SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs UAA

jimdahl

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall, so far (8 mins in), UAA is playing a much better opportunistic game than the Sioux. They're making a stand on the offensive blueline, creating a lot of turnovers and getting a lot of odd-man rushes, testing J. Parise.

UND is getting some quality shots, but more through playmaking than the big breakaways the Seawolves keep getting.

Still 0-0.

UND on powerplay (the evil Jim Dahl is in the box for UAA).

SFiP, after the first 5 or 6 minutes, the Sioux looked a lot better. I can't believe how many 2-on-1 rushes they gave up or nearly gave up early. Defense anyone? Good thing J. Parise was great in goal. He made some big saves.

The last half of the period, the Sioux were really getting their chances. They just have to bury some of them.

The Bochenski-to-Parise-to-Murray goal was a thing of beauty. We need some more!

I think UAA is starting to feel the strain of playing so many games in a short amount of time.

I'm watching with my mind's eye :silly: (listening to TH on the Internet)

me too

if all goes well - where you at tomorrow?

I might check out RTO'sullivans

Me too. I've yet to go there but other Arizonans who post here say there are usually a lot of Sioux fans there on the weekends.

That's great to hear - then I'll definitely be there -

Had to come back to work after watching the first period.

It looked like UND was trying to pick the corners too much. Maybe King's last few games made the sioux think the only way to score is a top corner.

Otherwise the penalty kill looked great (almost like the Sioux were on a power play)