SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

Envy sure carries a lot of hate.

My graduate school is the University of Wyoming.

Do you know why Bohl left the University of Agriculture and Applied Science?

Let me give you over a MILLION reasons...all in the form of dollar signs.

The sheep shearers at the ag school may think they are FBS. But, they are FCS. A lower division with fewer resources.

Bohl was bought by UW because...they can.

I hope he steals every single FBS level player even thinking of going to FU!

I don't know why I even say "I hope"? He's a Cowboy now. He just will.

Because..he can!

:lol:

• Upvote 3

I wonder how long it will take him to steal the Quarterback and wide receiver commit from Moooo U?

Big question for the Pokes is if Brett Smith, the star QB and easily the best player on offense will come back for his senior year. They have a QB in the wings that is said to have a stronger arm than Smith. Smith was mismanaged this past year.

Pokes need a couple of good RB's, lineman, and good linebackers. More importantly, they need good coaching. This next year will be interesting for both UND and Wyoming.

Big question for the Pokes is if Brett Smith, the star QB and easily the best player on offense will come back for his senior year. They have a QB in the wings that is said to have a stronger arm than Smith. Smith was mismanaged this past year.

Pokes need a couple of good RB's, lineman, and good linebackers. More importantly, they need good coaching. This next year will be interesting for both UND and Wyoming.

So who are you cheering for in 2015....UND @ Wyoming.

So who are you cheering for in 2015....UND @ Wyoming.

I'll be there at War Memorial. You guys should come down. Laramie is a nice college town and the stadium is old, but nice. You'll be treated well in Laramie.

I'll cheer UND. Gotta go with the undergrad school. Plus, raised in North Dakota...so gotta pull for your roots.

My turn to go into the Cowboy Joe tent with the opponents gear on!

The sheep shearers at the ag school may think they are FBS. But, they are FCS. A lower division with fewer resources.

Because..he can!

Because..he can!

I'm actually very happy for coach Bohl. In order for him to make Wyomig over pay like it did it means he had to be very successful (see Championships) at NDSU). I'm sure you'll be ok with him leaving in 4-5 years for more money if he has success there (see BWW bowl).

Lol

I'm actually very happy for coach Bohl. In order for him to make Wyomig over pay like it did it means he had to be very successful (see Championships) at NDSU). I'm sure you'll be ok with him leaving in 4-5 years for more money if he has success there (see BWW bowl).

Lol

Absolutely. That's a tradition at UW. Usually to Nebraska. Why? They pay more. They have more tradition.

You see, that's the way it works in the real world. Nebraska>Wyoming>the University of Agriculture and Applied Science.

But, don't fool yourself. They'll run him out on a rail if he doesn't succeed. FCS sub division championships do not guarantee success at the FBS level.

Two words: Joe Glenn. Yeah, he had subdivision championships also. Now, he's back at the subdivision.

Tradition now that's funny

Oh and you forgot U of AG and Applied Sciences > -ND

That's how it IS in the real world :)

Tradition right???

Yup. 62-45-3. Gee, you'd think they 'd want to chip away at that lead with their strong team right now?

Also, FBS programs don't care about subdivision championships.

Wyoming has been to and won many bowl games. (I hope we get to call them "Bohl Games" in the near future.) They've won 100's of games at the highest level of college football.

The University of Agriculture and Applied Science has won...7.

Whoop de frickin' do!

UW bought Coach Bohl. FU couldn't afford to keep him.

That's what FBS schools do. Because of $$$ and tradition.

They have both in spades over FU. Enjoy the subdivision championship you'll win on that soccer field. It may be awhile before you get another subdivision championship banner.

BTW, did that last one end up in Fargo or Grand Forks?

Yup. 62-45-3. Gee, you'd think they 'd want to chip away at that lead with their strong team right now?

I'll take championships any day 10 MUCH > 1 overall and 2 (probably 3) > than zero

Also, FBS programs don't care about subdivision championships.

Just minor,league bowl games, which has been how long ago???

Wyoming has been to and won many bowl games. (I hope we get to call them "Bohl Games" in the near future.) They've won 100's of games at the highest level of college football.

I would hope so they've been playing for along time right???? Would make sense EDIT: maybe not 486 wins 520 losses and 28 ties (484 Win% ). Now that's owning the highest level of college football ;). Also an amazing 13 bowl games with 6 whole victories. Now that's a winning tradition to be proud of :)

The University of Agriculture and Applied Science has won...7.

7 more than -ND and on a % basis better than Wyoming

Whoop de frickin' do!

Being a below average team like Wyoming. Exactly!!!

UW bought Coach Bohl. FU couldn't afford to keep him.

And over paid to do it. Once again VERY happy that coach Bohl was able to get his due at their expense.

That's what FBS schools do. Because of $$$ and tradition.

They have both in spades over FU. Enjoy the subdivision championship you'll win on that soccer field. It may be awhile before you get another subdivision championship banner.

Not as long as it will be for -ND or is it GFU?

BTW, did that last one end up in Fargo or Grand Forks?

It's there this week. Go see it At the Bison practice.

:lol: Exactly!!!!

This is fun and on second thought they should have paid Bohl more to turn this mess around

This is fun

Do you know what is really fun to think about.

Wyoming, a low end FBS program can buy a guy like Bohl.

Why?

Because even a low end FBS program can buy subdivision champion coaches.

Kind of puts those "championships" into perspective, doesn't it? :lol:

(Hey, if you want to see that soccer stadium fill up, wait until team America out of DF comes to play FCS Dallas!)

• Upvote 1

I'll be there at War Memorial. You guys should come down. Laramie is a nice college town and the stadium is old, but nice. You'll be treated well in Laramie.

I'll cheer UND. Gotta go with the undergrad school. Plus, raised in North Dakota...so gotta pull for your roots.

My turn to go into the Cowboy Joe tent with the opponents gear on!

I'd love to go, my ( and my wife's) former roommate and her husband lives in Casper so we would visit them too. Our daughter will start Kindergarten in 2015 so I would have to wait and see if the dates work. The country out there is beautiful, a lot better than seeing flat farmland everywhere.

Do you know what is really fun to think about.

Wyoming, a low end FBS program can buy a guy like Bohl.

Why?

Because even a low end FBS program can buy subdivision champion coaches.

Kind of puts those "championships" into perspective, doesn't it? :lol:

(Hey, if you want to see that soccer stadium fill up, wait until team America out of DF comes to play FCS Dallas!)

Remember Bohl also chose the glitz and glammer of Laramie over Fargo - the reality is football is all FU has left and UND just hired the coach whose defense beat them the last time they played.
  • Upvote 1

I'd love to go, my ( and my wife's) former roommate and her husband lives in Casper so we would visit them too. Our daughter will start Kindergarten in 2015 so I would have to wait and see if the dates work. The country out there is beautiful, a lot better than seeing flat farmland everywhere.

Laramie is pretty far from Casper, but you can stop on the way up or down. It is nice. I always make sure I drive through Wyoming on my way to North Dakota. I enjoy going up through the Black HIlls then north through Bell Fourche.

Remember Bohl also chose the glitz and glammer of Laramie over Fargo - the reality is football is all FU has left and UND just hired the coach whose defense beat them the last time they played.

Um as the Duker says he took the money and were all trembling about something that happened a decade ago at GFU ;)

Laramie is a nice town. (No BestBuy!) Not far from Denver. Plus, he can get away from the lunatic fringe fans of the University of Agriculture and Applied Science!