SiouxSports.com Forum

USCH Bracketology

NorthDakotaHockey

Not afraid of any team, just kind of b.s that a lower seed gets to host a higher seed in the ncaa tourney. We understand that is the way things are in the NC$$ but that does not mean we have to like it. ??? Next season if the sioux are mediocre and are not a top seed, they will get to host a NCAA regional even if they are a 3 or 4 seed. They should buckl;e up and seed the tourney fairly and let the chips fall where they may. Although this would drastically hurt the bottom $.

heck, most Gopher fans are no longer scared of Michigan, we've made them our bitch the last 2 years! tUMD can too!

Gophs may get the chance before UMD does, if the current bracketology holds. We'll see then how you do against Mich in somewhere other than Marriucci or the Excel. At least it's not at Yost.

well, if you remember we did beat Michigan 4-2 AT Michigan this year silly!

WPoS

Not to mention it has been way too many years since the Gophers beat Michigan at Mariucci. :D Though I wouldn't trade the regular season tilts for the recent showdowns in St. Paul and Buffalo.

With DU on a roll, I think the NCAA will still put the four best western teams in the two western regionals. Gophs getting sent east.

well, if you remember we did beat Michigan 4-2 AT Michigan this year silly!

WPoS

True,

And a rather marginal Sioux team beat them in Michigan a couple years ago. Won't mention the very good 1998 Sioux team, Denver, CC, etc.

Seems every year at this time it looks like the best scenario is for a WCHA team to get sent east. Maybe the Gophs will be the lucky recipient of that selection this year.

In your opinion, would they be put in the BC or Maine bracket?

Too early to tell. I'm very interested in the Maine/BC series this weekend to see where these two teams are.

Stating the obvious, the Gophs have a lot to prove the next three weeks to make anyone think they have a chance at the Frozen Four.

From my perspective, it feels a lot like '00-'01. The team can skate very well and has played very well at times, but has frequent defensive and goaltending breakdowns.

Bracketology: March 10

latest from bracketology. Man, and I thought Organic Chemistry was hell to understand.

Organic Chem has nothin on Bracketology. :( Seriously, UND needs to offer Bracketology 101...I'd take it.

West Regional

13 Colgate vs. 4 Minnesota-Duluth

9 Denver vs. 5 Michigan

Midwest Regional

16 Bemidji State vs. 1 North Dakota

10 Miami vs. 8 Wisconsin

hmmmm....Who is the "host" school in Grand Rapids?...if it's not Michigan. Ferris Wheel St.?

After the 3-2-1 bonus, Our regional stays the same...only we're in the West. After the 5-3-1 bonus, we're still in the West, but replace Miami with Notre Dame.

Gophers are sent to the East regional with Maine in all 3 scenarios. In the no bonus they get Notre Dame and St. Cloud, 5-3-1 they get Colgate and Michigan St., and 3-2-1 they get Colgate and Notre Dame.

They also note that the playoffs is a must win for SCCC. Lose and they're out of teh NCAA's.

hmmmm....Who is the "host" school in Grand Rapids?...if it's not Michigan.  Ferris Wheel St.?

And its not GV either! Western Michigan is the GR host. But I wouldn't expect them to be bringing in a lot of people for that. Would be likely to see a lot from Ferris thought, Big Rapids is such an armpit of a town that most of them will come down to GR to hang out for the weekend. Very hard for me to see the powers that be to justify not sending any Michigan team to the Van Andel. Might get away with it if they get Wisconsin and Notre Dame there. Would be very interesting if NoDak does get sent to Grand Rapids. Some of us Lakers could be pretty torn about who do we cheer for. :(

I think USCHO typo-ed there seedings. They've been saying all along that UND would be West, because a flight is a flight in the NCAA's eyes. If you go through the article, UND is always in the west, even if their PWR is a #3. The bracket at the top right (in the tan section) is a misprint I believe.