SiouxSports.com Forum

hobey hat trick

YaneA

Parise and Lessard probably split the Western vote, but I'm sure Parise got a lot more votes from the East due mostly to the WJC.

Parise wins.

I would have to agree with Zach winning the award with Junior getting second.

Going by the criteria given in the Herald, I'd guess Parise has a better shot than I originally thought.

"The winner will be chosen by a selection committee consisting of print and electronic media, NHL scouts, supervising officials, college coaches and a representative of USA Hockey. Voters are spread evenly across the country and are appointed to three-year terms."

How could anyone who sees these photos at USCHO not vote for Zach? ;)

hobeyhattrick.jpg

All kidding aside, it's an accurate view of the situation. Two players who are virtual unknowns outside their respective conferences, and one clean-cut, All-American Golden Boy who won a gold medal for the United States.

That's why he'll win.

All kidding aside, it's an accurate view of the situation. Two players who are virtual unknowns outside their respective conferences, and one clean-cut, All-American Golden Boy who won a gold medal for the United States.

That's why he'll win.

I hope that you are right. We need something to lift our spirits after the tough loss to Denver. I assume that you will be satisfied as long as the Dogs win the championship? ;)

I sincerely hope that UMD wins it all! Go Dogs!

The Hobey Baker is for College Hockey is it not? What Zach did at the WJC should not even be considered in the voting, granted it may be hard not to consider it. If it did make a difference in College Hockey's MVP, then shouldn't Al Montoya of MIchigan beaten out Danis?

I hope Zach wins, but the numbers in college hockey favor Lessard.

Quote from HobeyBaker.com

"Since its inception, the award has become recognized as college hockey's premier individual honor."

Besides, remember where the Hobey is homed............Mn.

;)

It's impossible to overlook what he did at the WJC. Plus, look at the people that vote from the quote above: NHL scouts and a representative from USA hockey. Hmm, wonder who they will vote for.

I don't even see how this will be close, which is sad since Lessard was the WCHA POTY, but no one outside the WCHA will take that into account. That's ok with me - Parise is also deserving, and my team is still playing, so all is good. ;) I'll golf clap at the ceremony next Friday. :p

If the Hobey Baker award is for the best player in college hockey, then Parise should win it. If it's about politics, etc. then the goalie from Brown will win it, even tho from what all of us have seen of him, he's a sieve and they could have used him for one of the intermission goal scoring contests - at times I doubted whether he could have stopped one of those radio controlled monster trucks...

We all love Junior Lessard and if he does win, I'll be able to take it. But Parise was still the best player in all of college hockey this year - IMHO... :sad:

Congrats Junior.

But what does a Sioux player have to do in order to win this award? I admit I'm biased, but in watching both Zach and Junior play many times this season, Zach was the better player, hands down. And his team was 5-0 against Junior's this year. Zach had all the intagibles too: name recognition, WJ MVP, WJ gold medal. I'm beginning to believe that the only way another Sioux player will win this award is by again setting the single season record for points. I'm not really angry or disappointed as much as I am amazed by the outcome.

Congrats Junior.

But what does a Sioux player have to do in order to win this award? I admit I'm biased, but in watching both Zach and Junior play many times this season, Zach was the better player, hands down. And his team was 5-0 against Junior's this year. Zach had all the intagibles too: name recognition, WJ MVP, WJ gold medal. I'm beginning to believe that the only way another Sioux player will win this award is by again setting the single season record for points. I'm not really angry or disappointed as much as I am amazed by the outcome.

True that. :sad: