SiouxSports.com Forum

CBS Line

Fetch

Yes it is one of the best I've seen as a Sioux Fan

Difference is the Hrkacs Circus - Tony had Schmaltz's skill & Cags & /or Boeser in one person

DOT Line was different with Duncan being a awesome shooter but Boeser has potential that is not even seen yet & Toews being a all around threat in every phase of the game - Oshie & Boeser both offensive & fun  to watch but Oshie had his own special appeal 

We are Blessed to have seen such talent - the big question is can CBS WIN IT ALL ?

CBS still has the potential to be the best ever

Can the other lines do as well as the other lines in the DOT & Hrkacs Era ?

& Goaltending will there ever be another Belfour ? IF someone can just do above average we are on the way but Eddie was special beyond belief

Just having this type of talent to watch is more than worth the price of admission 

Like I said we as Fans are Blessed

Edited by Fetch

Yes it is one of the best I've seen as a Sioux Fan

Difference is the Hrkacs Circus - Tony had Schmaltz's skill & Cags & /or Boeser in one person

DOT Line was different with Duncan being a awesome shooter but Boeser has potential that is not even seen yet & Toews being a all around threat in every phase of the game - Oshie & Boeser both offensive & fun  to watch but Oshie had his own special appeal 

We are Blessed to have seen such talent - the big question is can CBS WIN IT ALL ?

I never saw the Hrkac Circus play, but it really is a different game, these days. Please don't anyone mistake this for belittling their numbers, but it really is a different game. I feel like their skills are definitely similar.

I think the CBS line is on par with the DOT. Kind of a fun parallel. First rounder that is a play-making center but has a knack for scoring (Toews and Schmaltz), another first rounder, this one that's a big-bodied, goal scoring threat (Osh and Boeser) and an undrafted Hobey Baker candidate who has a nice shot and a nose for goal scoring (Duncs and Cag).

As for who's better... I think we'll see. Watching both play, I think the CBS line might be more dominant at this point in the season, but the DOT line did it all year.

Lastly, it's not a matter if this line can win one, it's simply if they will. The talent is clearly there to lead us to the promised land.

• Upvote 3

& I agree with Cratter who I think said is Tomek a ghost ? & if he shows up will he be special ? ? ?

Closest thing North Dakota has to professional sports is spot on

Edited by Fetch

There should never be a empty seat at the Ralph the rest of the year - we could be watching history in the making

& if they do it will ease the pain on accepting Fighting Hawks - I hope it does & yes a awesome logo will help us remember all this - if not it will take alot longer

Edited by Fetch

There should never be a empty seat at the Ralph the rest of the year - we could be watching history in the making

& if they do it will ease the pain on accepting Fighting Hawks - I hope it does & yes a awesome logo will help us remember all this - if not it will take alot longer

Agreed, Fetch.  And not wanting to go down that road, but I'd like to add that we should be watching this special talent play whenever we can not because they might win a banner in April but because of what they show us night in and night out.   Because it is the hockey we love and the way it can be played. 

Edited by burd
  • Upvote 1

I never saw the Hrkac Circus play, but it really is a different game, these days. Please don't anyone mistake this for belittling their numbers, but it really is a different game. I feel like their skills are definitely similar.

Very true. The game and the equipment is much different today.

I think the CBS line is on par with the DOT. Kind of a fun parallel. First rounder that is a play-making center but has a knack for scoring (Toews and Schmaltz), another first rounder, this one that's a big-bodied, goal scoring threat (Osh and Boeser) and an undrafted Hobey Baker candidate who has a nice shot and a nose for goal scoring (Duncs and Cag).

I swear I've read this before. :lol:

• Upvote 1