SiouxSports.com Forum

UND parking for students

nodak651

You should get refunded per day you don't get to use the lot.

To clarify, if you spend the $300, you are guaranteed to get a ramp spot. The problem is that they don't sell all of the ramp passes so there are wasted parking spaces that are left empty.

They also leave empty spots for paying buy the hour, which they don't let S pass people use, even if those spots are empty.

To clarify, if you spend the $300, you are guaranteed to get a ramp spot. The problem is that they don't sell all of the ramp passes so there are wasted parking spaces that are left empty.

They also leave empty spots for paying buy the hour, which they don't let S pass people use, even if those spots are empty.

There is not a guarantee that you will get a spot.

I have a blue. Pretty sure the grey ramp passes guarantee a spot because they cost an extra $145.

More info:

"Daily, there are 230 student spaces available in the UND Parking Ramp for "S" permit holders. It is open to anyone for "Pay-as-you-go Parking" 24 hours a day. Overnight parking between the hours of midnight and 5:00 am is prohibited for A, S or H permits and General parking spaces.

Reserved Ramp Permits (RCA) for staff or faculty are also valid in surface "A" (red) and "A/S/H" (brown) lots. Reserved Ramp Permits (RCS) for students are also valid in surface "S" (blue), "A/S/H" (brown), and "H" (green) lots."

You must be trolling. If not, elaborate. I'm dying to know how showing up an hour and fifteen minutes before class makes me lazy.

Get there by 8 and there is a lot of parking available. Getting there after 9:00 when the ramp is always full you whine. You could have bought a gray permit and had a spot. You gambled and you lost by buying a blue permit. For 4 dollars a week more you would have had a spot. If you would have pulled up to the ramp at 10:00 you most likely would have gotten a spot. You are the one who came here whining they could not get a spot when they wanted it. Such is life. Find another spot to park in.
  • Upvote 1

Get there by 8 and there is a lot of parking available. Getting there after 9:00 when the ramp is always full you whine. You could have bought a gray permit and had a spot. You gambled and you lost by buying a blue permit. For 4 dollars a week more you would have had a spot. If you would have pulled up to the ramp at 10:00 you most likely would have gotten a spot. You are the one who came here whining they could not get a spot when they wanted it. Such is life. Find another spot to park in.

The point wasn't that I didn't get a spot to park. It was that there are WASTED spots in the ramp that AREN'T BEING USED. Students pay for the $7million dollar parking ramp through student fees and jacked up parking fees, yet they don't fill the ramp.

FYI: I obveously parked in another spot on campus.

Parking passes were $45 my freshman year and $145 my senior year..... all thanks to that stupid parking ramp located on the wrong side of campus.

I never thought it should have been built to start with. Even at $45 that really was lower than it should have been. How is it on the wrong side of campus? Where else should it have gone?

Could have built a bigger and cheaper one behind Achives Coffee House. More centralized location, closer to the Ralph, bigger footprint.

Student Gov't surveyed the students last week:

Q2. Do you consider parking availability at UND to be satisfactory or unsatisfactory?

Satisfactory: 13.17%, 171 respondents

Unsatisfactory: 82.43%, 1070 respondents

N/A: 4.39%, 57 respondents

• Upvote 1

Could have built a bigger and cheaper one behind Achives Coffee House. More centralized location, closer to the Ralph, bigger footprint.

Student Gov't surveyed the students last week:

Q2. Do you consider parking availability at UND to be satisfactory or unsatisfactory?

Satisfactory: 13.17%, 171 respondents

Unsatisfactory: 82.43%, 1070 respondents

N/A: 4.39%, 57 respondents

How?

How what?!

Your claim. As for your poll the responses came from kids who never had to walk anywhere in their lives. There is plenty of parking. It just is not at the front door. How far did you live from school and did you walk, bus, or get a ride. There is no lot further from a building than we had to walk to school everyday. Most are a lot closer.

The committee did look at building a ramp in that spot, but the ground isn't stable enough to support the structure and the roads surrounding it would have had to be majorly modified to accommodate the additional traffic.

Which would later translate to higher building costs and higher permit costs...

The committee did look at building a ramp in that spot, but the ground isn't stable enough to support the structure and the roads surrounding it would have had to be majorly modified to accommodate the additional traffic.

Which would later translate to higher building costs and higher permit costs...

Would have been better off doing that than building a useless cross walk.