SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs NAU

geaux_sioux

UND needs to shut down the run.  Also have the edge on TO's. I say we get a couple TO's. And some sacks.  pressure will be like Kemp has never seen. 

I watch some of the Weber vs NAU game and they gave up a few deep balls.  Not sure we can get by their CB's but would love to see a couple shots to Mercer or Santiago.

It's November and Bubba has this team playing their best ball at the end of the year. 

UND wins.

2 hours ago, siouxfan512 said:

Agreed. somewhat of a catch 22 though. Awesome to be in that position, and get a bye, and be at home (most important part). A little nervous for having that much time off. Great for healing up, but I do worry about our offense reverting back to Stony Brook form. Hopefully, that won't be the case though. I still think the entire offensive success stems from the play of our offensive line. So maybe the extra rest will be good.

I agree with you on the worrying about having that much time off and being rusty.  A few weeks ago I was thinking perfect scenario would be to play a first round game at home against Western Illinois.  We'd get one week off due to our regular bye week, and then a home game that would be winnable (not that we couldn't lose) and get that first coveted playoff win to check off that box.  However if we end up 9th and end up having to go to SDSU or Montana in the first round that would totally blow.  So at this point I'm all for getting a bye and guaranteed home game.

The rust would be a bit of a concern for me but we'd have to deal with it.  I had the same thoughts of you and that we might come out and look like we did at Stony Brook after being off that long, and Studs would be off target etc..  However I think at the beginning of the year Studs just may not have had deep down trust in the OL and even when he wasn't hurried may have hurried some easy throws.  We've seen though that our team seems to go based upon how the OL plays.  Given that extra time to rest and get the OL to 100% full strength would be nice, Stanley would hopefully be back then as well and as a team we'd likely be almost 100% healthy other than Clive.  Rudy would have some time to maybe put in a new or special play as a wrinkle in the offense. 

The crowd needs to be loud and proud.  For the team, especially the seniors most are hold overs from muss.  They have bought in to Bubba ball many have changed positions and/or taking backseat.  Truly a top notch class in my mind and very much deserving our best effort as a crowd fan base.  Let's help them get a Big Sky title.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I agree with you on the worrying about having that much time off and being rusty.  A few weeks ago I was thinking perfect scenario would be to play a first round game at home against Western Illinois.  We'd get one week off due to our regular bye week, and then a home game that would be winnable (not that we couldn't lose) and get that first coveted playoff win to check off that box.  However if we end up 9th and end up having to go to SDSU or Montana in the first round that would totally blow.  So at this point I'm all for getting a bye and guaranteed home game.

The rust would be a bit of a concern for me but we'd have to deal with it.  I had the same thoughts of you and that we might come out and look like we did at Stony Brook after being off that long, and Studs would be off target etc..  However I think at the beginning of the year Studs just may not have had deep down trust in the OL and even when he wasn't hurried may have hurried some easy throws.  We've seen though that our team seems to go based upon how the OL plays.  Given that extra time to rest and get the OL to 100% full strength would be nice, Stanley would hopefully be back then as well and as a team we'd likely be almost 100% healthy other than Clive.  Rudy would have some time to maybe put in a new or special play as a wrinkle in the offense. 

I hear ya, hosting Western or San Diego wouldn't be too bad, but who wants to play SDSU or Montana in the first round. I guess it doesn't matter, the guys just need to keep playing Bubba ball, and get wins, against whomever.

• Upvote 2