointe back where he belongs...in a Red Wing uniform! GO RED WINGS!

I think I would give you Martin back but unforunately I am not the GM. To me Martin Lapoint is an overpaid third line forward and Boston should dump him as soon as they get the chance, along with Rob Zaumner (sp). Lapoint is making too much money and is basically taking up a roster spot that could be given to a more productive younger player. Just my HMO.

I'm cheering for Calgary... I hate Detroit, and the Flames have Yelle, who was my favorite player when he was with the Avs.

I'd gloat about Calgary beating the Wings... but it's 4-1 San Jose right now ( ;) ), so I'll keep my mouth shut. :sad:

Elizabeth

I hope you're wrong on those Eastern Conference picks. I would absolutely LOVE to see the Canadiens and Maple Leafs go at it... so much history involved with those teams. I think it would be great for the league.

MafiaMan won't be wrong. Philadelphia and Tampa are the best in the East. A match up of these two teams would be much better for the NHL than a Canadian series. I think this not because of the American market but because it would be better hockey. Both teams are playing very well.

MY BELOVED DETROIT RED WINGS WILL WIN THE STANLEY CUP THIS YEAR, HOPEFULLY OVER THE TORONTO MAPLELEAFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!!!!!!!!! GET YOUR RED ON, ITS PLAYOFF TIME AGAIN!!!!!!

AIN'T NO PLACE FOR A NERVOUS PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOT

MY BELOVED DETROIT RED WINGS WILL WIN THE STANLEY CUP THIS YEAR, HOPEFULLY OVER THE TORONTO MAPLELEAFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!!!!!!!!! GET YOUR RED ON, ITS PLAYOFF TIME AGAIN!!!!!!

AIN'T NO PLACE FOR A NERVOUS PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOT

Keep on smoking that pipe.

I am sorry but im not aware of what they illegedly ripped off. I dont care, I love my beloved Red Wings!!!!!!

I will say "Get your red on, its playoff time again" that is an all original platinum smash hit by the living legend Mickey Redmond!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

War to my humor, War Pistons, Red Wings, Tigers, Lions, and yes guys, Sioux Hockey!!!, and just thought id add this......... TIMBERWOLVES SUCK!!!!!!!!

OOT

I am sorry but im not aware of what they illegedly ripped off. I dont care, I love my beloved Red Wings!!!!!!

I will say "Get your red on, its playoff time again" that is an all original platinum smash hit by the living legend Mickey Redmond!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

War to my humor, War Pistons, Red Wings, Tigers, Lions, and yes guys, Sioux Hockey!!!, and just thought id add this......... TIMBERWOLVES SUCK!!!!!!!!

OOT

The REd Wings are as far as I go for Detroit. The rest sucks. Basketball sucks entirely (but that still won't stop cheering every time the Lakers lose).

For me, go to Green Bay for Football and Chicago (North Side I think) for baseball (GO CUBBIES!)

I am sorry but im not aware of what they illegedly ripped off.  I dont care, I love my beloved Red Wings!!!!!!

I will say "Get your red on, its playoff time again"  that is an all original platinum smash hit by the living legend Mickey Redmond!!!!!  LOL!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

War to my humor,  War Pistons, Red Wings, Tigers, Lions, and yes guys, Sioux Hockey!!!, and just thought id add this......... TIMBERWOLVES SUCK!!!!!!!!

OOT

Can't you follow the university of Michigan? ;):sad:

OOT

Even thought basketbal is the worst sport. I'd like to add that your pistons will never win it all and the Timberwolves will this year

Yooper, You haven't seen these boys riled up yet. Would take something on the order of a game between Minnesota(hockey) or NDSU(football) to get these boy's noses really out of joint and all worked up into a later. :D;)

Relax Siouxland, GVFootball is sending out the men in the clean white coats to put the Yooper into a nice white jacket with leather straps and make sure he takes his meds. ;):sad:;)

Philly over San Jose in 6. SJ will beat Det in 6, and Philly will beat TB in 6. Wow thats 666,...Yikes... SJ IS the best in the west (Detroit included), and Philly finally seems to have goaltending and scoring. Plus Jeremy Roenick is gonna finally win a Cup, he's the man. Robert Esche has been great, and even if he isn't, they have Sean Burke too!! I'm not a Flyers fan , mind you, but that's what I think.

Yeah with the playoffs intensifying with tonight's HUGE game 3 in Calgary between the Wings & Flames, i will not be able to be on the computer due to cold beer being in one hand and a pasty in the other!

RACK ME, IM OUT!

OOT

Yeah with the playoffs intensifying with tonight's HUGE game 3 in Calgary between the Wings & Flames, i will not be able to be on the computer due to cold beer being in one hand and a pasty in the other!

RACK ME, IM OUT!

OOT