SiouxSports.com Forum

Future UND/ Bison football Game

Dagger

Second game.

Many came from father out. I personally know people who came from IA, MI, WI, MASS,WA, OR and FLA.

I sat right next to a former UND fb player that said after the game "that was more fun than beating the Bison"! And coming from him that tells you that blood is thicker than water! :)

This year. But you knew that. Then we play The University of Iowa Hawkeyes in 2016.

Have fun in Laramie. WY is a great state. Was out there last year on an elk hunt out of Cody. Cant wait to go back.

Wyoming is a great State, but it should be conserved as a hunting preserve, for All to enjoy!

Wyoming is a great State, but it should be conserved as a hunting preserve, for All to enjoy!

Yes it is tough to get hunting tags out there. The drive from Cody to Yellowstone is more than majestic. WOW doesnt do it justice.

This year. But you knew that. Then we play The University of Iowa Hawkeyes in 2016.

Have fun in Laramie. WY is a great state. Was out there last year on an elk hunt out of Cody. Cant wait to go back.

I got my master's there. Love UW and UND. Never been to Cody. Heard that the place to go is the Silver Dollar there..

A Montana U fan and a Minnesota Gopher fan were driving down a road together when they saw a sheep with it's head caught in the fence!

The Montana U fan immediately jumps out of the vehicle and has his way with the sheep. When he finishes he yells back at the Minnesota Gopher fan "Do you want any part of this?"

The Minnesota Gopher fan yells back "I would but I don't think my head will fit in the fence!" :bigsmile:

The silver dollar is ok. Cassies has much better food along with the Wyoming Rib and Chop House.

Silver Dollar has the best burgers. Cassie's is a former brothel, maybe still is. Wyoming Rib and Chop House is tops! Wyoming is basically a closed society with the power in the hands of a relatively small number of families.

NDSU has all the trump cards right now.and the vast majority of the Bison fan base is totally ambivalent about a game. If the Bison fans cared, it would happen. NDSU needs home games and UND absolutely does not need to be playing the Bison in Fargo repeatedly. So, there is not going to be a game for a long while. Enough on this tired topic.

This person is not really a human being. He donated his heart to Darth Vader Cheney! Either he received Cheney's old one or he is a cyborg.

As farfetched as this may appear, just observe closely on his posts. It will not take much to reach a similar conclusion! To bad he doesn't have some of Al Simpson's common sense.

A Montana U fan and a Minnesota Gopher fan were driving down a road together when they saw a sheep with it's head caught in the fence!

The Montana U fan immediately jumps out of the vehicle and has his way with the sheep. When he finishes he yells back at the Minnesota Gopher fan "Do you want any part of this?"

The Minnesota Gopher fan yells back "I would but I don't think my head will fit in the fence!" :bigsmile:

That's a great story! And no doubt true...but you forgot the ending, where the sheep takes off its disguise to reveal its true identity; Bob Entzion.

• Upvote 2

That's a great story! And no doubt true...but you forgot the ending, where the sheep takes off its disguise to reveal its true identity; Bob Entzion.

The urban legend is that Entzion who obtained his undergrad degree from Moorhead State, was actually a double agent for the golden goofers. He obtained one of his graduate degrees from UND and the other from USD. He was then planted as an employee at NDSU to undertake efforts to stymie the progress of the entire North Central Conference at that time. Minnesota feared rising strength in the west and he left his indelible mark without question. There was zero movement to Division 1 among NCC schools in the Dakotas while he was an AD at NDSU. Rumor has it that he is living in the Arrowhead of Minnesota.

The urban legend is that Entzion who obtained his undergrad degree from Moorhead State, was actually a double agent for the golden goofers. He obtained one of his graduate degrees from UND and the other from USD. He was then planted as an employee at NDSU to undertake efforts to stymie the progress of the entire North Central Conference at that time. Minnesota feared rising strength in the west and he left his indelible mark without question. There was zero movement to Division 1 among NCC schools in the Dakotas while he was an AD at NDSU. Rumor has it that he is living in the Arrowhead of Minnesota and serving as an agent for Jason Collins and Michael Sam.

The NCC should have become a D-IAA conference years ago. Imagine the rivalry with the BSC they could have created!

What a waste...

The NCC should have become a D-IAA conference years ago. Imagine the rivalry with the BSC they could have created!

What a waste...

Great premise for continued discussion, there was a structural, cultural, and dysfunctional nature to some of our so called leadership in higher ed, back in the day. What's new you say!

Another time, but thanks for opening the door. Maybe a whole new thread, but as for me gotta run!

Great premise for continued discussion, there was a structural, cultural, and dysfunctional nature to some of our so called leadership in higher ed, back in the day. What's new you say!

Another time, but thanks for opening the door. Maybe a whole new thread, but as for me gotta run!

Yeah, but hindsight is 20/20. We probably should focus on what can be done now. However, when discussing D-II glory of past, I just think about the schools that we competed with to win, not to mention the schools that the University of Agriculture and Applied Science competed with for their D-II championships. Good to win, but put it into perspective...

Yeah, but hindsight is 20/20. We probably should focus on what can be done now. However, when discussing D-II glory of past, I just think about the schools that we competed with to win, not to mention the schools that the University of Agriculture and Applied Science competed with for their D-II championships. Good to win, but put it into perspective...

Ive always felt that if you win a championship its a hell of an accomplishment regardless of the division.

As far as what can be done now is be proactive and be ready to make a move when the Big5 shake up happens.

Ive always felt that if you win a championship its a hell of an accomplishment regardless of the division.

As far as what can be done now is be proactive and be ready to make a move when the Big5 shake up happens.

I agree with you on both counts. However, I don't feel we (FU and UND) should have been D-II for so many years. It was cowardly, (not on the athlete's part, but the respective administrations.) IMHO.

As far as the Big 5...ouch...there is going to be a lot of jockeying when that happens.

I agree with you on both counts. However, I don't feel we (FU and UND) should have been D-II for so many years. It was cowardly, (not on the athlete's part, but the respective administrations.) IMHO.

As far as the Big 5...ouch...there is going to be a lot of jockeying when that happens.

Back in the late 60's and early 70's UND had a strong President in Tom Clifford and a weak AD(no names will be mentioned) and NDSU had a weak president(again no names mentioned) and a strong AD in Ron Erhardt, who was also the Head FB Coach. If we would have had more visionary people like that the purgatory of D-2 would have ended long ago. Murray Warmath, Minnesota fb coach, once stated in 1969 that he was glad he didn't have NDSU on the gopher schedule. May the souls of Tom Clifford and Ron Erhardt RIP!

Back in the late 60's and early 70's UND had a strong President in Tom Clifford and a weak AD(no names will be mentioned) and NDSU had a weak president(again no names mentioned) and a strong AD in Ron Erhardt, who was also the Head FB Coach. If we would have had more visionary people like that the purgatory of D-2 would have ended long ago. Murray Warmath, Minnesota fb coach, once stated in 1969 that he was glad he didn't have NDSU on the gopher schedule. May the souls of Tom Clifford and Ron Erhardt RIP!

Agreed.

Agree with you both. Too many years of missed opportunities.

I will go so far to say that Bob Entzion and Roger Thomas, in more recent times, along with their respective campus presidents literally held back the hands of time and progress for the entire NCC. Their background, comfort level, and big picture vision stopped at the boundaries of Division 2.

Joe Chapman, like all of us, was far from perfect but I am convinced that if he would have landed in Grand Forks instead of Fargo the roles of what happened would probably be reversed.

He always saw where you should be instead of where you are. For many of us that is one hell of a divide!

Agree with you both. Too many years of missed opportunities.

I will go so far to say that Bob Entzion and Roger Thomas, in more recent times, along with their respective campus presidents literally held back the hands of time and progress for the entire NCC. Their background, comfort level, and big picture vision stopped at the boundaries of Division 2.

Joe Chapman, like all of us, was far from perfect but I am convinced that if he would have landed in Grand Forks instead of Fargo the roles of what happened would probably be reversed.

He always saw where you should be instead of where you are. For many of us that is one hell of a divide!

There is no DI-AA, there is only DI. You are playing for the same championship as every other DI school in every sport except football. Even in football at the FCS level, the spending is way more than DII. The only schools in the NCC that could afford to be DI are the Dakotas. The rest would need to restructure to be DI, look at UNO. Someone finally had the balls the leave the NCC, and that was Chapman.