SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to Stay in Omaha

Siouxperman8

Depends on what they want to do during the day.  Bars,shops, etc in the Old Market downtown.   Old market is a ~10-15 minute drive to the arena Or if they want to be near the game there are a few places in Aksarben Village and it's walking distance to the arena.

from my cousin the twitter traitor. 

Many, including those on Al's bus, stay at the Hilton.  They usually have pretty good deals going for the weekend.  And DJ's Dugout is just a couple of blocks up the road as well as are other watering places.  While the Hilton is a ways from the campus and game arena, it has a skywalk to the arena where UNO used to play so many UND fans tended to stay there.  So far that has continued.  I believe that the team stayed there as well, but don't know if they still do.  We would bump into Hakstol and players in the lobby.

I live in Omaha and would recommend staying at any of the hotels in Aksarben Village from a pure convenience standpoint. Hotels, bars, restaurants, the UND pregame party, and of course the arena are all within walking distance. My folks always come for the series and stay in Aksbaren now that the Mavs play at the Baxter instead of downtown at the Century Link and really like it because you don't have to drive at all once you get to town. There are more places to eat/drink downtown, but not as much of a hockey crowd/energy since UNO changed venues. Either way, Omaha is an easy place to get around and we have both Uber and Lyft as well. Happy to be the Omaha concierge for anyone who has general questions. I hope to see lots of green again this year! Safe travels.

1 hour ago, MuggsyGobes said:

I live in Omaha and would recommend staying at any of the hotels in Aksarben Village from a pure convenience standpoint. Hotels, bars, restaurants, the UND pregame party, and of course the arena are all within walking distance. My folks always come for the series and stay in Aksbaren now that the Mavs play at the Baxter instead of downtown at the Century Link and really like it because you don't have to drive at all once you get to town. There are more places to eat/drink downtown, but not as much of a hockey crowd/energy since UNO changed venues. Either way, Omaha is an easy place to get around and we have both Uber and Lyft as well. Happy to be the Omaha concierge for anyone who has general questions. I hope to see lots of green again this year! Safe travels.

thanks for the input.  much appreciated.