SiouxSports.com Forum

Trans-Canada pipeline rupture

The Sicatoka

Well, it's worse than I thought. Seems the explosion of one line may have damaged the other two that run parallel.

Xcel is asking customers to limit gas usage (60 degree thermostats and no gas appliances).

And, of course this happens with 30+ mph winds and projected -20 to -30 temperatures the next two nights.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/424751/

Not that this is any comfort, but I have some advice. This comes from my own experience when the gas line in mandan ruptured. We didn't have any gas to use so it was also bad. I went to the local large box and bought electric heaters. I used 3 electric heaters, one radiator and 2 oscillating radiant heaters. That was enough to keep the house temp up in the 60's. Do not use propane or any type of gas burning heater in home unless it is rated safe for indoor use. I am praying for all of you to have this taken care of as expedient as possible.

Well, it's worse than I thought. Seems the explosion of one line may have damaged the other two that run parallel.

Xcel is asking customers to limit gas usage (60 degree thermostats and no gas appliances).

And, of course this happens with 30+ mph winds and projected -20 to -30 temperatures the next two nights.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/424751/

The problem is that people don't, or won't, heed this recommendation. There is more uproar due to getting the call at midnight than the actual message. Also lots of "I'm leaving my thermostat where I want to. They won't run out if gas". But... What if they DO? Oh, and can't forget the conspiracy angle with people blaming the government.

Flip on the wind mills and shovel off the solar panels.

The wind mills that were in auto shut-down because the wind was too strong? Yes, the shut down when the wind is too strong (to prevent damage).

And it was overcast.

This is a bad scenario: Limited natural gas in the middle of a nasty January cold snap.

The wind mills that were in auto shut-down because the wind was too strong? Yes, the shut down when the wind is too strong (to prevent damage).

And it was overcast.

This is a bad scenario: Limited natural gas in the middle of a nasty January cold snap.

Sarcasm.

But sources like oil and coal that will run out eventually, and that burst out of pipelines and degrade the environment and cause people to turn the temp down to 60 when it's -30 outside are perfect solutions, right?

good stuff.

As opposed to giant windmill farms killing birds by the thousands? That sounds healthy for the environment.