SiouxSports.com Forum

Deja vu all over again

Golden Gophs

I love how you joined this site TODAY just so you could rip on the Sioux. Get a life, go find your own team's site that you can cloud with things you only think are relevant. University of Canada? Wow, you are really grasping aren't you? 5 guys from Canada....everyone knows Canada produces some of the best players, why not let em play for a good team? You've got a couple "non-USAers" yourself...a Nova Scotian and an Austrian. I guess you stay true to your jersey but have a "except if they're really good and can help us win" clause hidden somewhere.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many North Dakota players are on your team that actually contribute? one, come on now, think these things through before you write. Vanek is the best player in the country, hands down, not our fault he wanted to come to Minnesota and play for the best team in the country. You guys have a fetish for canadians, there are plenty of good North Dakota natives that deserve a spot on the sioux.

The difference is that Minnesota made it their goal to stick to players from their state. We never claimed to be an "All-North Dakota" team. You want to win, you make it your goal to find the best players, which is what both teams have done in the past years. Minnesota just got smart and looked outside their border.

By the way, I'd be willing to bet that if you asked sportswriters, coaches, hockey gurus, etc. from all over the country who is the best player in the country right now/this year Vanek wouldn't even be the choice for half of them.

Hey now, don't put words into my mouth here. I didn't even mention Parise and Bochenski. I wasn't implying that one of them is the best, just that currently Vanek isn't. And I'm not a math major here, so could you help me out? If Vanek was drafted #4, doesn't that mean that 3 people are better than him? Also, I was just saying "this year/right now"....which is what I thought you wanted me to do - be in the present, not the past. Although who are you to talk, frankly, since that's all you gophers do is remind everyone of who won the last 2 years. Well, here's a news flash: it's a new year, and it's not gonna be yours.

Well, considering Vanek was the first college hockey player taken in the draft, I would assume he is the best. If you knew anything about the NHL Draft, you would know you don't have to take players from only college hockey. This is our year because you know what's going to happen, the sioux are ice cold. Minnesota is a tournament team.

Vanek is a great player. I've witnessed it with my own eyes. Except he likes to be in the right place at the right time. He's getting good at hanging out at the blue line instead of playing a little thing we like to call defense. He only uses speed to his advantage when he has a chance to score, instead of a chance to maybe stop the other team from scoring. And yeah I guess I would like to compare him to Parise. And if Parise were Vanek's size I'd take him in hearbeat over Vanek. At least Parise works 110% whenever he's on the ice and isn't always concerned with himself. Parise has just as much speed as Vanek. Skill too, for that matter. Here's an idea: watch your idol Vanek away from the puck, then watch Parise away from the puck. Parise has more skill than any player I've seen this year. So he's small, that's his downfall. I'd rather have my downfall be height and stature than heart and work ethic. If Vanek can show me he's a two-way player I'd be more inclined to consider putting him on the pedastel you already have him on.

How many national titles has Parise helped the sioux win? Vanek is clearly better than Parise, hands down. Parise is only making a name for himself because the refs clearly help him. You can't touch the guy before the crowd starts booing and the refs call a penalty. It's a joke, sure he might be a two way player, but Vanek is a natural goal scorer. Vanek is faster, stronger,and more skilled.

Your last post blew it for you completely. Parise often times gets mugged without a call. Parise has only played one year for the Sioux, and yet he's a shame because he hasn't won a national championship in that one year?? What about Mike Crowley? What about Erik Westrum? What about Brian Bonin? What about Rob Stauber? All gopher greats who never won a national championship in FOUR YEARS with the gophers, yet that doesn't take away the type of players that they were.

And if you caught the WJC you saw whose team prevailed. Parise has more world junior championships than Vanek so he is obviously the better player..... :D

Deja Vu...where? I hope it's the hot girls :D

Golden Gophs...take your flaming here. Sagard is a Gopher fan who has posted on this board for a while and actually has some intelligent insight when he does so, not this mindless drivel. Yes, we had a bad weekend...it happens. Yes, the Gophers have been playing well as of late...believe it or not, no surprise here. If you've actually read our nice little board here you would have noticed that we've ackowledged the Gophers have a shot at being there in the Frozen Four, which BTW was in Buffalo last year and St. Paul the year before, not Boston ;) . Besides, we just wanted to let BC feel good and put pressure on someone else for a change...we didn't like all the "attention."

Now if you'll excuse me...the new Britney Spears video is on :)

GG, your mom just called and told me to tell you to get off the computer. You need to get ready before your shift at 7-11 starts.

You sound a little frusterated now that she put the child block on your web surfing.

Oh yeah, tell Ryan hi when you drop off his laundry.

It is unfortunate but true that when one team goes through a tough stretch the idiots and rubes of another start to bash. Thankfully the starter of this thread does not represent the feelings of most gopher fans. I am a gopher fan and enjoy reading this board for the sioux perspective on things. I am embarassed by the mindless and unfounded taunting by this clown. The Sioux is down for now as they went into a hostile environment against a team that was smarting. The talent level of the Sioux won't allow them to drop too far and they will undoubtably turn it around soon. I'm sure we will see you guys again in March or April.

Your last post blew it for you completely. Parise often times gets mugged without a call. Parise has only played one year for the Sioux, and yet he's a shame because he hasn't won a national championship in that one year?? What about Mike Crowley? What about Erik Westrum? What about Brian Bonin? What about Rob Stauber? All gopher greats who never won a national championship in FOUR YEARS with the gophers, yet that doesn't take away the type of players that they were.

And if you caught the WJC you saw whose team prevailed. Parise has more world junior championships than Vanek so he is obviously the better player..... :D

True. Obvious bandwagoner. You can tell he has not been a hockey fan for more than 2 years. :)

Well, it's ridiculous, Parise has a gold medal, so what. Vanek was drafted before Parise and Parise is too small to do anything in the NHL. BTW, I wasn't talking about the past years, I'm talking about this year buddy. Gophers will be in the frozen four.

Where is Vanek's gold medal?? How many people win Gold Medals?? Name one player that plays for the U of M that has a gold medal?? You are a complete idiot. You come onto the board and bash the Sioux and Parise, yet you know absolutely nothing about college hockey. I'm not going to say that Parise is better than Vanek because they are entirely different players. Vanek is a natural goal scorer who gets it done in the offensive zone, Parise plays both ways and gets a lot of his goals from hard work. I could also throw out the fact that Parise has played three less games than Vanek, yet Vanek only has one more point than he does.

The Gopher bandwagon is getting awefully heavy again.....

:D Only 2 words can describe gopher gophs a** hole.

Just My Opinion!

I would not even want to visit other teams sites or post there!

Just goes to show there is so much jealosy of the Sioux and their great tradition and success!

Whatever happens the rest of the year! Go Sioux!

Just a little sidenote. I am a troll and I have been reading this board for a short time without registering as I am a Gopher fan. However, the posts by "Golden Gophs" enraged me enough to post. Just an FYI to all the reasonable Sioux fans out there - that clown in no way represents the whole of the Gopher fans, he's an embarassment and a disgrace. That is all.

Just a little sidenote.  I am a troll and I have been reading this board for a short time without registering as I am a Gopher fan.  However, the posts by "Golden Gophs" enraged me enough to post.  Just an FYI to all the reasonable Sioux fans out there - that clown in no way represents the whole of the Gopher fans, he's an embarassment and a disgrace.  That is all.

I always understood that a "troll" is someone who surfs opposition message boards or threads and posts with the sole purpose to talk smack, berate, and enrage the fanbase of that board or thread.

Just because you happen to be a Gopher fan, D, doesn't mean you are a troll. Greyeagle, WPoS, and sagard are all Gopher fans who frequently post to this board as welcome members. No, they do not root for the Sioux by any means (unless it benefits the Gophers) but they respect our team and that's why they are welcomed here.

Anyone who wishes to give input is welcome to post here. We just ask that you use common sense. Coming onto our site to tell us that we suck is classless. Coming on to our site to say "You lost but don't count yourself out yet. Here is what I saw..." That's different.

We know that not all Gopher fans are idiots. We just don't like those idiots coming onto our board to berate us like that. There are places on the net to do that and this place isn't one of them.

It's not set in stone yet, but that doesn't matter because the gophers are always hot around tournament time anyways. The first half of the season didn't mean s&!t. Well i suppose if they were giving out rings for the first half champs then UND would probably have a handful for the last few years. How is UND's strength of schedule. It's good that they finally play another decent team that is ranked and choke the weekend series away. It's typical. And it's gotta make the team feel pretty good when the head coach can call out Brandt for his play on Friday night and then try and go back to his "big gun" Parise, and he plays even worse. That's pretty solid if you ask me.

My god! Who hired the clown?

Just a little sidenote. I am a troll and I have been reading this board for a short time without registering as I am a Gopher fan. However, the posts by "Golden Gophs" enraged me enough to post. Just an FYI to all the reasonable Sioux fans out there - that clown in no way represents the whole of the Gopher fans, he's an embarassment and a disgrace. That is all.

Thank you. It is posters like you, Greyeagle, Sagard and WPoS who make hockey boards fun rather than a forum to trash talk. :silly: