SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Baseball

UNDvince97-01

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That seeding doesn't make any sense either. Sioux go into the week at #2, ahead of #3 Emporia. Sioux go 1-2 in the conference tourney, losing to #5 Mankato and #7 NDSU. Emporia goes 0-2 and loses to 2 teams not ranked in the region. The Sioux then drop below Emporia?? The NCAA at its finest.

Is the NCAA trying to avoid an MIAA-MIAA matchup by having Emporia at #3?

Who moved ahead of UND (who went from 2 to 4), #3 Emporia went 0-2, Maybe Wayne St #4 who won the NSIC, but #5 MSUM went 1-2, and #6 Missouri Western didn't even make the MIAA tournament :D

Wayne was #4 last week, they moved p to #2. I guess I cannot see a problem with that, but if the NCAA's rationale is trying to avoid a like-conference first round matchup that is a joke, and is doing these teams a disservice by doing so. They did it in the Women's hoops regional this year, granted it is 6 teams, but that is ridiculous.

I too missed the date, but I was checking periodically throughout the day while at work and nothing was posted, then the pairings came up. Since nothing was there earlier, just assumed(I know better) that the NCAA would put up the correct pairings. Oh well, lets go Sioux :D

I told you Corella...it was going to be tight...if Mankato would have won both and maybe one game against NDSU i bet the NCAA would have taken Mankato....I am just happy for the kids and coach that UND is in...now anything can happen...lets hope JJ is on top of his game...I think UND will give Central Miss all they want that first game....very exciting for the program and the kids....Congratulations!!!!!!

The Blue Jays and the Red Sox have been in to see JJ Scheving pitch as of late, maybe more but those teams have been for sure. With his history of arm injuries he would be a tough player for a team to draft, but his stats this year warrant consideration without a doubt. Anyway, the owner and sportcaster of KROX-AM in Crookston, Frank Fee, writes a weekly sports column on the KROX radio website, and it is actually pretty good. This week there was some things about JJ, and one section of it really caught my eye:

This should be another great opportunity for J.J. to show his stuff. I would be VERY SHOCKED if J.J. wasn

You would think Dave St Peter would know, being he is a former UND baseball player. I think Dave is a great baseball person. Major League scouting systems and Scouts are not perfect, and they do miss good prospects. Sometimes it takes a person that knows the player, to send some information to the Major League clubs, to get their attention.

All-NCC Teams

Good to see Ziegler got the COY that he deserved this year. Scheving Pitcher of the Year, Waslowski, Mileski, Koehn, and Sukut also make the teams. Tough to see Mark Olson not on either team, he may be the team MVP, but NDSU's and Mankato's SS put up some impressive offensive numbers in the power categories.

Wayne State showed the MIAA maybe deserved only one team. Wayne State beat Emporia State 14-3 in the first game. I know it's only one game, but Emporia was overrated. The only reason (I believe) they got in was because they beat UND three times and NDSU three. But those games were in Feb. and March.

Mankato should've been in

I really don't care who wins the game (even though I want the northern teams to win) but this radio guy is TOO much homer. My gosh, "JJ is good, but he hasn't faced CMSU, blah, blah, blah"

You know hey should win. I see on their web, 1.5 million dollar stadium, 9 full rides, etc.

Sorry, just getting sick of CMSU dominating Central Region baseball

heard the score and thought it was a mistake...18-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D?????!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow...they're fully funded and just got a 2 million $$ upgrade to their stadium but who would think they could turn Scheving into chopped liver like that?? Here's a scenario...the Sioux come through the losers bracket with a win...Roebuck flies down and kicks Zig out of the dugout and takes over (calling back Jenny Crouse as an relief pitcher)....then we lose to Central Missouri in the championship....35-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...oh...I guess history doesn't repeat itself...