SiouxSports.com Forum

WHY NOT PLAY US NEXT YEAR

SU WR 1AB

IT WILL BE A GREAT GAME. WE NEED TO LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. THIS GAME IS FOR THE PLAYERS, AND THE FANS NOT THE ADMINSTRATION. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT DIVISION, ITS A RIVAL AND BOTH TEAMS ARE GOING TO GO AT IT HARD. I RATHER PLAY UND INSTEAD OF MONTANA, THIS GAME BRINGS EVERYONE TOGETHER IN THE STATE OF ND. THERE IS NO GAME LIKE THE BISON/SIOUX IN THE UPPER MIDWEST. RESPECT TO ALL OF THE SIOUX PLAYERS GREAT GAME 2003. TELL YOUR AD MAKE THAT 11TH GAME A BISON/SIOUX GAME.

p.s. ONCE A BISON ALWAYZ A BISON

IT WILL BE A GREAT GAME. WE NEED TO LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE. THIS GAME IS FOR THE PLAYERS, AND THE FANS NOT THE ADMINSTRATION. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT DIVISION, ITS A RIVAL AND BOTH TEAMS ARE GOING TO GO AT IT HARD. I RATHER PLAY UND INSTEAD OF MONTANA, THIS GAME BRINGS EVERYONE TOGETHER IN THE STATE OF ND. THERE IS NO GAME LIKE THE BISON/SIOUX IN THE UPPER MIDWEST. RESPECT TO ALL OF THE SIOUX PLAYERS GREAT GAME 2003. TELL YOUR AD MAKE THAT 11TH GAME A BISON/SIOUX GAME.

Ok, I hate to nag, but please turn off your 'caps lock'. By leaving it on, it seems as though you are shouting.

And as for the 'no game like it in the Upper Midwest' thought, what about Iowa/Iowa State, or while not confined to a single state, Minnesota versus Wisconsin.

Plus I believe it is worth more (in the strength of schedule) for the Sioux to schedule UM-Crookston and crush them, than it is to play NDSU (I'm not exactly sure, my computer is having problems opening the NCAA rule book).

What the heck is with all these Bison fans suddenly showing up here to demand that UND play NDSU (as if we have anything to do with it)? Did they just get the news from last week or are they really, really slow readers?

Ok, I hate to nag, but please turn off your 'caps lock'. By leaving it on, it seems as though you are shouting.

And as for the 'no game like it in the Upper Midwest' thought, what about Iowa/Iowa State, or while not confined to a single state, Minnesota versus Wisconsin.

Plus I believe it is worth more (in the strength of schedule) for the Sioux to schedule UM-Crookston and crush them, than it is to play NDSU (I'm not exactly sure, my computer is having problems opening the NCAA rule book).

Yep. Minnesota/Bucky is a bigger game. Doesn't mean more to either state than Sioux/Bison means...er, meant...to ND, but it's still a bigger game.

Destroying UMC will leave us better off in the playoffs than playing the Bison. Ask UNA how scheduling a D1 opponent can affect your playoff run. How's that for the big picture. Don't cry that it's our fault you're going to lose money next year, you made the decision to leave. I'd rather we play Winona or GVSU, get a game against a possible playoff team.

And you didn't have to tell us you are/were a NDAC student...we could tell by the impressive grammar. Are you Siouxrock's evil stream yellow twin?

Have fun being the UMC of DI-AA next year :lol:

Yep. Minnesota/Bucky is a bigger game. Doesn't mean more to either state than Sioux/Bison means...er, meant...to ND, but it's still a bigger game.

Destroying UMC will leave us better off in the playoffs than playing the Bison. Ask UNA how scheduling a D1 opponent can affect your playoff run. How's that for the big picture. Don't cry that it's our fault you're going to lose money next year, you made the decision to leave. I'd rather we play Winona or GVSU, get a game against a possible playoff team.

And you didn't have to tell us you are/were a NDAC student...we could tell by the impressive grammar. Are you Siouxrock's evil stream yellow twin?

Have fun being the UMC of D1-AA next year :lol:

NDAC vs the Upstate Normal School has been the best college game in the upper midwest. Minnesota - Wisconsin is good, but not there, Iowa - Iowa State is good too, but you have to look at the Packers vs Vikings to have the same intensity at the fan level. UND should play the schools that give them more power points like UMC. NDSU should play as many I-AA schools(not 1-AA) as they can each year. But the scholarship difference is a lame excuse. It is not a level playing field when UMC and Winona St play NCC schools. NCC teams carry 36 Scholarships and NSIC carry around 20. I do look forward to enjoying next years NDSU schedule.

What the heck is with all these Bison fans suddenly showing up here to demand that UND play NDSU (as if we have anything to do with it)? Did they just get the news from last week or are they really, really slow readers?

Bison Fans? Looks to me like a Bison player this time. I'd venture to guess that "SU WR #1 AB" is Allen Burrell.

This is straight from the NCAA DII Football Championships Manual (page 11):

In addition, a team must have a .500 or better overall record against Division II opponents to be selected for the playoffs. A team is also required to play at least six Division II opponents during the regular season to be eligible for the playoffs.

The strength-of-schedule index is calculated as follows:

Win versus a Division II opponent with a record greater than or equal to .700 on the road

Do you play a DI-AA if you think you have a playoff shot? Part of me says the above answers that clearly no. The other part of me says ask North Alabama.

Didn't UNA also play a provisional Divison II team that was worth a 2 point win.

Giving them 2 games that brought their SOS down.

Hey du****s in these parts its bissson. That's all the respect they deserve after not being able to win in the last ten years in DII and blaming everybody else for "bringing down" DII football. Sounds like typical liberalism here boys. Blame everybody else for thier problems. Where were the complaints in the 80's when the bisssson were doing so well? Surely DII was "watered down" then. :lol:

Hey du****s in these parts its bissson. That's all the respect they deserve after not being able to win in the last ten years in DII and blaming everybody else for "bringing down" DII football. Sounds like typical liberalism here boys. Blame everybody else for thier problems. Where were the complaints in the 80's when the bisssson were doing so well? Surely DII was "watered down" then. :lol:

A Liberal reponse to a reasonable comment, is usually a flury of insults and name calling with vague or no reference to the original commment. UND or NDSU. :huh:

I WILL NOT TURN OFF CAPS LOCK, SO IF YOU DON' T LIKE IT THAT IS TO BAD WSUWARRIOR. I ASK THIS QUESTION BECAUSE I WANTED TO HEAR WHAT THE SIOUX FANS HAD TO SAY ABOUT IT. I HOPE THERE ARE NO HARD FEELINGS THAT I AM ON YOUR WEB SITE I JUST LIKE TO HEAR WHAT EVERYONE HAS TO SAY.

P.S. ONCE A BISON ALWAYS A BISON

I WILL NOT TURN OFF CAPS LOCK, SO IF YOU DON' T LIKE IT THAT IS TO BAD WSUWARRIOR. I ASK THIS QUESTION BECAUSE I WANTED TO HEAR WHAT THE SIOUX FANS HAD TO SAY ABOUT IT. I HOPE THERE ARE NO HARD FEELINGS THAT I AM ON YOUR WEB SIT I JUST LIKE TO HEAR WHAT EVERYONE HAS TO SAY.

P.S. ONCE A BISON ALWAYS A BISON

Assuming that you don't even know where the caps lock key is, I'll help you out. :lol:

It is on the far left-had side of your keyboard. (Hold up your hands with your thumbs pointing towards each other. The hand that looks like an "L" is the left hand.) It is usually the third key up from the bottom. Shouldn't be that difficult. :huh:

At least it works for my 3 year old.

The rivalry is over (for now). NDSU left DII. UND stayed. Get over it.

ndsu_killed_it.jpg

The answers to the key questions are above.

Recapping:

- NDSU left the conference and the division.

- Playing NDSU would harm UND's playoff chances (see the math above).

Can you imagine Wacker, Morton, or Hager doing anything that would harm their playoff chances?

Why then would Lennon?

I heard on a radio show a while back from the championship commitee chairman that playing one d-1aa team would not hurt the sioux,the problem comes into play when you play 2 out of divison teams he was refering directly to the UND ndsu situation.

I looked at the sioux b-ball schedule and when it comes to scholarships it does not seem to mind them when they play mary and minot state,southwest minnesota state so i guess when they can beat up on schools its ok but when they might be beaten it becomes a huge problem.

I heard on a radio show a while back from the championship commitee chairman that playing one d-1aa team would not hurt the sioux,the problem comes into play when you play 2 out of divison teams he was refering directly to the UND ndsu situation.

The formula for FB SOS is posted. You saw it.

Tell me how playing a DI-AA would not hurt the SOS if UND won every other game (against all DIIs). Playing a DI-AA last year, with a road loss to a DII, would have hurt UND's SOS. The math is there. It's analytic.

As far as basketball opponents, NDSU's schedule isn't out yet. You'd hate to have any of those words come back at you.

I looked at the sioux b-ball schedule and when it comes to scholarships it does not seem to mind them when they play mary and minot state,southwest minnesota state so i guess when they can beat up on schools its ok but when they might be beaten it becomes a huge problem.

That is the state of basketball. Every team below the DI level literally has to play teams in lower divisions in order to put together a schedule that will not far exceed their budget. And there actually isn't that big of a scholarship difference between a lot of NAIA schools and D2 schools when it comes to baskwtball.

The formula for FB SOS is posted. You saw it.

Tell me how playing a DI-AA would not hurt the SOS if UND won every other game (against all DIIs). Playing a DI-AA last year, with a road loss to a DII, would have hurt UND's SOS. The math is there. It's analytic.

As far as basketball opponents, NDSU's schedule isn't out yet. You'd hate to have any of those words come back at you.

i know some of there teams are a lower division but ndsu is not bringing up the scholarship issue hell i believe ndsu has valley city state on there schedule you dont see them worried about lack of scholarships.because its good for valley city state cany UND see its better to have them o then not to regarless of scholarships?because to me its all about the money.i was told by a good source UND was offered very good money to play for two more years down at the dome granted it was two away games but two more years of the game i believe would not of hurt UND it would have hurt ndsu more then anything because UND has had there number lately.i believe if you loko at some of the other playoff teams in d2 some had d-1 teams on there schedule and still had home playoff games but the difference is ndsu and una had 2 games.