SiouxSports.com Forum

Elsewhere in the WCHA

PCM

Seawolves score on a power play goal by Glencross. It's 5-3 UAA in the 2nd at 13:18.

Fournier is having a pretty good game. Coole replaced Boron in the second period. The Seawolves have scored two on him this period.

Thanks PCM. I'm really hoping UAA holds on and the Dogs can vault into 2nd!!

The Seawolves seemed to have it under control with a 1-0 lead about half way through the third period. Then their defense just fell apart and gave up four goals in quick succession. I'd like to see UAA get the win tonight, too.

I am wondering how far JBSU would drop in the PWR if they lose to UAA. I don't think they will drop lower than UMD with just this loss, but you never know. I can't stay up and wait for the end of the UAA game. Goodnight all! Thanks for the update!!

I wouldn't be too nervous about next weeks game. Mankato played absolutely terrible. The Gophers are playing very well, but the Mavs looked like crap all weekend. UND is playing well right now too and you know they'll be up and ready for the games.

UAA is up 5-3 after the 2nd

Third period is underway between UAA and SCSU.

Seawolves kill the penalty. Back to 5-on-5.

SCSU back on the power play. UAA kills it. 14:14 left. Still 5-3 UAA.

10:43 left in the game. UAA leads 5-3.

Mankato played absolutely terrible. The Gophers are playing very well, but the Mavs looked like crap all weekend. UND is playing well right now too and you know they'll be up and ready for the games.

The worst defense I have every seen in the WCHA, constantly guys at the net totally uncovered getting point blank shots. Can't believe this isn't the last place team, and I think they will eventually end up there.

Wow.. putting a 16 spot on mankato for the weekend? I am pretty nervous about next weekend.

I am not they played one of the worst team in the WCHA and we just score a 12 spot. UND is the top scoring team in the WCHA UND is scoring 4.78 points per game and UofM is 4.38. UND and UofM are taking about the same number of penalty minutes and are the number one penantly killer in the WCHA. Actually UND pp is now at 18.8% good for 4th place.

Just to add to that these Facts UND has played 21 games and scored 106 goals and UofM has score 102 in 25 games. No I am not worried.

I think the Sioux will handle the Gophers. I'm not saying it will be easy, the Gophers have defeated some top notch Non-Conf. teams during their latest run, but have not really played any of the top teams in the conference during their streak. If the Gophers are really planning on making a run, then they will need to do well against the top three (UND, UMD, UW); their next three conference opponents.

Dogz makes a great point

UND vs top half of WCHA 7-1-1

UND vs bottom half of WCHA 5-0-1

Minn vs top half of WCHA 0-5-1

Minn vs bottom half of WCHA 8-2-0

We'll see this weekend. Both teams have a lot of tough games left, but the next two weeks will tell a lot about the Gophers, with UND and Wisconsin coming to town.

Dogz makes a great point

UND vs top half of WCHA 7-1-1

UND vs bottom half of WCHA 5-0-1

Minn vs top half of WCHA 0-5-1

Minn vs bottom half of WCHA 8-2-0

We'll see this weekend. Both teams have a lot of tough games left, but the next two weeks will tell a lot about the Gophers, with UND and Wisconsin coming to town.

If the Gophers can take a game soundly from UND, I will be comfortable knowing they have a chance in the NCAAs.

I'd like the Gophers to get eight points from the UND/UMD/UW series. Splits likely with UND and UMD. Sweeping Bucky.

sagard, I am curious what you would think would happen if the Gophers get swept by the Sioux. Do you think that would adversely affect their NCAA run? I am not talking about WCHA, because it's already established that Lucia doesn't care much for league titles.