SiouxSports.com Forum

What section are you sitting in for Final Five?

Let'sGoHawks!

118 aisle seats (close to the Beer) beer.gif

where do people go after the games - last yr we ended up in a very unfriendly bar

tn_final5_06.jpg

this was our seats last yr - that is my Daughter from Fargo waving the Flag ??? Hi Ra Ra :D

We wanted to be up higher this yr but in the same corner

actually I stood up by the food court area last yr & really had Fun talking to everyone up there

I have to go way up top :O in there this yr & see the view - Quite a facility

PCM I think took this pic ---Thanks !!!

We are in section 117 row 10, seats 5-8 again. Great seats near center ice behind the benches. Many Sioux fans around us last year, but the only drawback was the gopher fans with the president masks in front of us. They assured me they would be back this year again. They were up on the daktronics and television many a time. Have a great picture, but no scanner and no clue how to put it on here. They were fun and we were really rowdy. Can't wait.

116 Row 14, right on the Red Line aisle.  They always ask if I want to upgrade...but I think those are about as good as you can get!

I decided to upgrade this year to row 3. There are 6 of us that have tickets and we are all Sioux fans. By the way, if there is a place where you (UMDDogz) or any of the other Sioux/Duluth fans are gonna be I think we should coordinate on here. I've been going to the Final Five since I moved down here to go to school, when it was held at the Target Center. I have always enjoyed meeting fans of other schools...at least the ones who are willing to talk hockey and not just shout obscenities at you.

the gopher fans with the president masks in front of us were up on the daktronics and television many a time.

Anyone else get sick of the jumbotron technique where the camera shows a fan of one team (UND for example), and waits for the ND fans to cheer, then shows a UM fan and waits for their fans to cheer, then alternates between the two over and over? It's fun during the first game of the weekend, but after 6 years of the same "I cheer, you cheer" game at every single break, it has started to irritate me. I should lighten up but you'd think they could come up with some more creative ways of entertaining the crowd during breaks.

I also just had a random thought-- remember "Thunder the bleacher creature?" What a lame concept that was. I can't even refer to it as a mascot since most people disliked it.

Anyone else get sick of the jumbotron technique where the camera shows a fan of one team (UND for example), and waits for the ND fans to cheer, then shows a UM fan and waits for their fans to cheer, then alternates between the two over and over?  It's fun during the first game of the weekend, but after 6 years of the same "I cheer, you cheer" game at every single break, it has started to irritate me.  I should lighten up but you'd think they could come up with some more creative ways of entertaining the crowd during breaks. 

I agree too. It is a little bit overdone. The only time it was really fun was during the St. Cloud/Sioux championship game when Kollar was interfered with. That game was intense. Hopefully the games this year will be a little bit closer and more exciting than last year. We should have some good matchups as long as there aren't any upsets.

I am suprised that they don't use the foghorn. I guess it would get a little overdone though if you sounded it for both teams. They could use the organ though however. I am sure that money isn't an issue, but why else wouldn't they do it? Wouldn't they want to showcase the arena and all of it's amenities?