SiouxSports.com Forum

Zane in the Top Ten for the Hobey!!

Sioux-cia

Congrats to Zane, well deserved.  As an SCSU fan I've gotten into a number of arguments with UNO fans this year, and I don't see how their homer glasses couldn't see that McIntyre was in a tier of his own and well above Massa this year.

For fantasy hockey purposes I often had rooting interests in McIntyre this season, and I don't know that I've ever celebrated a UND goal more than Gaarder's GWG last weekend, preserving Zane's sweep.  :)

• Upvote 2

I really feel like UND has done a terrible job urging SIOUX fans to vote for Zane. They posted articles about it, but no direct hobey baker links on social media. I can't believe we're getting beat out by Michigan Tech fans on this. It's unacceptable, our fan base is much bigger.  I wonder hat the hold up is?

I really feel like UND has done a terrible job urging SIOUX fans to vote for Zane. They posted articles about it, but no direct hobey baker links on social media. I can't believe we're getting beat out by Michigan Tech fans on this. It's unacceptable, our fan base is much bigger.  I wonder hat the hold up is?

Years ago, like 6 or 8ish, MTU had a guy leading all votes in the Hobey voting early stages by a 4 or 5 to 1 margin over 2nd place.  And this was when they were trrbl.  Some nerdy MTU fans concocted a program to keep automatically voting for their guy.

Not saying that's the case this time (as the Hobey people may have put up more security), MTU finally has a real candidate, and so they could very well be voting in droves right now.  Just saying don't feel bad if your guy is behind an MTU player, 'cuz MTU player Hobey votes always come with * :D