SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux at Bulldogs

sioux fan in phoenix

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now which team is the hottest in college hockey? :blush:

It must be the one with weak goaltending and no offensive defensemen that was supposed to buckle under the pressure of a tough second-half road schedule.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, Wooger!

PCM that beautiful. I wonder what Jeff Dubay will have to say, I am sure he will come up with something stupid to say on Monday on why UMD was swept and the Goofers got swept.

PCM that beautiful. I wonder what Jeff Dubay will have to say, I am sure he will come up with something stupid to say on Monday on why UMD was swept and the Goofers got swept.

C'mon, just because he is Jeff Dubay doesn't mean he will say something stup.....Wait, what am I saying, OF COURSE he will say something stupid!

:blush::0

I wonder what Jeff Dubay will have to say, I am sure he will come up with something stupid to say on Monday on why UMD was swept and the Goofers got swept.

Well, it just doesn't matter. Winning the WCHA isn't important. A top-five finish is no longer important.

Everyone knows the Gophers will be in the Frozen Four at the end. They got perms. How can they not?

Can you imagine what it's going to be like for Potulny and the Minnesota lads to walk around campus this week with those stupid hairdos?

C'mon, just because he is Jeff Dubay doesn't mean he will say something stup.....Wait, what am I saying, OF COURSE he will say something stupid!

:blush::0

Of course he will say something stupid, Jeff will probably go on and on about how Dultuh is still the team to beat and UND got lucky and that they have suspect goaltending, blah, blah, blah... I am now waiting for him to say something stupid like Tech will come into the Ralph and sweep. If UND plays it game they will get the winner of the play-in game. I don't know about anyone else but I am fired up. I suppose it might be the Limon and Tonics but tongiht was a great character win.

Great Sioux victory again tonight. Brandt was fantastic. However, there is still a lot of hockey left to play. Sioux are not yet guaranteed a thing and Duluth and UMN may still have a lot to say. Let's keep 'er on an even keel.

Dam Straight...er, Dam Strait.

BTW, George S. rules!

"The Mac" will be in Grand Forks next weekend - McCloud said so in an interview on Friday. Boy, was it sweet to watch the Sioux go 5-0 against the upstart Dogs this year. Sweet!

To walk into Duluth and pull of the sweep on the road at crunch time was, I hope, a defining moment for this team. I freely admit to being one who was openly questioning this team after the Wisconsin series. However, the slump is over and it couldn't have happened in better fashion. Time to put together a nice little 10 game winning streak, boys!

DU leading 6-3, JJ really sucks. I smell goalie problems to the south of us.

You have got to remember that some experts within the realm of college hockey realm say that the o-fers are the best team in the country when it comes to olympic size ice sheet. It's time for them boys to realize that the season is almost over...poor ofers...

You have got to remember that some experts within the realm of college hockey realm say that the o-fers are the best team in the country when it comes to olympic size ice sheet. It's time for them boys to realize that the season is almost over...poor ofers...

I wouldn't want the Sioux to play the Gophers in CO for the regionals.... Olympic ice and all.

Great character building series for the Sioux. I got a little nervous when our Electronics guy (the game was on the TV's back there) announced that Duluth had scored, but glad to hear Jake silenced a few critics in that 3rd period. Not too happy to hear that Jonesy took a bad penalty at the end of the 2nd, but only allowing 1 PP goal in (10?) chances is a great indication of our PK clicking.

There's a nice pic of Brandt on USCHO...some dude named Patrick C. Miller took it. Name sounds familiar, now where could I have heard it before......... :blush: PCM...any thoughts? :0:0

"ofers"...no that is reserved for JBSU, the GOPHERS have 5 (yes less than 7) titles....saying ofers like that is just plain silly. Get team's alternate monikers right! :0

No bandwagoning here. I still have faith someplace left! One never knows! ;)

Congrats on a good series at tUMD. UND is looking good right now. :blush::angry::0

WPoS

Ten random thoughts on a road trip in the WCHA . . . .

1. Duluth has some fervent fans. A solid group. Students are loud, largely clever, and highly supportive of their team. Thank God they did not get a chance to run many of their fabled "laps" because most of them were looking like that rhino in the movie Jumanji by the end of the lap. Lagging. And panting hard. None the less, the horror stories that some may have tried to paint here about their threats and intimidation were highly inflated, at least from our vantage points. Some middle-aged chumps tried to shut us down on Saturday night from our loud, but clean, cheering. In my face saying that I had a mighty big mouth for such a little guy. I handed him a rally rag that the DECC passed out on Friday and told them to go cry to someone who cares.

2. The Sioux took it to the Dogs from the first minute Friday night with Genoway's slapper. The first period of Friday night's game had the long-time Duluth faithful around us shaking their heads and muttering their amazement at our intensity and skills. That first 20 minutes set the pace for the entire weekend. While the Dogs took the play to the Sioux from time-to-time in a big way (e.g. the last six minutes of last night's game) Jake Brandt came up huge. Again and again.

3. We switched ticket locations from the end the Sioux shot at twice on Friday, upper level, to behind the net, just off the ice, that the Dogs attacked twice on Saturday. As such, we saw all four goals in the Sioux end Friday, and all game goals on Saturday. This is what clean living will earn an old balding fat guy willing to cart his kids around the league will earn us.

4. The action at the end of last night's game, mostly in the Sioux defensive end, was unbelievable. Duluth had a guy on Jake's doorstep who missed the puck coming through the crease to a wide-open net with about five seconds left. I couldn't believe he missed it. Had he scored, I think that the roof would have come off the DECC right then and there. While that would have been fun for a moment, seeing how it was a Saturday night in the WCHA, and while I would have remained supremely confident of the Sioux's play in OT, it was nice to hit the road.

5. Our seat locations were such that we had to go to the latrines and concessions through the concourse where the Sioux entered and left. They were mighty pumped, both before the third period and after the game. Obviously, it was a huge win. They seem to be a united bunch, and seem to have their eye squarely on the ball. It was very interesting to be able to watch their off-ice motivation prep from the cat bird's seat alongside other Sioux, and Bulldog, fans.

6. Duluth paints their visiting team's locker pink. Unless that is the home locker room for the Lady Bulldogs, which I doubt. Maybe it was there that the Gophers got the idea to get their hair permed. :0

7. Blais gave Jake a big love hug at the end of the game, near center ice. Then, I think he realized that people might be watching so they immediately pulled away from each other.

8. While Duluth did not have a whole lot to cheer for during the weekend, what with only two goals, their fans stayed in it. That said, the Sioux have the BEST travelling contingent of fans in the country. Our fans, especially a big group of them, including a number of gals with great hats and cheers up in about section 5 or 7, were great. The Duluth faithful has likely never seen that before, even from the Gopher faithful. We often got rousing cheers going that the Dogs fans usually quickly mobilized to drown out, or at least blend in.

9. One thing on which most all fans could agree, and we got some good chants going both nights, is that "Gophers Suck." These, of course, came after the WCHA updates.

10. As many of us have been saying ALL season, even through the bumps in the road, this team is special and is poised to go places. Quite frankly, other than maybe dropping one game to Tech over the next two weeks, here's saying that if they play with the focus and ferver that they did over the last two nights, they will be stringing a few more banners next fall, and the big trifecta will be ours.

:blush:

Great Sioux victory again tonight. Brandt was fantastic. However, there is still a lot of hockey left to play. Sioux are not yet guaranteed a thing and Duluth and UMN may still have a lot to say. Let's keep 'er on an even keel.

Nah I don't think so. Anytime the Rodents get swept its ground for celebration.

I didn't see the Parise goal on Saturday night but I read the GF Herald and it said there should have been and offsides call on the Sioux and the play should've been stopped. If it was offsides I don't feel bad. You take a win whenever you can get it even if it's not fair. We got hosed in Minnesota so I don't mind hosing someone else.

Road to the Frozen Four has been paved baby. Let's hop on and ride Jaker to the promised land.

I'm not surprised by the offsides on our first goal. I didn't notice it at the time, but the linesmen were atrocious all weekend, calling offsides when there was none, and failing to call it when it did occur. At least they were just as bad at each blue line. Tim H. made at least one comment about their poor work.

I'm not surprised by the offsides on our first goal. I didn't notice it at the time, but the linesmen were atrocious all weekend, calling offsides when there was none, and failing to call it when it did occur. At least they were just as bad at each blue line. Tim H. made at least one comment about their poor work.

The call was blown ...but the goaltender need to make the save. It's too easy to blame the linesman. Dogs had their chances to win the game and were unable to execute. :p:lol: Shrug...makes this weekend series with Wisco a must win. Dogs need to at LEAsT hold on to second place.

Don't understand the huge problem linesmen seem to be having with offside and icing. Seems like there have been several missed calls every weekend lately. Duluth's PP goal Friday started with an offside. Are the AR's getting so caught up in watching for penalties behind the play that they've forgotten their primary duty?

I watched the tape to see where the offsides occurred. The puck was coming out of the zone and Parise used his glove to knock it back into the zone as he was coming in. It was very close and happened very fast. The puck was in the air, so it wasn't as if the blue line could easily be used as a point of reference. I can see how that one was missed.

Besides that, the Sioux didn't score as a direct result of the offsides. The Bulldogs had two chances to clear the puck after that and they didn't do it.