SiouxSports.com Forum

2014-2015 NHL Season

MafiaMan

OMG (beating my head against the wall)... that is exactly the opposite of what I think. CLEARLY you missed my recent post about Steve Downie. Scroll up to post #1009 and then wipe the egg off your face after you're done reading it. A dirty player is a dirty player no matter what team he plays for, as I stated a mere half-hour or so prior to this ignorant post of yours that I am now responding to.

But you defend Ulf Samuelson who had a infamous incident with a Bruin player (I'm sure the Bruin fans on here would gladly refresh you memory on that one) and Matt Cooke, both are dirty players.  

Dirty players instigate fights, that isn't Cooke's style and it wasn't Ulf's style either. Yeah, Ulf had a collision with a Bruins player in the '91 playoffs. Great hit, nothing dirty about it. But that Bruins player (who lacks class and sportsmanship) is still crying about it 20+ years later.

That cheap-shot knee to knee hit where Ulf stuck his knee out at Neely. Ulf is the 2nd dirtiest player all-time in the NHL and the 4th all-time amongst professional athletes. 

No need to try again because I am right. That isn't dirty, dirty is going around instigating fights. What you call running like a chickensh*t I call taking the high road and being above such dirty tactics. Anybody who cries about the way Matt Cooke plays hockey should take up a non-contact sport like badminton. Trying to instigate a fight over it shows poor sportsmanship and a lack of composure.

Running like a bich after you cheap shot someone is taking the high road? That tells me all I need to know. Thanks for playing.

That cheap-shot knee to knee hit where Ulf stuck his knee out at Neely. Ulf is the 2nd dirtiest player all-time in the NHL and the 4th all-time amongst professional athletes.

But it's not a dirty play according to our resident NHL guru :)...you can't make this stuff up.

Dirty players instigate fights, that isn't Cooke's style and it wasn't Ulf's style either. Yeah, Ulf had a collision with a Bruins player in the '91 playoffs. Great hit, nothing dirty about it. But that Bruins player (who lacks class and sportsmanship) is still crying about it 20+ years later.

Cooke and Ulfie are turtles. 

It isn't running like a bitch, it is holding one's self above such neanderthal behavior. The fact that you think of it as running like a bitch tells me all I need to know about you. And the contact to the body within the context of making a hockey play isn't the cheap shot, the cheap shot is the fist to the face outside of the context of making a hockey play.

Not talking about hockey plays...talking about hitting someone who can't defend themselves and then running away...that's ok, I didn't expect you to understand

Okay, enlighten me, Mr. Know-it-all... who was hit when unable to defend himself and in what context? I'll be anxiously awaiting your answer. :glare:

Queue up any of the Matt Cooke hits that lead to his many suspensions. Start with Savard and work your way to Tyson Barrie. You should be done by tomorrow.

Savard should have kept his head up, hockey is a contact sport. Unless Cooke dropped his gloves and punched Savard in the face you have no right to whine about anything. Still waiting for you to give an example of where a player was unable to defend himself. Please stop making such foolish arguments and try to come up with something of substance for once in your life.

Ok Dave...don't ever change.