SiouxSports.com Forum

SUU @ UND (1/2)

SWSiouxMN

UND 1, that means with your negative comments they go 22-8? Riiiight! You know so much about basketball, which is whuy you comments have so much weight. (Sarcasm there)

Once again, your right. I should be happy with that effort last night and the fact they were able to beat Southern Utah with a late rally, at home. Hopefully, there are more efforts like that to come the rest of the season.

• Upvote 1

Right - and that attitude is why they go 16-16 every year. Hopefully, they are able to snatch up a CIT bid again.

I'm not big on sugar coating things when they're bad, but the negativity was thick last year, too, at times, and in the subsequent years when UND was finishing .500 ... so which is it? Is it the negativity or the silver-lining seekers that are pulling this team down below their potential? Truth is it is neither and we message board know-it-alls simply don't have the sway that we imagine we do. It sure is fun, though! :)

• Upvote 1

I'm not big on sugar coating things when they're bad, but the negativity was thick last year, too, at times, and in the subsequent years when UND was finishing .500 ... so which is it? Is it the negativity or the silver-lining seekers that are pulling this team down below their potential? Truth is it is neither and we message board know-it-alls simply don't have the sway that we imagine we do. It sure is fun, though! :)

My saying that 'attitude' on a message board is why they go 16-16 obviously does not directly affect their play and their record. Was more of a reflection of the results I have seen, tied to their record. They seem to be extremely complacent and basically put they do not improve. Can we point to anything showing they have gotten better in the past three seasons? Seems like one step forward -one step back.

Honestly the spread means nothing and who sets the spread? We beat the spread against Wisconsin, Oregon and Butler and that got us 3 loses. We didn't beat the spread against Southern Utah and we got a win. I will take the win no matter what even if we played poorly.

I meant that in more of a tongue in cheek comment about that when the ref made the call at the end

My saying that 'attitude' on a message board is why they go 16-16 obviously does not directly affect their play and their record. Was more of a reflection of the results I have seen, tied to their record. They seem to be extremely complacent and basically put they do not improve. Can we point to anything showing they have gotten better in the past three seasons? Seems like one step forward -one step back.

No. But I will reserve overall judgment until March. I'm wondering if it is even possible for Brekke to petition for some kind of a medical hardship waiver or if that ship has already sailed. I am so bad at knowing the ins and outs of all these NCAA red-shirting policies, etc.