SiouxSports.com Forum

Oklahoma State and BCS corruption in general...

Hayduke

While I admit that I do like to point out that FCS is not tier I college football, after being disgusted by this latest scandal and BCS corruption in general, I think that UND and the Ag School are better off at the FCS level. Now, watch the NCAA just give wrist slaps for these violations.

Maybe we'd be better off if the big five conferences in FBS would break away and form a super division of college football. These guys make the TV comedy Blue Mountain State seem more like a documentary...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/news/20130911/oklahoma-state-part-2-academics/

We'll just accept Heisman Trophy returns, erase records from the books later, and pretend the games never happened. That'll fix everything.

Absolutely. And I am sure along with the returned trophies and negated awards and championships, the NCAA will return all the money paid by the TV networks to broadcast these forfeited games...

Yup.

Every penny... :silly:

Absolutely. And I am sure along with the returned trophies and negated awards and championships, the NCAA will return all the money paid by the TV networks to broadcast these forfeited games...

Yup.

Every penny... :silly:

A vast majority of the TV money flows through the NCAA and back to the member schools. So the schools themselves would need to return the money.

Every school has advisors who attempt to place the athletes in the easiest classes with professors whom they know to be more lenient. With all the classes the players are forced to miss due to travel, they need the professors to be lenient to some extent. At UND, you won't see many hockey players (or other revenue sports players) taking applied physics or organic chemistry, but you'll be sure to see them in US history, personal finance, personal investing, intro to university studies, and ping pong. I also know several UND athletes and ordinary students who didn't do their own homework but instead had someone else write the paper and that's something the school can't really control. Where OK St (and I'm sure many other universities) really crossed the line is in having professors/appointed tutors/other employees doing the players' homework for them.

Note: There are many athletes who truly are attending college for the education and I'm sure the advisors are able to pick them out pretty quickly and help them to take the courses they actually want/need.

A vast majority of the TV money flows through the NCAA and back to the member schools. So the schools themselves would need to return the money.

How about game programs, championship hats, Final Four or Bowl Game t-shirts, etc.? It's sold by the NCAA at these events...I see the stands at tournaments North Dakota plays in...this stuff flies off the shelves.

How about game programs, championship hats, Final Four or Bowl Game t-shirts, etc.? It's sold by the NCAA at these events...I see the stands at tournaments North Dakota plays in...this stuff flies off the shelves.

Most of that money goes back to the member schools also. I found and posted a breakdown of revenue and expenses from the NCAA web site at one time. I'm not going to go back and look for it right now, but I believe the NCAA budget is less than 10% of the TV revenues they bring in from the NCAA Division I Men's Basketball tournament. Just about all other TV money goes straight to the conferences and schools. The NCAA passes hundreds of millions of dollars along to the member schools, with the bigger conferences taking home most of it.