SiouxSports.com Forum

Jake Brandt

SIOUXELEVENS

Of course unless we know people personally close to him...there cannot be any speculation that he wont play...he won last weekend. has anyone noticed if on teh regular rotation if jordan plays one particular day..or vice versa.? just wonderin in blais had them playin specific nights of a series.

Maybe Jake is going to try find the author of the INCH article that made fun of him for the pull tabs and CB calling the USHL for a goalie. He may then be going to find a good Super Bowl party. Another option is that he got frostbite on his hands from the cold weather. Maybe they want to give Ziggy a chance. Lastly, maybe it was meant that Brandt wouldn't be playing the odds in his bet on the Super Bowl. :)

Jake was dressed and took shots in warmups. He stayed on the bench for the game, however. Blais said after the game that J. Parise has been playing well and he wanted to get him back in after the loss to Minnesota. He also said that Parise would probably start Saturday night.

Hope to see you in net soon Jake, whatever is keeping you out I hope it is resolved soon, best of luck!

I have always thought Jake was better than Jordan. Tonight was probably Jordan's best night. He looked really comfortable and didn't make any mistakes. It almost made me forget how bad he looked on his dive last week. :)

I heard PCM knows the true story about Brandt and is selling it for $19.95.

I have always thought Jake was better than Jordan. Tonight was probably Jordan's best night. He looked really comfortable and didn't make any mistakes. It almost made me forget how bad he looked on his dive last week. :)

I heard PCM knows the true story about Brandt and is selling it for $19.95.

I thought this was one of JPar's best games too, but Jake has also been playing well...besides Dean has always said that Jake is the number 1. Oh, well I guess only time will tell...

$19.95?! that's about 4 pizzas...too pricy for me ;)

Tim Hennessey said tonight during the pregame that Jake did not play well during practice on wednesday and thursday and that was why he did not start. After it was all said and done I think that Jordan may have salvaged a tie in the game on saturday. He played outstanding.

Blais said after the game Saturday that he expects Brandt to start at Wisconsin because he has more experience in that type of hostile environment.

Did you know that in his last four starts, Jordan Parise has given up just four goals and has a .965 save percentage? That could have something to do with why Brandt's not playing.

Yes, apparently Blais was not happy with some practices this week for Jake. It's unfortunate, I still say Jake deserves at least one of the nights, maybe two....he's the more experienced!

Hats off to Jordan tonight, made some outstanding saves....and quite possibly salvaged the tie!

Blais said after the game Saturday that he expects Brandt to start at Wisconsin because he has more experience in that type of hostile environment.

Did you know that in his last four starts, Jordan Parise has given up just four goals and has a .965 save percentage? That could have something to do with why Brandt's not playing.

From what I've read on these boards and from what I see on the ice, I am really starting to become a big JPar fan. His worth ethic is outstanding. Wasn't JPar recruited after both Ziggy and Lammy?

Jordan's save percentage of the last few games makes me realize that, if he is only going to get better, or even just stays how he is, he'll be a solid DI goaltender. He was the only exciting part of Saturday's game after Zach's goal.

I HATE HATE HATE TIES! :) Bring in Shootouts!

My own opinion on the matter is that there is nothing "going on" with Brandt as some have implied above. Here's my perception of the situation:

Back during the Tech series, I think, Blais said he was going to give Jake the chance to take over the #1 slot. He played ok, but not great in the Friday night game. Had he played great I think Blais was going to play him the next night. Instead, Parise got the nod and shut out Tech.

The next weekend both Jake and Jordan played well at MN. Very evenly. Now Parise was starting to put consecutive weeks of excellent games.

Parise plays Friday against Denver and looked great again. Add that to a week of excellent practice and I think Blais decided to see if he could do it back to back, which he did.

Basically, I believe Blais is looking for one guy to rise to the top, to be the go-to guy down the stretch (can I use any more cliches?). My guess is Jordan might be locking that up right now, and Jake will be the guy spelling Jordan from time to time.

That's my guess. But who cares, we got a couple of guys playing very well right now in nets, and that's something Sioux fans can smile about.

:)

Jake had a bad week of practice, so he didn't play this weekend.......I know he is frustrated because of it.......

What game(s) has he not played well in? He beats MN, beats SCSU.........Jake is not in the shadows of Jordan! I say Jake plays Friday night vs. WI, and if he plays well, I'd play him again the next night.