SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. Air Force - Saturday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Not sure on St.Clair being out either but I did think Murphy played one of his better games last weekend although not sure I would have put him on the Schmaltz line. If that line struggles early I hope Hak makes the quick switch back to Olson on it.

I think that the only way Murph is successful is if he's on a scoring line.  You put a guy like that in the bottom 6 and he is useless.  He doesn't seem to have the energy/grit to play bottom 6.

Thompson > Mattson

Thompson > Ausmus

Thompson > Stetcher

Just my opinion.  I think the debate of who should play on the back end should be between Ausmus, Stetcher and Mattson.

Right now I would try:

Schmatlz-Ladue

Thompson-Poolman

Stetcher-Ausmus

I love the length, scoring ability and two way play of the first two pairing.  The third pairing gives us a combination of physicality in Ausmus with a heady player in Stetcher.  I just don't think Mattson does anything great.  Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but outside of experience what does he bring to the table that the other guys don't?

Thompson > Mattson

Thompson > Ausmus

Thompson > Stetcher

Just my opinion.  I think the debate of who should play on the back end should be between Ausmus, Stetcher and Mattson.

Right now I would try:

Schmatlz-Ladue

Thompson-Poolman

Stetcher-Ausmus

I love the length, scoring ability and two way play of the first two pairing.  The third pairing gives us a combination of physicality in Ausmus with a heady player in Stetcher.  I just don't think Mattson does anything great.  Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but outside of experience what does he bring to the table that the other guys don't?

I also think Keaton will be a better player than Stetcher in the long wrong, if I have mentioned several times, however Stetch is playing really good hockey right now.  I don't see him coming out.

Thompson > Mattson

Thompson > Ausmus

Thompson > Stetcher

Just my opinion. I think the debate of who should play on the back end should be between Ausmus, Stetcher and Mattson.

Right now I would try:

Schmatlz-Ladue

Thompson-Poolman

Stetcher-Ausmus

I love the length, scoring ability and two way play of the first two pairing. The third pairing gives us a combination of physicality in Ausmus with a heady player in Stetcher. I just don't think Mattson does anything great. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but outside of experience what does he bring to the table that the other guys don't?

YES!!!!!