SiouxSports.com Forum

Did Parise Play Tonight?

beersong

Parise was at the game (watched first period from the halo with Rafalski and Friesen).

from today's Post:

"...Zach Parise, the Devils' June first-rounder signed Monday, said he might not have turned pro if his University of North Dakota had not been upset in NCAA tourney Saturday. "If we'd still been playing, there would have been two weeks left in the [collegiate] season, and the [stanley Cup] playoffs would have started. It kind of worked out for the best," the 19-year-old center said. He said he expected to move into team hotel today and may begin practice with the Devils tomorrow ..."

Star Ledger:

http://www.nj.com/devils/ledger/index.ssf?...07183877390.xml

-melissa

Well, with comments like that he obviously was looking ahead. I think we will be more of a TEAM next year.

You can't say that he was looking ahead with comments like that!?? I think that's unfair to him.

bottom line, they lost out.......and he made a decision after that!

If they would have won, who knows!

Ouch. ;)

I wouldn't read to much into his statement. His comment about the 1980 Olympic comparison was way overblown, don't let this go that direction.

He realizes that his NHL career may not have started this year had UND advanced, so he is making the best of what had to be a heartbreaking loss.

He is only nineteen and doesn't think about all the ways his words will be interpreted.

I saw the fight, if it can be called a fight, between Garth Murray and David Hale. Didn't last more than about 5 seconds. Couple punches thrown. No damage done.

I'm sure some around here, though, would have Murray and Hale suspended for half the season for such disgraceful actions. It could have ruined the game, the league and the sport. We're lucky that it survived.

from Hockeyfights.com

03/30/2004 New York Rangers Garth Murray New Jersey Devils David Hale 2 pd 02:06

Comments: Camera gets there late. Murray comes up high on Hale some time after he gets rid of the puck. They talk a bit, then drop em. Both throw about three, not much landing. Murray tackles Hale hard to the ice at the end.

I think Parise meant if UND was not upset the Devils would not want him this year as the playoffs already started -he still would have gone in the fall.

NDFlyer - does the Discovery Jr. High computer lab supervisor know your spending class time posting messages here?

I think ZPar's comments were his way of finding a silver lining...plus, if you've ever been quoted, you know your words are usually a bit out of context. We don't know the question asked. It could have been phrase like this: "Geez, getting picked up by the Devils, while not making it any better, has got to take some of the sting out of the Denver loss and give you another chance to play this Spring" to which Parise answers "If we'd still been playing, there would have been two weeks left in the [collegiate] season, and the [stanley Cup] playoffs would have started. It kind of worked out for the best" ...

So unless you were there, it's hard to read anything into a conversation (even tho I just did in this scenario)....

jloos,

I am 43 years old and in the unlikely event that you would notice, I do NOT have as an avatar a cartoon pic.

Do you disagree with my assessment of the fight? Unlike the majority of the posters here I watched the game. I notice that you had to go to a website to discover who won or lost the fight.

Go back to watching women's hockey.

jloos,

I am 43 years old and in the unlikely event that you would notice, I do NOT have as an avatar a cartoon pic.

Do you disagree with my assessment of the fight? Unlike the majority of the posters here I watched the game. I notice that you had to go to a website to discover who won or lost the fight.

Go back to watching women's hockey.

It was obvious he was responding to your criticism of the posters here. Obviously not many people here have a sports pack or CI, so we have to rely on posted information regarding games not nationally televised. We appreciate your view of the fight, but not the paragraph after it.

I think Parise meant if UND was not upset the Devils would not want him this year as the playoffs already started -he still would have gone in the fall.

I think you are right about this. I think he decided after this year it was time to go, and since the year got over a little earlier he could get a bit earlier start to his pro career, possibly with a better financial package.

I think you are right about this. I think he decided after this year it was time to go, and since the year got over a little earlier he could get a bit earlier start to his pro career, possibly with a better financial package.

I think people are getting too worked up about Parise leaving.

Too bad he was murdered by his wife who was from Thief River Falls. Phil Hartmen that is. Not Lionel Hutz.

Saddly Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure both died with Phil Hartman. ;)

Mr. Simpson, this is the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since my suit against the film, "The Never-Ending Story".

Homer: So. Do you think I have a case?

Hutz: Homer, I don't use the word "hero" very often, but you are the greatest hero in American history.

Homer: Woo hoo!

Hutz: Now don't you worry, Mrs. Simpson, I - uh-oh. We've drawn Judge Snyder.

Marge: Is that bad?

Hutz: Well, he's kind of had it in for me, since I accidently ran over his dog. Actually, replace `accidently' with `repeatedly', and replace `dog' with `son'.

Hi I'm actor Troy McClure. You might remember me from such educational films as "Lead Paint: Delicious But Deadly," and "Here Comes the Metric System!"