SiouxSports.com Forum

The Ralph Engelstad Arena Experience: A UND Hockey Timelapse in 4K.

Tyler Ingham

Hello all,

I would like to share the REA video timelapse I created. I squeezed the REA experience down into an 8 minute video. It is a little long as I was stubborn with cutting out footage. I would be happy to answer any questions. Best student section in college hockey, I would say so. Oh, and due to the music I used, you can't view this on mobile devices. Sorry about that. The video was uploaded in 4K. I would suggest using that option even if you have a 1080p screen as the video gets played in a higher bitrate than if you clicked 1080p. Spent hour and hours on this so figured I would market it a bit and get it out there. Enjoy.

• Upvote 4

Wow!! Very very nicely done Tyler. It is great to see something like this as a tribute to the arena, the program, and all who are associated with it.

A very nice breath of fresh air from much of the tripe that clutters many of the pages of siouxsports.com these days. You planning to go into the film industry? A school project? Or just a labor of love born out of your long standing affection for North Dakota Hockey, the Ralph Engelstad Arena, and the lasting legacy that is The Fighting Sioux??

Now, off to peruse the insidiously insipid tripe that is no doubt still raging across the forum. No doubt, most folks are in from the ledges, at least for today. All of the naysayers should be cleaning their rooms, lest their momma get angry with them. The bandwagon that separately follows The Faith Train is rapidly filling up with the half-a-hearts who sometimes call themselves North Dakota hockey fans . . . . . At least when it is convenient for them to do so. The Hak Haters are running for the hills, but rearming themselves just in case the boys do not get the job done. Don't need any of those folks in the foxholes of life.

Off to Philly in search of Number 8. I said it long ago, and I'll say it again. This team, and this season, is special. For many reasons, very few of which are important to most of the folks on this forum. It is time.

Well done. Thanks for sharing. Long Live the Fighting Sioux of North Dakota U!!!

My mistake Tyler. I see you list yourself as a sports photographer. Very cool. Enjoy the ride. Probably one of the most satisfying professions in all of the land for those folks who have the skill and the passion to chase it. Have fun. Keep the hockey shots coming. Welcome to the board.

A great page on The Facebook ;) too!! Following you. Naturally, I have lots of influential friends there. Or not.

A very nice breath of fresh air from much of the tripe that clutters many of the pages of siouxsports.com these days. You planning to go into the film industry? A school project?

Got tired of taking the same old photos every weekend and decided to do something different. :)

Very cool work Tyler!

Btw, this video played just fine on my iPhone.

Seemed to play fine on iphone youtube app. Not iPad though or Android. YMMV. Thanks guys.

Great work. A reminder of how quickly a season can pass. Ours isn't done yet, though.

It's a 24-hour drive from Grand Forks to Philly. It took the boys 7 months to get there. A long road with many a winding turn. The team is battle-tested and battle-hardened. Two wins away from #8. We're in it; let's win it.

A spectacular video in every way. Now if you could only enhance it with the smell of cinnamon almonds, hops, and hot dog condiments you would have some product!

The last shot (wide shot of the interior of the Ralph with a spotlight illuminated) -- is that for sale or even as a desktop wallpaper? That is spectacular.

PM me if you would like.