SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2015

siouxfan512

Obviously this is a little early to be worried about early departures, but I figured it was worth starting the discussion. So who is there that we will need to worry about possibly leaving early.

Graduating: Mattson, Gaarder, Parks, MacMillan, O'Donnel, Panzarella, Pattyn

Juniors: Caggiula, St. Clair, J. Schmaltz, Sanderson, Chyzyk, McIntyre

Sophmores: Stecher

Freshman: N. Schmaltz

I know their has been some talk about Caggiula and Stecher getting looks as UFA, but I think they are both back and having big seasons.

No idea on McIntyre, but I would love to see him for 1 more season.

J. Schmaltz ovbiously has some NHL talent, but has also had some faults in his game this season. I think he would benefit from another season of development, and could have a dominant senior season; but I could definitely see him heading out. Hopefully not.

N. Schmaltz has had a solid freshman season, but could really develop into a nice player after another season or two.

Thoughts? Do we have too many losses to have another good season next year, or will we be too young?

I think you see the elder Schmaltz leave and possibly Zane, although I do know Zane and his family are big on education so he might not be going anywhere. As for the rest, I just don't see any of them making the jump at this point. Maybe Nick after next season.

I think you see the elder Schmaltz leave and possibly Zane, although I do know Zane and his family are big on education so he might not be going anywhere. As for the rest, I just don't see any of them making the jump at this point. Maybe Nick after next season.

Hope so, I agree that Jordan should be the only real risk; but maybe he'll end up staying another year. We can hope right?

If Jordan stays will he become a free agent? I tentatively speculate they both stay, the both need more work before they are NHL ready. Maybe they have longer term plans to play together...

If he stays, yes he becomes a free agent. With that though, there is no guarantee he'll be signed, hence why so many drafted prospects leave after three.

If he stays, yes he becomes a free agent. With that though, there is no guarantee he'll be signed, hence why so many drafted prospects leave after three.I

It would be the 7/1 date after his senior year correct?  So the Blues could still sign him from April until July.