SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD - Friday Gameday

AZSIOUX

Alright, took my deep breath.....thoughts:

~Listening to post game interviews they're talking about UND only playing 55 minutes.....boy I'd say it was more like 45 minutes or so.

~Nothing Zane could do on any of the goals. All goals were defensive breakdowns. Thought he was solid.

~I thought SCSU's defense would be a little softer without Jensen, but they seem like they didn't miss a beat without him. Very tough in their own end.

~I'm glad that UND didn't tie the game at the end. Did not deserve any points or chance for points while SCSU was the more inspired team.

~I think we all know who needs to watch in a suite tomorrow evening.

Is it true that UND employs the radio announcers? If so, it's no wonder Hennessy carries water for the team.

One thing though. what the hell is MitchMac doing on the powerplay? I don't often question coaches but i didn't realize he was playing until midway thru the second period

What power play? Saw them skate around for 2 minutes a couple of times but that's about it.

in this i assume raw=young? that doesn't constitute their coaching being better than UND's.

Motzko is a great coach, he pulled in vanek at um which pretty much won two nattys, I would say he has out coached Hak. Given the opportunities our university would bring I would think he would do just fine coaching a similar program as ours.

in this i assume raw=young? that doesn't constitute their coaching being better than UND's.

Another sore spot with me is the "young" label. UND has 11 upperclassmen. That has to be average among college teams. The "young" label just means the coaches have not done a great job of landing players at UND lately, which is why I suspect Eades was let go. However, in all fairness, this is not a "young" team.

The coaching staff knows much more than I ever will about the game. Three guys who all played at the college level, and some NHL experience in there as well.

But I have absolutely no idea what they see in #25. And why you have guys like #17 and #11 sitting in the stands watching.

I'll walk away from the edge, and have faith that this team will get better as the months progress, as they have every year.

Alright, took my deep breath.....thoughts:

~Listening to post game interviews they're talking about UND only playing 55 minutes.....boy I'd say it was more like 45 minutes or so.

~Nothing Zane could do on any of the goals. All goals were defensive breakdowns. Thought he was solid.

~I thought SCSU's defense would be a little softer without Jensen, but they seem like they didn't miss a beat without him. Very tough in their own end.

~I'm glad that UND didn't tie the game at the end. Did not deserve any points or chance for points while SCSU was the more inspired team.

~I think we all know who needs to watch in a suite tomorrow evening.

Is the correct answer to #5 Schmaltz?

Another sore spot with me is the "young" label. UND has 11 upperclassmen. That has to be average among college teams. The "young" label just means the coaches have not done a great job of landing players at UND lately, which is why I suspect Eades was let go. However, in all fairness, this is not a "young" team.

I'm not using this as an excuse by any means but our team is young bud.

Hak usually takes until the Christmas break to get his teams rolling. The season is far too young to worry too much. We just CANNOT get swept by the Huskies. Nope.

If they play as poorly as tonight , they get swept. Plain and simple - got outperformed. A shame, really.

Well this is stupid. Young is having a boat load of freshman, sorry that's a sore spot for you. Having 3 seniors means that the team isn't "old". There are a lot of young players playing key roles. Also, Eades wasn't let go because of results on the ice

I just don't see enough firepower with this group this year - I feel the defense will mold into a great group but I don't see a lot of scorers. I am also somewhat disappointed that we are in the second year of this goalie tandem and neither one has stepped foreward to be the guy (even though Gothberg seems to have the edge).

I just don't see enough firepower with this group this year - I feel the defense will mold into a great group but I don't see a lot of scorers. I am also somewhat disappointed that we are in the second year of this goalie tandem and neither one has stepped foreward to be the guy (even though Gothberg seems to have the edge).

??? Beside the Saturday Miami game gothberg has been fine. The problem has been with our lineup/line combinations.

Well this is stupid. Young is having a boat load of freshman, sorry that's a sore spot for you. Having 3 seniors means that the team isn't "old". There are a lot of young players playing key roles. Also, Eades wasn't let go because of results on the ice

I'm not going to get sucked into an argument with anyone. However, the idea that UND is "young" is a fantasy. Almost all of the freshmen may be playing every night, but that just means that the recruiting in recent years was a bust. But, that does not erase the fact that UND has 11 upper classmen, most of whom are playing nightly.

I'm not going to get sucked into an argument with anyone. However, the idea that UND is "young" is a fantasy. Almost all of the freshmen may be playing every night, but that just means that the recruiting in recent years was a bust. But, that does not erase the fact that UND has 11 upper classmen, most of whom are playing nightly.

Like Rodwell? Panzarella? Saunders? 3 of those upperclassmen don't play. It is your statement that is a fantasy, not mine.

And recruit wise? Blame the coaches for Matteau and Miller not keeping their word? sure seems fair, why not

Edited by siouxhockeyfan11