SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs UAA

jimdahl

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! thanks for the updates Sioux Fan!

No problem.

Good for the Sioux--escaped without any injuries. R. Hale says they need to play more disciplined tomorrow. 29th win of the year. Blais a little annoyed at JPar's "Lone Ranger" style of hockey (in regards to his highsticking penalty) but satisfied overall with his performance. Doesn't think 2nd unit line of Lundbohm-Porter-Stafford played very well. Noticeably peeved at the team's lack of discipline; expects more from them at this point in the season.

No problem.

Good for the Sioux--escaped without any injuries. R. Hale says they need to play more disciplined tomorrow. 29th win of the year. Blais a little annoyed at JPar's "Lone Ranger" style of hockey (in regards to his highsticking penalty) but satisfied overall with his performance. Doesn't think 2nd unit line of Lundbohm-Porter-Stafford played very well. Noticeably peeved at the team's lack of discipline; expects more from them at this point in the season.

I think Blais is a little more than annoyed with JPar. He sounded rather pissed to me and only pointed out that JPar had a good game in the net after the announcer pointed it out to him. Blais' comment on JPar making some nice saves..."He's supposed to."

JPar made a handful of mental mistakes, which I think is what Dean is ticked about. Way in the corner, he high sticks a guy when there's 3 Sioux back to cover; he got away with another good slash in the crease; he iced the puck for us on a powerplay. Today we were better than the opponent by enough that it didn't matter, but tomorrow or next week ... To Jpar's credit, he did make some good saves. I hope Jake gets the nod Saturday tho.

Zach Brady and Bo looked like pros against the colleges out there ... geez for chances, basically every shift.

Overall, it felt lackluster the last 25 minutes, but it didn't bother me very much since we can use the extra energy tomorrow. We stopped forcing the offense after the 4th goal, which was a beauty.

Nice Fan turnout ... lotta green and white.

Well done Sioux! Now, finish it off tomorrow.

That happened right in front of 3 of us and we didn't see what Prpich did to him.

Wish I could see a replay because to us it didn't look like anything. I'm guessing it was something though...

We were really impressed that during the scrum after Parise ran into King that Bina came all the way down the ice and took on one of the largest AA players in the melee and was basically working him pretty even. Then he doesn't even get a penalty. GO BINA!

Nothing much that I could add that hasn't been said by others here. Good game, need a better one tomorrow.

That happened right in front of 3 of us and we didn't see what Prpich did to him.

Wish I could see a replay because to us it didn't look like anything. I'm guessing it was something though...

Prpich had his stick between Green's legs and, as Tim O'Keefe said, gave him about three feet of lumber. Actually, in the replay, it doesn't look like Prpich did anything that bad, but the Green Family Jewels know otherwise. Jloos is right. Seeing Green's upside down skates peeking over the top of the UAA bench told the story.

Prpich had his stick between Green's legs and, as Tim O'Keefe said, gave him about three feet of lumber. Actually, in the replay, it doesn't look like Prpich did anything that bad, but the Green Family Jewels know otherwise. Jloos is right. Seeing Green's upside down skates peeking over the top of the UAA bench told the story.

I agree, but Prpich will take some heat for it. But if anything, it was predictable. I mean, it all comes down to dictating the game. If you allow a player to take another player down going into the boards (which could cause injury and in fact did cause Prpich to miss a game) and there is no call, you can't expect a spirited player from returning the favor. The method used was not very classy, but it wasn't permanent.

It also got the job done.

I like Campion, but I think he needed to take the rest of the season off to recouperate from the injury. Since he's gotten back, he's been somewhat subpar.