SiouxSports.com Forum

27-0

kramer9

"I'm going to go out a limb and say that we won't be seeing any Monticello graduates at UND any time soon."

Why not??? Is it possible they could go to UND with the express purpose of getting a degree? Oh wait, your talking about hockey which we all know is more important than getting an education.

Wow. :) Did the girl pull the "I have a headache" routine last night?

Some 'CCO radio clown reported this morning that that game was last night.

I could swear that this post has been up longer than that. Hey "threadstarter," Tommy K., you psychic.

Tommy Kramer. Welcome to the board. Please regale us, on a separate thread, of your drinking daze with the ViQueens.

That's funny, because Tommy Kramer is in the Twin Cities this weekend for a Autograph appearance and Bobble head promotions. Not sure Tommy knows anything about hockey, except where the bar is.

It was a sectional game. Maybe Monticello should be in Class A. If a team with a tradition like South St Paul moved down to Class A, maybe Monticello should take a look at it.

That's funny, because Tommy Kramer is in the Twin Cities this weekend for a Autograph appearance and Bobble head promotions. Not sure Tommy knows anything about hockey, except where the bar is.

It was a sectional game. Maybe Monticello should be in Class A. If a team with a tradition like South St Paul moved down to Class A, maybe Monticello should take a look at it.

Not sure if that would help much, the classes are based on school size, not ability of teams. Overall AA is stronger, but from what I've seen Monticello would have been spanked by most A teams in the state. Look at what A Warroad did to AA Roseau earlier this year (15-1). If their school is above the max allowed for A they have to play AA, they need to build up their youth programs.

I wonder if the nuclear plant somehow stunts their players from getting better? Maybe in a few years it will help, they could have players that literally have 'eyes in the back of their heads'. :)

Marge : I'm not sure about the people Bart's working for. I think they're criminals.

Homer : A job's a job. I mean, take me. If my plant pollutes the water and poisons the town, by your logic, that would make me a criminal.

........Not sure if that would help much, the classes are based on school size, not ability of teams. Overall AA is stronger, but from what I've seen Monticello would have been spanked by most A teams in the state. Look at what A Warroad did to AA Roseau earlier this year (15-1). If their school is above the max allowed for A they have to play AA, they need to build up their youth programs.

I wonder what Monticello's 10-12 grades are at. South St Paul is around 8-900 students for 10-12, and they had a choice between the two classes.

You can move up to AA if you want to as a Class A school. Benilde was looking at moving up to AA (coincidentally, Holy Angels moved up just before they started talking about it...imagine that :glare: ). We have around 800 in the HS, plus another 2-300 in the JHS. I don't think you can move down if you have certain enrollment numbers, though I don't know what they are and could possibly be wrong. I would think Monticello would be small enough to move down though. After this schelacking...I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

<snip> ...sounds like he did the best he and his players could do under the lopsided circumstances.

I don't know if having a Mr. Hockey finalist on the ice for (at least) four of the 8 goals in the third period, including the last two that were scored in the final two minutes of the game, could be classified as doing the "best he could". :glare:

Here's an idea... DON'T SCORE! As if there was a lot of doubt of what the outcome was going to be before the game was even played. Tell the boys to make ten passes before they shoot or they sit. Send only one guy into the offensive zone, or they sit. Use lines 1 & 2 to spot 3 & 4 if they get tired. There are numerous alternatives to putting up 27 goals on a team.

Does MSHSL rules allow for a team to use what has been their JV team throughout the year in Section playoffs? Or does the roster have to be submitted before the section playoffs start and then remain basically intact through the duration? Anyone?

Monticello had a number of kids out with the flu. Morinville required 3 passes before they could shoot after the 1st period. Gifford was on the ice to set up players who haven't had much ice time during the season - notice he only had 1 goal and 8 assists. Morinville also asked for running time in the second period, the ref's refused. Moorhead was so much better there was really nothing else they could do except purposely not shoot the puck at all, which would be more of an insult to Monticello.

I agree even with these excuses 27 goals was a bit excessive. I believe Moorhead plays Roseau at 7 on Sat night, same time as the Sioux :glare:

I was hoping Bemidji would win so I could see a rematch of the WWF/Ultimate fighting game a couple of weeks ago.

The subject of today's Philosophy 101 lecture:

When is a 27-0 blowout in your favor a no-win game?

The only negative for Moorhead that I can think of is that blowing someone away so badly doesn't prepare them adequately for the tougher playoff games down the road. Example: If UND played Concordia College of Moorhead on Friday night & 24 hours later had to play Boston College, my guess is it would really take the Sioux out of their rhythm & not properly prepare them for someone much tougher. It's not good for the losing team & it's definitely not good for the winning team: no moral victories, lessons learned, skills honed, etc. on either side. Unless the winning side has a bunch of sadists & the losing team are full of masochists, I don't see the point of such a game.

Monticello had a number of kids out with the flu. Morinville required 3 passes before they could shoot after the 1st period. Gifford was on the ice to set up players who haven't had much ice time during the season - notice he only had 1 goal and 8 assists. Morinville also asked for running time in the second period, the ref's refused. Moorhead was so much better there was really nothing else they could do except purposely not shoot the puck at all, which would be more of an insult to Monticello.

I agree even with these excuses 27 goals was a bit excessive. I believe Moorhead plays Roseau at 7 on Sat night, same time as the Sioux :glare:

I was hoping Bemidji would win so I could see a rematch of the WWF/Ultimate fighting game a couple of weeks ago.

I wish I could say it would be a close game, we'll see! Roseau came from behind twice to beat Bemidji, but Moorhead is a really great team this year!

"I'm going to go out a limb and say that we won't be seeing any Monticello graduates at UND any time soon."

Why not??? Is it possible they could go to UND with the express purpose of getting a degree? Oh wait, your talking about hockey which we all know is more important than getting an education.

Duh! :glare: